Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sola

-A fifth level for manual work priorities.  It's not a major inconvenience, but it's definitely noticed sometimes.
-The ability to put devilstrand in hydroponics.  Was there a reason this wasn't included?
-When forcing a pawn to prioritize something, allow them to do it even if they're not assigned to it (but possible of doing it).  This will cut out some micromanaging.  "open tab, allow doctoring, tend, open tab, disallow doctoring."
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

DariusWolfe

Devilstrand used to be allowed in hydroponics, but it was removed because the long grow time, combined with the fragility of hydroponics (God forbid you had either a bzzt! or a solar flare) meant it failed way too often.

Immortalits

Hi, I have a few "cheap" idea.
New planet generation setting: faction colony density (maybe 10-30-50-70-100-150-200% of the curent density)
Repairable combat equipment. (I just feel so bad about using a realy good quality armor, knowing that it will simply be broken at some point) - maybe only awailable for extreme-masterwork-legendary quality with the use of some materials the item creation needed baseline - both the crafting and the broken down buildings systems could be used, but crafting would be more realistic, useing the same bench the craft needed just by creating a new order, to repair a certain type of item.
Disable incident - breakdowns - it's just annoying, would be cool if it could be disabled, like zrits.
Create incident - orbital trader - options, like the options to "order" caravan types or tell the orbital trader, to send out a message of an order, players can make, that arrives 1-2 quadrums later.
Extra idea for colonists childrens, maybe not an easy one - use the system of the Thrumbos breeding time as a base, maybe half of it, and add a new work tab for caring children, make it work as animal handling. Children needs caring in infant state (up to 3-5 years or something). All of these are already existing in the game, that's why I'm writing it here in the "cheap" section. Children would be cool for roleplayers even if they need a lot of time to grow up.
Also an extra idea, that makes the game a bit more realistic - young animals born from tames parents should be easier to train, a simple mood for them, that gives their trainer X% bonus success chance.

Immortalits

Fully Bionic colonists (torso, head), makes them "immortal" (aging doesn' affect them).
Just by adding more tradeable bionic body parts. Body part ideas:
-torso:
  - currently existing ones, just bionic (lung, heart, etc.) with boosts, like liver/kidney- addiction recovery
  - torso tissue (muscles, skin, bones, like at the limbs), should give an all around bonus to most activities, maybe 5%
- head:
  - brain (no longer lose xp over time -it can also be a memory chip coupled with the existing ones)
  - conciousness chip (if to make it other chips not drop down conciousness)
  - cosmetics (replaceable ears, nose, etc.) - or rework luciferium (haven't used it a single time, but 'im scared because of the risk of losing an almost full bionic colonist, to regrow a nose or ear.

Immortalits

material requirement adjustment:
walls, they cost way to few resources, especially compared to arts, that requires tons of them, still the largest ones occupies just 4 units of space.
also doors compared to walls, cost way too much, however, that cost seems somewhat balanced.
Also, built walls should be stronger than the stone it is mined from, because it's structure is enhanced somewhat.
My suggestion is to make walls cost around 30-50 materials, and give them a bit of health boost too compared to the stne they are mined from.
Also stone block crafting should craft more from a chunk in this case, or reverse balance things, and make other things cost less.
Building a stone base should be expensive, but should be more rewarding too.
Also, don't know how hard it is to program, but coolers and wents should be implemented to walls, so they don't act as weak spots at raids.
Maye make the hot part 1 space unit further away from it, so in the space between, can be a wall, that's the easiest way to solve this thing.

glass zebra

- Make (pack)animals prefer hay etc. over human-edible food in caravans.
Seems like every eater eats the things they can eat with the shortest spoil time. This means your animals will always eat your colonist processed food in winter caravans and ignore hay until the other food is gone. It also makes pawns eat raw human meat etc. even if there are real meals left. Kinda makes it impossible to sell human meat with caravans or to do long caravans with packing animals in times where they cannot gras during caravans. They will ignore hay and eat simple meals etc. Will probably need an action since the "eat what will spoil soon" makes sense in general, but not really in use cases like winter caravans or trying to sell raw food.

- Make smokeleave joint crafting setting to skill again (and maybe add it to the druglab)
Right now you can not make your builder prefer stone cutting over rolling smoke leave joints without priority forcing i.e. heavy micromanagement. Maybe a simple reverse in job priority would also do the trick but imo the case where joints and stone block crafting are both available is very common and your builder will always do the joints first. The whole reason I allow my builders to do crafting now is due to the changes on stonecutting. (The same plead probably applies to smelting)

king komodo

Perhaps the ability to build roads between colonies/allied settlements? I mean some of them you visit often enough, why not have them do it or build it yourself?

On another note, what ever happened to the cages? I think they would make a nice deterrent for raiders since we have the mental health system in place now.

Kappel

What about adding deterioration effects to items that are in water, similar to when they are unroofed? It seems a bit silly to store all of your goodies ontop of a gushing river, I think.

Lightzy

Event: Pawn leaves.

Like on pilgrimage, or just tired of your bullshit etc. Leaves to join a hippie commune or whatever

NeverPire

Quote from: Lightzy on June 08, 2017, 10:04:14 AM

Like on pilgrimage, or just tired of your bullshit etc. Leaves to join a hippie commune or whatever

In fact, this event already exist in the code, like the infiltrated agent one, but it has just not be implemented.
I imagine it's due to the frustration they create by removing a pawn you have trained all along.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Limdood

Quote from: NeverPire on June 08, 2017, 12:54:46 PM
Quote from: Lightzy on June 08, 2017, 10:04:14 AM

In fact, this event already exist in the code, like the infiltrated agent one, but it has just not be implemented.
I imagine it's due to the frustration they create by removing a pawn you have trained all along.
It WAS implemented....it was removed 5 (i think?) alphas ago - and yes, because having a pawn just leave/die is no fun

ProjectXa3

Chance for tailored cloth items to come out of the creation process in a variety of colors?
"I set fire to my sheet of sailcloth and drape it over the skeletons."
"Okay I'm...I'm going to need you to roll for a personality check for that one."

kfsone

"Fridge" - a shelf for food,

A range restriction on how far you can *bring* something to a storage area, making it possible to set up staging,

"Trade doors" - restrict doors to specific tasks (so you can set up an abbatoir that people can't stroll thru; up to you whether people on a mental break will ignore these rules)

MistMaster

Not sure if this counts as cheap but clothing dyes.
That way you could assign some kind of uniform color.

BetaSpectre

Quote from: kfsone on June 08, 2017, 06:59:29 PM
"Fridge" - a shelf for food,

A range restriction on how far you can *bring* something to a storage area, making it possible to set up staging,

"Trade doors" - restrict doors to specific tasks (so you can set up an abbatoir that people can't stroll thru; up to you whether people on a mental break will ignore these rules)
I second fridges
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO