Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soupy Delicious

Quote from: DariusWolfe on July 03, 2017, 11:28:59 PM
I disagree pretty much categorically with Soupy Delicious (though, okay, some of the ideas would be more work than is implied in "Cheap").

Oh, do you?  Well I'd much rather you try and convince me that they're not all 'me want it be easierer' type suggestions... or what some incorrectly call quality of life changes (more like quantity of life, innit)

I've got a pretty good suggestion coming right up, if anyone's watching, and I think it would please most people: a toggle, or something, to virtually hide the existence of another running colony (say, if you have an empty "Hunting Grounds" whose notifications you don't need to see or hear; hide it)

Coovargo

Boomiphants. Because Boomalopes aren't nightmarish enough.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Coovargo on July 04, 2017, 05:00:48 AM
Boomiphants. Because Boomalopes aren't nightmarish enough.

Naaaah .. thats just a bigger boom what you really want is Boomrats breeding and burrowing like real rats ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Mkok

Make pawns who have friends/family from a friendly faction ocassionally call them using the comms console as a joy activity.

DariusWolfe

Quote from: Soupy Delicious on July 04, 2017, 04:10:19 AM
Oh, do you?  Well I'd much rather you try and convince me that they're not all 'me want it be easierer' type suggestions... or what some incorrectly call quality of life changes (more like quantity of life, innit)

I put just about the same effort into my post as you did yours.

Now, how about we go back to making suggestions, rather than discussing them, as this thread is intended?

JT

Quote from: Matheus Teixeira on June 29, 2017, 02:44:12 PM
One legal idea would be for the settlers to have children, would that be possible?  ;)

Children & Pregnancy mod. =)

Quote from: giannikampa on July 03, 2017, 02:34:58 AM
One click "mark all map for hunting" as well as "mark all map for harvest" as well as "mark all map for cut trees"

pawns will still respect their allowed zone

Allow Tool mod. =)

Quote from: jdemiers17 on July 03, 2017, 05:14:23 AM
if there was some way of planning the direction of your route before you left the map I think that would be better.

Already included!  Check the Config tab at the top of the window that appears when forming a caravan.  It should definitely be somewhere else, though; it is indeed buried and clunky the way it's set up.  (I could probably take a crack at this one at some point since I'm digging around in that code right now, although my release schedule is notoriously unpredictable.  [edit]Just to clarify I'm not a dev.  Just a modder with too little time on his hands.)

giannikampa

And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Mkok

Select which colonists are to be shown on the tab on the top of the screen. I ussually only care about few of them, and the rest is just in the way.

orty

1. How about a (maybe menu-toggled) Wilhelm Scream when refusing to help chased pawns?

2. Give pawn thumbs an icon or overlay if they're suffering from heat stroke/hypothermia or have another health condition that isn't debilitating but could become serious without action.  (i.e. a quick-look at all pawns' health statuses)

3. Provide a small radio icon/animation above the comms console when a ship is in range.  (Many, many times we've forgotten that one is in range only until a message pops up that it's left!)

4. Ability to auto-generate a growing area on only fertile soil, or maybe any specific soil type.

5. Add toggle button for "and/or" function in stockpile zones for condition and quality sliders (i.e. awful-normal AND 0-50% / awful-normal OR 0-50%)

6. Add a skill level range slider for performing operations, similar to range sliders for bills, or restrict them to the highest-skilled pawn in the relevant skill area.

orty

Quote from: jdemiers17 on June 14, 2017, 08:01:19 AM
Haul plants after harvesting , if the colonist harvested what they could carry then they would stop and haul it. just like a hunter hauls after they hunt the animal. it doesn't make that much sense for a pawn to harvest some berries that are on the other side of the map and then just leave them on the ground.

Perhaps this could be a default feature of only plants that are not in growing zones, and should be a default for mining and cutting trees.  Tough to assign a haul task interstitially between the harvesting/mining task just completed and the rest task that is queued next.  Is there a stockpile zone between the pawn and the bed?  Is hauling set manually as priority over the task at hand?  Not a cheap fix, IMO.

MerlosTheMad

How about a rat infestation event in your freezer/base? Kind of make it a lesser insect hive event for earlier in the game or on lesser difficulties.

ARiA1089

what i would like to see is in scenario editor a way to force your colonists you start with to have something happen to their limbs or such, such as forcing each colonist you start with to have a scratch scar on a body part, or a certain bionic limb, it would make for some cool scenarios
──▄▀──────────█──
──▄▀───────────█── Careful Kids, he got raided
─▄▀─█───────────█─
█──▄█────────▄──█─
─▀▀─█──█──█──█▄▀
────█──█──█▀▀
────█──█▄▄█
────█──█
────▀▄▄▀

NiftyAxolotl

When I create a stockpile and specify what should go in it, the game should generate a name automatically.
Just name it after a category (Any Meals; Most Meats), two categories (Stone Chunks and Stone Blocks), or category with exception (Animal Products except Eggs (Fert.)).
Write low priority zones in lower case, all the way up to CRITICAL IN ALL CAPS!!!!

XeoNite

Maybe when the game is loaded it starts on pause (because sometimes it takes long to load worlds so i put it in the background) Or is that a thing already? It would be helpful.
-Never mess with squirrels

nylem

Hi. Any chance of being able to assign animal beds to specific animals so they can have specific sleeping spots like in their master's bedroom etc. Many thanks.