Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vkusnyjchaj

These improvements are cheap to implement:

Hide electricity wire if it is placed on the "door" cell. Now it looks ugly, if wires just lay on the floor.

It would be nice to have a character that have a some chance to get up after faint without any help. It could be a character feature in the character choose menu. Now you haven't any chance to continue the game if all of characters are unconscious and you just watch your game over.

Rulin

I could really need an increased zone limit. I don't want to change certain animal zones all the time during the different events like raids, bug attack, poisionous rain etc...

Playing 1.0 unstable atm.

Because gras is such a rare resource, once you start breeding different animal herds, I have to seperate them across the map.

Some examples:

1. I keep chickens inside, mostly because they are super fragile and it makes egg collecting manageable.

2. Clean animals like dogs and cats get an extra zone inside my walls, they are allowed to wander inside most of the rooms, but just not near drugs and most of the food.

3. Pigs and chinchillas wander inside my walls to be safe.

4. Muffallos, Alpakas and boars are allowed outside, but still near the base.

5. Rooster has a seperate area, so he doesn't fertilize the eggs all the time.

6. I have an area dedicated for slaughtering.

7. I also tend to have an area for wounded animals when I want them to be treated in a clean environment.

8. Homezone

9. Roofed zone during poisonous rain.

10. One or two secure areas during raids, often used for pacifists or medics. Sometimes I build bunker like structures for this.

11. One or two temperature controlled zones for animals can be quite hand during heatwaves/coldsnaps.

12. A dynamic zone I used to have to direct my combat animals during mech attacks or raids.

13. Outcast: Animal (or colonist) that is not allowed inside the colony.

14. Hermit: In case I want to seperate certain colonists permanently from another.

Namsan

Blind pawns (i.e missing both eyes) should get "Darkness" mood debuff permanently.
Because they can't see things, they can only see darkness.
Hello

Rulin

Gold should not have a -4 beauty effect, when stored on the ground.
I suggest to make it an exception and give it a positive effect.

Maybe Silver and Jade neutral.

Trallhatt

I've never heard any sound; "Bing!", "wooosh!" (whatever!) or a notification when a new Level is reached.

I think this would be really great. I always find this to be very pleasing in RPG's. I know you can see your colonists level, but i'm horribly bad at remembering what level they are at, so when they level up this joy is somewhat lost to me as a player.

Adamiks

Cleaning skill
Cleaning traits - Basically they love/hate cleaning

Raids with animals - You thought you're the only one with an army of squirrels? Think again. And a raid with boomalopes could be fun if done properly (so they attempt to suicide bomb, rather than just walk around the raiders and make it easy for you to kill em all)

Fake recruits - I find it dumb that you can just recruit someone and they magically hold no grudge against you, after you made them eat their comrades and removed half of their organs. Add some incidents such as attempting to free other prisoners, assaulting one of your other colonists, sabotaging important buildings, escaping from the map, etc up to few hours/days since recruitment.

Hauling/Cleaning robots - Little bots that you can buy from traders

Crossbow - Bigger range, more damage, slower reload than the Greatbow
Sunglasses - Just to make your coolest colonist look even cooler
Computer - We have tube televisions, so what about a simple personal desktop, just so colonists can play Rimworld inside Rimworld
Paintings/Murals/Wall sculpting - Art on walls/floors
Ice - Igloos from ice on snowy biomes, ice sculpting, ice-cream?
Catapult/Trebuchet/Balista - Considering the newly added steel armour, more medieval stuff would be nice.

Kimoshnikov

Hello Tynan! Here's some cheapies for ya.

1:  Steel walls are currently flammable. I assume this is a bug.

2:  Have sandbags be crafted from leather/cloth types instead of steel, for sake of immersion. Makes them a bit cheaper, but so what?

3:  Disassembly of deadman's (or other) clothes into bits of their material (Tailor station task).  Helps with early game sandbags!

