Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demonlord091

Change the name of "Phoebe Chillax" back to "Phoebe Friendly".

Restore the separate "Repair" work type so it's not all handled by Construction.

Add a Locks system back to the doors. Your original lock system was better than what the mods have to offer.

Evelyn

Phoebe Friendly is much better for the alliteration scheme of the other storytellers. I can't imagine what prompted the change to 'Chillax' in the first place

jamaicancastle

Because she's not actually any friendlier. She gives you more time between major events (the "chill" part), but she isn't any nicer than Cassandra when it comes time to deploy those events.

TrashMan

Wood treatment - I got an idea for this after researching Japanese castles. They were made mostly from wood, bu the japs treated them with several layers of a mixture that made it very hard to set on fire and served as an additional protection from outside elements.
Basically a realistic way to make wood walls far less flamable

Siyat

Cheapest suggestion that I can think of, an eclipse should lower the temperature by roughly 15 degrees.  Most of us experienced it last year during last August's eclipse.  I just had a eclipse during a heat wave which could have helped by starting settlement.

alligator76

New mental break idea, dont know how to call it: the pawn will not follow the time planning nor the tasks it bas been given; instead he will do whatever he wants whenever he wants. He would even be able to force someone to stop his task (for ex. Cooking) and he would do it instead of him. He wouldnt also follow the rules for each workplace (for ex. he could produce a few cow boy hats even if it is not un the tasks).

Aboada

More carpet colours

Implement more colours. The same way you can pick up different types of wall material, for example. One button has all carpet colours, and when you click there you can choose one.

sick puppy

hail
happens only when it's warm.
cools current temperature by a couple degrees for the time and a few hours afterwards. destroys/damages plants.
i didnt check, but i think different crops (especially) have different hp.
in my opinion it shouldnt destroy grass and moss and stuff, but damage trees slightly. natural bushes and plants get medium damage but crops suffer the largest damage and commonly get destroyed.

how can you defend against it? quickly build a roof over unroofed crops. harvesting is usually too slow for this task. you can remove the roof afterwards again. roofing symbolizes when in our world people put umbrellas and stuff over their plants in their gardens.
long term defence against it is hydroponics.

giannikampa

Choose a damage type you want to buff and give it 100%chance to insta infect the body part it hits.
I would suggest one or more animal bites, but also some weapons hit. I mean a rusty sword or a envenomed bow (some work to create theese specific items). or why not every uranium made weapon?
your choice, you are so good at balancing new things in!
"oh god, iguanas bites are infectives now! gotta be careful! or better, gotta tame tons of those"

edit:
The Scyther blades?  Yes, the Scyther blades! you were looking for an adjustment for them, make them give infection. lol
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

James Swift

Lucy:
Quoteadvanced glitterworld mechanites that dramatically improve the body's functioning

New serum:
QuoteA one-use super-dose of mechanites tuned to heal health conditions.

So, we have 2 mechanite serums, but luci is much worse at healing, and much more expensive and risky. Since we can regrow limbs now, I think it would be fair to give such ability to lucy too. Let it just heal any injury as long as pawn lives long enough.

Wanderer_joins

Coolers set on a negative temperature by default (< 0°C)

MeowRailroad

If I could have one change made right now I'd change the value of dirt or grass tiles to be neutral instead of negative, and naturally occurring rock would also be neutral. It seems strange to me how colonists find these beautiful landscapes ugly.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

sick puppy

Quote from: MeowRailroad on February 05, 2018, 07:13:31 PM
If I could have one change made right now I'd change the value of dirt or grass tiles to be neutral instead of negative, and naturally occurring rock would also be neutral. It seems strange to me how colonists find these beautiful landscapes ugly.
they're ugly because they're dirty. be happy they are only -2 and not even less

Names are for the Weak

Rename "Infection" to "Gangrene".

MeowRailroad

Quote from: Names are for the Weak on February 05, 2018, 08:44:15 PM
Rename "Infection" to "Gangrene".

It doesn't make sense though how just being outdoors makes everything seem ugly. Maybe "ugly" should be renamed "roughness" or something like that so it makes more sense. I still think colonists should get some benefits from seeing beautiful landscapes.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"