Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xaxunio

Very strong wind
Duration: 2-4 game hours.
effects:
1) chance of breaking a tree (for example, lvl_grown - 10-50% (random) every 1h)
If it breaks, it gives 60-80% of the normal amount of woods
2) damage to selected buildings (for example defensive towers, trade orbital, wind turbines) and vegetation
3) 20-30% lowering the speed of all units on the map
4) Increased energy production of wind turbines by 20-60%
5) 10% chance to create  a tornado every 30 game min (and decrease the duration of the event -1h when the tornado disappears)
6) If you have winter moved snow ;)

kixiye

I'd like to be able to rearrange the colonist bar. Every time my colony manages to grow to 10-15 people I try to group them up in teams of four or five, but they usually form pairs and friendships across my groupings. It could also help me to single out colonists who are full melee or refuse to fight altogether and not get them mixed up.

A new setting in the world generation options for how long days are, and/or how many days there are per season. I find that the years pass far too fast on the rim, the seasons are to short for me to really appreciate the varying ways of running colonies. Longer crops seasons followed by a long hunting and indoor working season would be really great I think. Preferably as a variable option, for say 10-60 days per season in world generation.

How about having the names of all pawns be drawn from lists like the tribal namemaker? Instead of the
        <li>name->[tribalword] [tribalword]</li>
it could be
        <li>name->[firstname] [lastname]</li>
and some note to edit to mark the difference between male and female names?
I can't code but I have experimented a but with xml but not managed to do anything useful with the names list.

WoodenIncubus

I don't know if I'm quite too late, or if it's in the newest interface update, but being able to shift-click or control-click for a pop-up box on any slider related to numbers would be amazing. No more stuck at 1499 or 1501 when trying to set stone block stuff.

giannikampa

Make every string that contain a name to be a link: if you click the name then the screen centers on that pawn. Very similar to the list of names you have in the social menu, but no selection ,only center the screen.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Zafety

Can it be possible to make grass grow without the presence of other grass tiles nearby? I feel like in most of my worlds the first winter kills all the grass on the map then fails to spread back to anywhere but the edges of the map again before the next winter occurs. It's nothing that keeps me from playing the game it is just weird to only see dirt and trees in the majority of my map.

jamaicancastle

Quote from: Zafety on January 16, 2018, 11:38:31 PM
Can it be possible to make grass grow without the presence of other grass tiles nearby?
This isn't a simple fix, but it is on the list of things to be changed for the next release.

Zafety

Quote from: jamaicancastle on January 17, 2018, 07:58:46 AM
Quote from: Zafety on January 16, 2018, 11:38:31 PM
Can it be possible to make grass grow without the presence of other grass tiles nearby?
This isn't a simple fix, but it is on the list of things to be changed for the next release.
Didn't realise. Thanks for letting me know.

Joth

Quote from: NeverPire on January 15, 2018, 09:08:50 AM
Quote from: Joth on January 14, 2018, 09:03:27 PM
2 suggestions.  Firstly, a trader meetup spot.  When traders come, it seems they pick a random spot to hover around.  Sometimes this spot isn't always in an ideal location (they may be walking into sleeping colonists' rooms etc.).  Allowing the player to choose a spot would be helpful.  I think there is a mod for this, but it seems like it should be in the official version.
Thanks for the wonderful game.
This feature has already be proposed a lot of time. However, devs don't want to add it to prevent players to throw caravans into killrooms.
That makes sense, I see how it could easily be abused.  I guess some people don't have the same play style as me!  I still would like a colonist grouping or rearranging colonist bar option though.

One other idea I had that would be (possibly?) easy--early game, heat waves can be devastating if your colony doesn't have the tech to combat it.  Allowing colonists to use water features like rivers/lakes as a way to cool off for a short period would be nice and I think it would be a fair way to manage heat stroke with a good balance in trade-offs.  Pros: Colonists don't die from heat stroke.  Cons: Requires micromanaging from the player and vigilance as far as monitoring health of colonists, colonists are wasting productive time which is very valuable in the early game--time wasted depends on proximity of the colony to a water feature. 

I know the next update is meant to give more purpose to water, this would be a feature that could go along with that.

James Swift

Really cheap and easy to implement idea - "rescue" button for any wounded colonists, no matter conscious or not. Right now if colonist is conscious, but severely bleeding, he will bleed to death before reaching medical bed. I have to haul bed to wounded instead, which is a bit counter intuitive.

Also, animals trained in rescuing should rescue such colonists.

And a bit less cheap variant - designate "rescue", same as "harvest" for plants. And the best animal/colonist for the job will reserve the task. So you could manually control which colonist should be rescued, and who can walk to hospital on their own.

giannikampa

Let further click on "idle colonist" message cycle trough idle colonists instead of just the first

NeverPire

Could it be possible to get any way to get back a notification message ?
I think especially about drop pods that are really difficult to find when you didn't have the time to afford them at the moment of the notification and want to find them later.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

aaron_soutys

[MEDICINE AND TREATMENT]

I am sorry if that was suggested somewhere, i searched the forum for "treatment" and no one seemed to suggest that.

Having the ability to choose which injuries i want to treat with which kind of medicine (or no medicine or no treatment) would be awesome.

It takes a lot of time to micromanage the wound seriousness by toggling the general colonist's treatment method.

Also, seeing colonist wasting medpack on few bruises triggers me a lot :D

I suggest the tick/X toggle for "advanced treatment options" that shows the icon of a medpack near each wound (preferably on the left because of text justifying) that you can click multiple times to toggle the med tier. Also all of those are by default set to the one method selected in already existing med selection, so if I change the overall medicine used to herbal, then all of the wounds change to herbal, no mather if i toggled them before or not.

(I would attach the sketch of what i just described when i get to my own PC)

giannikampa

add the "(re)build transport pod" button to the pod launcer

Joth

Make it so colonists' beds stay assigned when they leave on a caravan trip.  Make it so colonists in a cryptosleep casket have their beds unassigned. 

GrimTrigger