Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spielesocke

Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 01, 2017, 02:35:54 PM
Quote from: Spielesocke on October 01, 2017, 12:52:19 PM
soo yes please... make it happen: a litte robot for cleaning rooms... !

There might be a mod for this .. or five or even more.

Quote from: maculator on September 29, 2017, 05:37:07 PM
I wasn't 100% serious^^ It's annoying as F to determine fertile ground in a field of grass.
I'm not a big fan of mods at all..

TheWrongColonist

Animals designated to "Slaughter" should not be rescued but killed instead, i lost count on how many times i want to butcher for some meat and i catch the colonists rescuing and feeding animals supposed to be killed...

Spielesocke

Quote from: Spielesocke on October 01, 2017, 05:31:21 PM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 01, 2017, 02:35:54 PM
Quote from: Spielesocke on October 01, 2017, 12:52:19 PM
soo yes please... make it happen: a litte robot for cleaning rooms... !

There might be a mod for this .. or five or even more.

Quote from: maculator on September 29, 2017, 05:37:07 PM
I wasn't 100% serious^^ It's annoying as F to determine fertile ground in a field of grass.
I'm not a big fan of mods at all..

Poked around a bit: all cleaning mods i found a partially broken and don't work like intended.. so yes.. i would like this function be a part of the game :)

JimmyAgnt007

Not sure if I mentioned before, but a snapshot tool that lest you take pictures of the whole map, maybe at timed intervals.  So you can watch how your base grows over time.  Would be kinda neat.

mumblemumble

make art FAR more subject to social skill at lower quality. Anyone can sell a jaw dropping statue, but selling a hunk of rock with scribbles on it takes a real silver tongue.

make "dead man appearal" have a 3 hour grace period. I know its a creepy idea, but I think it would be tolerable if the person looked more recently dead, than someone who has been dead for a while : after all, the psychological effect of death "hitting home" sometimes takes a bit, and I think pulling a kevlar vest off a recently shot guy would be ok, but going the next day to grab it would be far more creepy

make mental breaks when someone is starving, needing sleep, wanting drugs, ect, make them do just that, possibly with violent outbursts against anyone who gets in the way, and will disobey any forbidden marks / will do unusual behavior to accomplish it. (eat an small animals after killing it without bothering to butcher it, sleeping on the floor). Get a catharsis bonus only if its achieved to completion (meaning a full sleep without interuption). This would make more sense than a starving person trying to kill someone, rather than just pigging out. If someone is breaking over something they CAN change, it would make sense they act out to CHANGE IT.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

kulg

Could it be possible to add a "use any" for construction? I keep trying to build walls and I have 10 billion different kinds of stone blocks. I don't care if my wall looks like a checkerboard, I just want a wall that won't burn! And I'm too lazy to count. If my builders just grabbed bricks in general though then it would make like easier!

Bolgfred

Neurotrainers for animals to increase intelligence
Neurotrainers for prisoners to reduce Recruit difficulty
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

dodo2

-stun gun, stun club.

-dodo birds. super adorable.

-poison blades

-wind gush, has a negative impact on growth of plants, and wel, more wind.

-glowing metor: essentially a reverse eclipse, its day for a ~week.

-mass-mass-migration: a giant herd of animals passes, but then none of that animal species for years. maybe followed by a giant herd of another predatory animal

Sola

Nonlethal weapons have been begged for since the early days.

Love the idea of a mass migration (or linked events in general).
30 Muffalo coming through heralding an extended toxic fallout, for example.
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

Kiame

Quote from: Sola on October 06, 2017, 09:42:53 AM
Nonlethal weapons have been begged for since the early days.

Love the idea of a mass migration (or linked events in general).
30 Muffalo coming through heralding an extended toxic fallout, for example.

An idea off that, mating season. Early spring stay away from male muffalos, never know when they will attack!