4:  Some way to remove mountain bits / thick roofs.  (Unless this is already possible and I'm just an idiot)

5: This one may be less cheap.  Random breakdowns have always felt more punishing than challenging.  Perhaps if all machine types had a quality level, where higher quality machines rarely had a breakdown, this would make it more fun, as I could make a goal out of getting high quality machines.

5.1: The "Zzzzzt" event bugs a lot of people. Perhaps quality level of batteries could reduce the likelihood?  My friend would like to see a breaker box added, but that may not be as cheap.

Thank you for your consideration and all your hard work!  This game is a gem.

Kuranu

A number in the animals panel that would show the total number of animals you have at the moment.

Grimelord82

Tynan (and modders), thank you for 800+ hours of amazingness.

You know what I've never seen? Re-balance some/all growing plants so that their in ground nutrition is scaled to their harvested nutrition.
Right now in the base game the best way to feed all herbivores with the least work is planting vast fields of rice. I have to actively keep them out of my hay so I can make kibble or store it. That's easy enough, but it would be really cool if I could just let my alpaca and muffalo graze the hay too.

Ex.
1) Rice is the baseline. In ground nutrition peaks at .2 while harvested nutrition can yield anywhere between .2 and .3 total (4-6 rice). This is fine for anything with body size .5 or below, like chickens. One chicken eats one rice patch, and it's a bit lossy on nutrition. Anything larger is CONSTANTLY half full or less.
2) Corn in ground nutrition is the same as Rice, but it harvests for .7-.8 (14-16) and takes "7" days to grow. Bump in ground nutrition up to .5, and it almost makes sense to let animals graze on it.
3) Hay in ground nutrition is the same as Rice/grass, but harvests for 1.15-1.25 (23-25). A patch of Hay takes "11" days to grow and should fill up animals that are sizable even if you don't have time to harvest it.

This change would give the crops utility while still in the ground, if all my growers are incapacitated and I have animals to feed.

I know it's already done with mods, but pretty, plantable grass would be nice in game as well.

P.S. I just realized I could use a Nutrient Dispenser as a winter deer feeder, or to fill the above requirements somewhat.

Trallhatt

Tainted clothing is timed + higher debuff when its still tainted.

This way it's 1) not useless to save it. 2) still something that is somewhat costly for the player, saving every tainted cloth will take up a lot of space..  3) makes a little bit of sense, removing clothing from a corpse directly putting it on might be quite discomforting but over time (2 seasons?) you forget who it even was, what he/she looked like and maybe you don't care.. tainted clothing should be normal quality or lower (maybe it is, haven't really checked).

Deemel

I really like to use the scenario editor tool, its a fun way to play around with the game, but I think it would make it much better if there was a specific targeting for the stat multiplier, like the forced trait, where you can force sanguine on starting pawns, & volatile on non-starting pawns

some examples of this:
non-starting pawns: 75% movement speed, 125% melee damage.
starting pawns: 25% immunity gain.
Now you have a zombie-like scenario!

Onchalk

Losing something like your liver wouldn't just kill you instantly. Instead creates toxic buildup over time since your liver cleans toxins out of your blood.

Losing your stomach causes malnutrition until you starve to death instead of instant death as well.

Lungs > Can't breath. I know this would be a harder to implement.

Kidney's would be something similar to liver but I don't know exact differences of organs.

etc.

Inspiration from Death Rattle mod.

Klomster

Onchalk.

I don't know how it happened, but i had 2 colonists in one game where both lost their stomachs and one of them lost his mouth on top of it.

They had a really hard time eating (wonder why) had like 90% penalty or something.

I dunno if that was a bug or if it is just a very low chance to survive that wound, but as i know it, one can survive lost stomach.

Rulin

I'd like to see a better way to navigate through the resource menu. The active link area currently is too small imo.
Most of the time when I hover over the small arrows (red in screenshot) I am unintentionally moving the whole screen, because I get too close to the border.

Why not use the whole item category row (green in screenshot) to expand the menu instead of just the arrow? It already seems to know when you are hovering with your mouse, but it does not react when you click on it.

[attachment deleted due to age]

kingy10005

what about bad guys that are made to explode that get close then KaBOOM as a last ditch effort ? :D