Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Injured Muffalo

I searched and this gets mentioned about once every year or 1.5 years. Seems unpopular  ;D

I suggest diagonal scrolling. Also maybe to be able to adjust the interval of a cursor reaching the screen edge to scrolling.

Also, (mentioned by a guy in 2016) making benches relocatable. I'm tired of deconstructing my stonecutter's table so that I can build something else there, and then needing to copy all the orders all over again. It's not fun at all.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.

Op6uTa

Сделайте что бы у каждого игрока был свой персонаж, которым они будут играть лично, только одним своим персом.Добавьте транспорт, караваны с повозками и т.д. Добавьте гидроэлектростанцию, ядерную энергию. Сделайте чтобы можно было делать шахты, а не только буром добывать. Спасибо за внимание.
Make each player have his own character, which they will play personally, only with one of his Persians. Add transport, caravans with wagons, etc. Add a hydroelectric power station, nuclear power. Make that you can make mines, and not just dig a bit. Thank you for attention.

crystal6tak

Allow crafting of healer mech serum using luciferium, advanced components, and glitterworld med?

I don't think allowing this recipe will be too overpowered given:
-It give a reason to not burn luciferium immediately upon getting some, but instead to collect them to craft the mech serum but risk colonist using the drug.
-Bionic limbs can be bought anyways and provide bonus stats (I expect the total ingredients to cost much more than a bionic limb).
-Glitterworld meds and luciferium are hard to come by (especially luciferium).
-Requiring advanced components means this recipe will generally be used in late game, so it won't be a tool the player can exploit.
-Give another use for advanced components, other than building the ship.
-Fits the lore since both luciferium and healer mech serum is mechanite based.

I'd like to see this recipe added as acquiring a mech serum seems to be annoyingly difficult as it only spawns by quest. Luciferium on the other hand is rare, but will definitely be encountered since there's so many ways to get them.

In my late games where my colony is thriving, I will have come across many luciferium but no healer mech serum quest (I've gotten 3 techprof core quest in a row when I've long completed all the research...). So I'd like it if there was more ways to acquire these mech serum.

Demonlord091

Restore the "Repair" work checkbox to the work tab. It would make everyone who uses the blasted game happier and it would take little time to restore the code that was there before.

Change the name of "Phoebe Chillax" back to "Phoebe Friendly". Do I even need to give a reason for this one?

For that matter, do Tynan and company even look at these anymore?

Kirby23590

Quote from: Demonlord091 on May 24, 2018, 12:11:35 AM
Restore the "Repair" work checkbox to the work tab.

+1 I wish that exists too and didn't realize that it existed back in earlier alphas. It would help construction builders and designated repairers since i need my level 10 construction builder to build that turret or finish up the freezer not repair the heavily damaged buildings.

It will also be nice to see Doctors and Wardens not needing to be sent to give food to patients and prisoners. There should a another job for that. (Delivery?) And also separating Cooks and Butchers too wheres Cooks cook food while butchers butcher meat. I mean we already have work tabs separating Smiths, Tailors and Crafters.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Demonlord091

Quote from: Kirby23590 on May 24, 2018, 05:17:42 AM
Quote from: Demonlord091 on May 24, 2018, 12:11:35 AM
Restore the "Repair" work checkbox to the work tab.

+1 I wish that exists too and didn't realize that it existed back in earlier alphas. It would help construction builders and designated repairers since i need my level 10 construction builder to build that turret or finish up the freezer not repair the heavily damaged buildings.

It will also be nice to see Doctors and Wardens not needing to be sent to give food to patients and prisoners. There should a another job for that. (Delivery?) And also separating Cooks and Butchers too wheres Cooks cook food while butchers butcher meat. I mean we already have work tabs separating Smiths, Tailors and Crafters.

I like your ideas. They sound like good additions to the game. Now if the devs would only look at this stuff maybe we'd get somewhere.

DrAtrocity

Enhanced Stockpile Management for Improved Functionality and Ease of Use
Having a settable limit to the number of a given kind of item in an individual stockpile to be below the maximum (if you so desire), as well as tool to control how low a stock pile has to be before it is restocked would be extremely useful and seemingly easy to implement.

This seems fixable by simply adding a +/- option next to the item lists on stockpiles denoting max number for that time, and then having a "Restock at (X amount) " option attached to each item (preferred), or at the least to the priority tab (thus applying to the stockpile as a whole). Or perhaps something more elegant I haven't thought of. 

