Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DmitryKRX

Hello. I want to suggest to add to games a bayonet knives on weapon.
They will be used as a close combat weapon when the opponent approaches too close.
They can be put or removed.
The bayonet knives can be found or made.
I hope you will read and you will add this thing to a game.
Good luck. ;)

horus

when creating a zone make a whole map zone button as right now it's very annoying to manually zone the map on larger map settings. it's mainly used if you want to restrict colonists/animals to walk into some area but let them walk around the rest of the map.

DariusWolfe

Select the areas you want restricted. Go into Area management, invert area.

Matheus Teixeira

Hello! My name is Matheus and I'm a Brazilian player of Rimworld, sorry if you have some errors, I'm using google translator ... hahahah
But I would like to say that I love the game a lot and I am happy to contribute in some way to the development.
One legal idea would be for the settlers to have children, would that be possible?  ;)

FUBAR254

***Stop sending me to the world map when I right-click the colonists bar***

This is so annoying, I hardly ever go to the world map, why do I need two ways of getting to it!?!
Ideally, what I would expect to happen is for the normal pawn menu to open up for that pawn, i.e: "Drop charge rifle." but if that is not possible, disabling the function of being sent to the world map when right-clicking would be amazing too.

Thanks for reading  :P

bradr44

Allow the player to Copy/Paste production orders for workshops.  When I change the location of my kitchen, refinery, or hospital, it can be pretty tedious to duplicate all the specific work orders of production quantity, allowed skill, and allowed ingredients.

Loloped

Forced labour for prisoners.

Flags and posters (Logo of the Colony, for example)  with description in text, not a picture.

Soupy Delicious

Here's a cheap idea that would most definitely add some more intricacy and risk/reward to surgery.  When I first went to install a peg-leg I was waiting for a mildly prosperous period in my colony so that the soon-to-be-pegged colonist could recoop with no worries.  There was no recoop period (unless, of course, the surgery goes wrong).  Installing a prosthetic should incur a period of healing afterwards. 

That would add a lot :)

giannikampa

One click "mark all map for hunting" as well as "mark all map for harvest" as well as "mark all map for cut trees"

pawns will still respect their allowed zone
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

jdemiers17

Caravaning.  It seems sorta difficult to direct which direction your caravan leaves exactly, and if it ends up on a square that is covered in mountains you ad another 12+ hours  to your trip for no reason. if there was some way of planning the direction of your route before you left the map I think that would be better.

also roads don't seem to effect the travel time. 17 hours through a mountain tile with or without a road.

Crow_T

Some refinements:
When creating a bill you get a pulldown of items to make, it'd be nice to see what resources are required in the initial list. Currently it is pick an item, then go into details.

Research item details should not only include what previous research is needed, but what level skills are needed to actually use the research.

An ability to compare multiple things side by side, be it colonists, weapons, items, etc. whether equipped or not.

The ability to create named waypoints that can be jumped to on the map, eg. ambrosia sprouts, Home, dangerous feeling, etc.

When an animal goes crazy it'd be nice to have it marked, or have the ability for the player to mark them- one can lose track of them pretty easily.

Edit: forgot one, the ability for Wardens to lock doors to keep other colonists out of areas.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

FUBAR254

Archive tab for World Messages

I know there is a mod for this, but I really think this should be part of the game - being able to go back and re-read messages (and 'jump to location' repeatedly) is great

Soupy Delicious

Quote from: Crow_T on July 03, 2017, 10:51:24 AM
Some refinements:
When creating a bill you get a pulldown of items to make, it'd be nice to see what resources are required in the initial list. Currently it is pick an item, then go into details.

Research item details should not only include what previous research is needed, but what level skills are needed to actually use the research.

An ability to compare multiple things side by side, be it colonists, weapons, items, etc. whether equipped or not.

The ability to create named waypoints that can be jumped to on the map, eg. ambrosia sprouts, Home, dangerous feeling, etc.

When an animal goes crazy it'd be nice to have it marked, or have the ability for the player to mark them- one can lose track of them pretty easily.

Edit: forgot one, the ability for Wardens to lock doors to keep other colonists out of areas.

Hey guv. Don't want to be mean, but most of your ideas would probs take a lot of work, and they're also barely worth it. I wouldn't call them refinements either, but instead concessions to the ever present addiction to convenience.

DariusWolfe

I disagree pretty much categorically with Soupy Delicious (though, okay, some of the ideas would be more work than is implied in "Cheap").

dv

If a person is having a Pyromaniac episode, and they set a firefoam popper on fire, and it pops...

I feel like something different should happen. Either they should avoid the poppers, or they should be injured, or shocked out of their episode, or something.

I just have this image in my head.

Also would be cool if lovers and spouses with a Doctor role could talk people out of berserk episodes. But that's probably not simple. (AI changes.)