Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewArt

There is a mod that has not yet been updated to b18, it lets you save your ship (after you "win" by sending colonists into space) and then you can use that ship for further gameplay by creating a new game and choosing the ship, which has all your colonists and such. I think it fits well with the game and should maybe be integrated into the game.. (I hope they update the mod if not)

Ser Kitteh

So I'm not gonna read the past 350 pages and I'm sure people have mention this so what the heck:

More clothes for tribals.

Dargaron

Quote from: Alerter on March 12, 2018, 07:25:40 PM
We can strip our prisoners/pawns, but we can't dress them. Idea is simple: add clothing policy for prisoners and allow pawns to dress someone according to policy (ability to haul might be required).

This. So much this. When I was trying to recruit a 99% tribal, their tribalwear literally disintegrated before I could recruit them and get them actual clothing.

A1Mike_W

Make shattered ribs hurt.

I have one colonist walking around without half a ribcage with no problem and not even a little pain.

Jackalvin

A tribal mortar.
Maybe a catapult, but I was thinking a large, large, slingshot, shooting chunks and rotten corpses.   
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

sedhoo

( I reposted because I thought it was newest first, I thought, "that is odd" so I deleted and reposted it then realised its oldest first xD)
I have some ideas,..
Its kind of western, (or it used to be)
so maybe some more western style stuff would be cool..
.. Sombreros and Ponchos
.. Sheriff Clothes
.. Holsters (as an accesory)
.. Saloon type doors
.. Western weapons
.. Jail cell walls and doors
.. Western bandit, Lawmen, Posse factions??
.. Moustaches
.. Western style dresses
OTHER STUFF (a bit more (complex)
.. Musical instruments that pawns can play songs/Tunes with and it will increase nearby pawns mood for some time??
.. Rideable Horses and tack for them??

Thats if its still gonna be kinda western
Thank you for reading

Barackpr0sama

Incense Sticks - gives temporary mood boost to pawns in the room

Barackpr0sama

And please let me set the quality of food for prisoners (like with medical care).

giannikampa

Balance:

make EMP stun on mechanoids last longer and/or adaptation occur later: i'm really struggling in my 1.5 millions whealth, 28 years old colony, randy some challenge, at surviving the 90-100 mechs that spawn from a poison ship in my garden.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

ZombT

Spice of life:
When caravans visit your colony, muffalo should stay near your base (outside) while the traders are inside, they should also be on some sort of lead attached to a post and be able to roam in a small radius around the post, the traders should periodically go outside and tend to the muffalo (action could say "tending muffalo" or something similar), it's a bit unrealistic for a large pack animal (wait... why do muffalo only weigh 140kg/300lbs? compared to a buffalo which weighs 600kg/1300lbs, there must have been some extreme evolutional divergence for muffalo to weigh only 1/4 of it's ancestor) to be wandering around inside of your base while you go about your business.

Alerter

Penoxycyline in it's current state is just too bad. I don't see any reason to invest anything in production of that drug. Can you make it boost immunity against all possible diseases/infections as long as pawn consuming it? (just like effect from luciferium)

Evelyn

I don't know about you but I always make penoxycycline - Malaria and the Plague are game-enders.

Chicken Plucker

Wheelchairs:

Pawns who can no longer walk, or have a shattered pelvis shouldn't be a vegetable forced to eat in bed until the day they get euthanized, if they have functioning upper body strength, a wheelchair system would allow that colonist to be able to move or still do things

Alerter

Quote from: Evelyn on March 27, 2018, 09:07:08 PM
I don't know about you but I always make penoxycycline - Malaria and the Plague are game-enders.
So you actually regularly feeding every single pawn of yours with penoxycyline to avoid diseases, which can be cured without it? Questionable.
I see only one reason to make it: lack of hospital beds/vital monitors during early game. And then again: why would you spend resources during early game? To prevent something that may not happen? In my opinion, this drug has very little value compare to others.

Revshawn

Game Balance

Nerf to dirt ugliness. Dirt gathers on the floor of your rooms literally all the time to the tune of several tiles a day. Each tile grants -15 uglyness to your room. For comparison, it takes 15 tiles of good flooring to make up a single tile. Bit too much imo! Makes it almost impossible to get the positive mood buffs for having a good room unless you manually clean your colonists room before you go to bed every time. Even then, you usually get 1-2 tiles of dirt to pop up before your colonist wakes up. Annoying! The dirt production needs to be nerfed to the ground or uglyness malus reduced to like -1 or -3 because there's no counter for it unless your colonists have nothing else to do and finish cleaning your entire base.