Similar highly useful functionalities are in the Steam workshop mod "Better Workbench Management" created by the user falconne.  I feel like these stockpile manager customizations and features of the Better Workbench mod should be part of the base game as none of these changes would affect game balance or content, but do increase customization, allow better base automation/control, and provide fixes that minimize headaches that come up with regular gameplay in vanilla version.

DrAtrocity

The following are in game examples of why these would be huge QoL improvements:

1) Reason for individual adjustable max values for specific items in stockpiles
I have a drug lab bench where I want to make medicine. I would like to keep small stores of herbal med, neutroamine, and cloth close at hand to the bench without these being the main storage place for these items. Currently, I have to micromanage pawns and the stockpile priority setting to get a certain amount of these items to their 3 separate areas next to the workbench, or else my hospital stockpile of herbal meds on the other end of my base will end up completey empty.

2) Reason for adjustable minimum values before stockpile will trigger haul job to replenish
Currently, even a single square stockpile set to higher priority (like the 10 meal stacks in vanilla) gets hauling jobs assigned to it to be refilled from a larger, lower priority stockpile every time someone pulls a meal out, creating lots of low efficiency jobs and tying up lots of haulers. I definitely want meals in my kitchen/dining room, but if there are only 5 there rather than 9 I'm ok with that, and if someone is going to be making a trip from my freezer to restock this pile, I'd much rather be able to customize it so they wait until they can carry 5+ together to it instead of there ultimately being 5 separate potential trips generated. 

These two small changes would seem to allow players to easily either more tightly or loosely control "critical" stacks without changing the inherent way that pawns create or prioritize jobs.

GuesUserNameGUN

Quote from: giannikampa on May 15, 2018, 06:40:23 AM
Add rural farms in the world map: they are preferibly generated few squares around big cities. You can trade with them, they sell and buy hay, vegetables, milk and farm animals in small numbers.
If you raid them they are very small camps, have very few population, very low armored and no defences (maybe dogs that go manhunt as soon as farmers flee), you'll find growing fields of hay you have a chance to harvest depending on the season, plus some cows you can try to tame before forced to leave the map. Of course their faction will hate you same way as you raided a standard city. Your raid may trigger a "friendlies" event against you.

Other than you going to trade to them, a trader encounter/visit to your base may happen, it is a farmer selling hay, farm animals and their products.

You may want to remove farm animals from being sold by regular traders, especially standard cities, because you can find those sold by the rural encampments.

A specific event called "infestation to neighbour's farm" may happen: you are called to came in aid to one of theese friendly farms nearby and you'll find an insect infestation you have to eradicate. If you don't the settlement will be destroyed in 2 quadrums.

Cold biomes may have muffalos instead of cows. Hot biomes could have dromedaries.

(Not cheap enough for this tread?)
I love this idea actually. Sending some pawns to go for a trip to the local farmers market sounds great. I'd like to see specialized ones too, such as breeders or farmers that only grow rarer resources like devilstrand.

O Negative

Make filth inherit from ThingWithComps instead of just Thing, so that modders can more easily make filth that glows and stuff ;D

bondvt04

Hi! First of all, sorry for a long text, I decided to provide some examples and arguments. Three simple things, bored me FOR YEARS:

1) Make that colonist finish a job.
Example: after finishing a wall around my crops, colonists builded a roof above my crops. I ask one of colonists to remove that roof before go sleep, but he remove only one section and go to sleep immediately. So I have to bull him into every particular section, until job is finished. Veeeery annoying stuff I would say. The same thing about conduits. Probably about cleaning (it seems it is fixed atm, not sure).

So, my suggestion is: after clicking with right mouse button on that section, show additional option "prioritize to do amount of work" and select any amount of sections, you want to be finished :)

Now, to work around this, I do one of:
- bull colonist for construct every section. Each time. He do that section and go home. I click him again. He returns. Do 45 times.
- set restictions to work all the day and probably create zone for that work and assign colonist to it. Btw, this workaround can be replaced (improved) with #2:

2) Temporary "Work" options.
My suggestion is add to "Work" section tabs with layouts (better per colonist). Selected tab is used one, while other are disabled. Example of tabs list:
- main profession
- hunt
- mine
- harvest

https://prnt.sc/jn6zae
Use cases: say, there are cold snap and we have to harvest everything quickly, to prevent crops die senselessly. So we select tab "harvest" and all colonists change their duties to cut plants. After work is done, we select "main profession" tab back, so colonists continue with their common duties. Other case - build a wall/killbox/etc quickly. Mine a new room asap (say, you capture a new prisoner and have no room for him). Low food? Change to "hunt" tab, get things done and change tab back.