Mihsan

Quality and beauty of stone chunks. Just imagine superior piece of rock that you can drop into your garden with flowers to get beauty bonus. Normal stones should be neutral in beauty (or a bit ugly).
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

giannikampa

on clicking "jump to location" let the event message showed so we can open again.
on clicking "ok/close" delete it as normally is now.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Bolgfred

Quote from: Mihsan on October 07, 2017, 08:20:05 AM
Quality and beauty of stone chunks. Just imagine superior piece of rock that you can drop into your garden with flowers to get beauty bonus. Normal stones should be neutral in beauty (or a bit ugly).

Actually I'd say the negative beauty of stones an items is a balancing thing which is panning no g to put items into your living area.
To solve this I'd say there has to be some work done to "remake" the chunks. This could be a workshop job, which need an artist, who takes the sone to the workshop, checks it, and level depending gets the same stone back, a nice one, a beautiful one or an even more ugly one. An other option would be to mark stones Astor be beauty checked, like they are marked for hauling and the artist can check them without hauling.
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

corestandeven

Some more cheap ideas (but some may be veering towards not being cheap though...):

- More Random names/characters – I see the same characters in every game. For instance 'Skye - Enforcer' has appeared in all 5 of my games, either as a refugee fleeing or in an enemy faction.  I assume this is because these are characters that some people have paid to be in the game, but they do show up very regularly.

- Option to chat or socialize with a pawn - You can do this to cheer them up when they are patients in hospital, but you oddly cant get pawns to talk otherwise. Doing so should either result in better relations, a risk of worse relations, and a slight mood buff for those pawns who are sociable and negative buff for loners.

- Ability for high skill social pawns to talk to and maybe bring mentally broken pawns out of their daze or depression. Failure means either no effect or worse a rage attack. Seems odd that the only two options when a pawn breaks is to either arrest them or wait it out until they recover or collapse.

- Ability for medical pawns to administer medicine when a pawn is dazed or in a mental break

- Food quality for prisoners - I have 100 simple meals and one lavish meal, yet my allocated warden keeps trying to give the one lavish meal to my prisoner. I interupt what he is doing, but then he tries to pick it up again! It almost seems it is hardcoded to give prisoners the best meal when it should surely be the reverse? At the least, like meds, there should be a tick box to say what food prisoners can and cant get.

- Wall/ceiling lights - Personal taste perhaps, but standing lamps don't look nice to me and take up space. Be nice if there were other vanilla options.

- Standing lamps take a disproportionate amount of power and don't switch off when pawns are not in the room. Micromanaging lamps is just not fun when you have limited power.

- Skylights are already modded but they really should be in vanilla IMO, especially when lamps are so costly in terms of power.

- Make uranium easier to see, distinguish or search for in rock formations on the map. Steel, Components, Gold, Jade, plasteel etc. are all easy to find at a glance, but this important late game resource is not.

- I havent tried the 'While You're Up' mod but the issue it apparently solves should be in vanilla. It is very frustrating when a pawn goes all the way to the other side of the map to do a job (pick berries, cut trees, mine, etc), then wanders all the way back to the colony for a meal/rest/joy and doesnt bring back anything unless you micromanage. Yes, those who have the no dumb labor trait should not, but pawns without this should.

-  On the topic of dumb labor I agree with what others have suggested, in that all pawns should be able to be forced/ordered to carry items by the player, but those with the 'no dumb labor' trait should have a penalty (maybe a big mood penalty and/or movement penalty?).

- Equally, those with the 'pacifist' trait should also be ordered to attack (or at least defend themselves), but be extremely poor at combat, get a negative mood buffer for hitting someone, and a massive negative mood buffer for downing/killing someone. Even a pacifist would defend themselves if it meant the alternative was they were going die.

tonsrd

not read the 300 pages so heres my cheap idea

0.75 / 0.5 ui scale ( im on a 17" moniter and buttons are 2big/2many I have a lot of mods installed )