Right now, for such a tasks (too frequent ones I would say) I have to remember which numbers that colonists had before changing, than set everyone's (or almost everyone's) plant cut to 1, do the job (harvest dying crops) and then try to remember original numbers to get things as it were before.

I would say, better to have tabs per colonist (often we don't want to change duties for everyone, but for most of colonists).
https://prnt.sc/jn7gaq

Of course, users themself create and configure tabs, as they want.

And yes, #2 is probably pretty hard to implement (I'm programmer, so can imagine some pain), but for consistency I left it here, in this post.

3) That annoying bug, when you set 4 for craft for Ivan and 3/2/1 for other duties, but there are at last a few seconds, when he just finished everything else and go and start new parka,
taking a lot of resources. After a minute, he realized, that there are a lot of more important work (3/2/1), so he abandon that parka forever. Or colonist can simply die. Or dunno what else.

How I work around this:
- I see unfinised parka, look that author is Ivan and order him to prioritize that parka. Ok. Ivan make parka until die (joke) or until morning. Then I order him draft/undraft (so he reset
his duty), he go to sleep and I have to wait until he wake up, get some food and then I prioritize him to continue that parka. 2 drawbacks: I have to manage this manually, too manually (watch that
colonist until he is ready for the next sprint) and I can simply loose that moment when this colonist finish that parka and, pam-pam-pam, START A NEW ONE! :D
- limit "parkas" bill by "Allow crafting skill". Drawbacks: I have a lot of cases when I have something more important for my 10skill colonist, but nothing to do for my 7skill colonist with 2burns
(quick learn). And I don't want to disable crafing completaly for that 10skill colonist, cos when he have nothing else to do, he can go and cut some stones.

Long story short, my suggestion is - let every colonist work with that parka. Let quality will be calculated as average (with considering of amount of contribution of every colonist). Let author will
be colonist with biggest contribution. Seriously, this is better than annoying partially started (and never finished) chunks of parkas, skulptures etc. This bug (yep, I call this feature a "bug" ;) ) annoy people (at least one man) for years

P.S. Yep, I know about mods, but it is often a pain to find that particular mods and I believe this pain is for many many people, cos this 3 bugs are pretty obvious and frequent. So I believe do this things "by default" (in vanilla) is a good thing to do. Thanks for your time!

Corn von Holio

The social tab.

Currently, this affects almost exclusively the player colonists. When raiders enter, they have no social relations with each other. These are people who have traveled for at least a couple of days together, wouldn't it make sense to have had some conversations and insults? This could have interesting effects on raids and recruiting. From having a social fight break out between raiders, to having problems recruiting someone because you killed their friend.

The mood tab also seems a bit sparse. Just adding some small aspect of rng on the mood could go far in making raiders seem less like people who come out of the bushes screaming "Me raider, me raid base"

This could also be copied over to traders and similar. Just think of how fun it would be to have a trader pyromaniac do his thing!
I am not corrupt, just willing to consider other solutions given adequate amounts of TP.

FuriouslyEloquent

If you could please make the MainTabWindow_Inspect.PaneTopY property either virtual, or attribute the getter with [MethodImpl(MethodImplOptions.NoInlining)].

I was attempting to fix some bugs in Zone Inspect Data including some minor visual UI stuff, however I could not override the PaneTopY property with harmony as it was being inlined, which can only be fixed on your end. I would prefer making the method virtual, but either would suit the task. Thanks.
Someone should be cropping their images ... but I'm not

gurrenxpower

so my colonist died while in a caravan on a tile right next to another colony, meaning I cant temporarily settle and bury her. its making my colonist upset and it wont go away. please give this mood debuff and expiration date, even if it is a whole year

Kirby23590

Allow colonists and pawn to build & deconstruct packed dirt paths.

Sometimes i want to build dirt paths connecting to my colony and houses for it being to cheap make but takes a long while to build to balance it out.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.