Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EsteeNinja

I think you should change that colonist dislike other colonists that have scars, i think that peoples are rather neutral about scars. However colonists still should dislike other with major body deformations, like amputated arm or leg. That would me great and i think cheap

kingy10005

just thought friendly fire needs a button so can be switched on and off when drafted its a 100 % thing thats needed to stop you people killing others when they dont need to risk it  :'(

5thHorseman

Horseshoes Pin Direction Indicator. Maybe also with a marker for where the pawns will stand when playing.

From what I can tell, they always stand above (North?) of the pin and throw down (South) and I'd really like to set up 2 pins that they can throw at back and forth. I know they actually won't but I can pretend. Like how I pretend they're playing chess even though only one person sits there at a time :D
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

cactusmeat

-Animal skin rugs.
requires art 4, crafting 3 to make.
don't even need all of them, just bear, polar bear, megasloth, thrumbo. the others would be smaller anyway.

-make body parts require refrigeration and only last 1 week. it would be logical.

-cheese from milk at cooking stations, eating cheese could be a luxury food, worse than chocolate, sold more often by traders.

iPwn

One day far in the future, adventure mode like in dwarf fortress.

Improved town infrastructure, with crops being farmed and stuff being crafted.
Just visiting your allies fort would be fun. Maybe being able to make your base on the same map?

Would be a huge gamechanger.

AileTheAlien

Speaking of refrigeration - how about some foods get a stat called "freezer damage" applied to them if they're frozen instead of just refrigerated? Would give people a reason to have a fridge instead of just a freezer. Should be simple to put in - the game already detects when food is frozen or in a fridge, and applies slowed decay or removes decay; This would just add a flag, similar to the Tainted/Dead-Man's-Clothes flag. :)

bondvt04

Hi. Probably quick to do, but making lot fixing: please make available deconstructing floor UNDER walls. My use case: I like to deconstruct forgotten buildings, especially builded from steel. But atm you have to deconstract walls first and then you have to order to deconstruct floor under it. https://prnt.sc/k151mx

UPD. Also it would be convenient to have ability to deconstruct power conduits only. ATM it is pain to change old conduits layot. I found addon for it, but imo it is must have in vanilla :) http://prntscr.com/k152k8

cactusmeat

new animals:
alligators unique to tropical swamps
penguins and narwhals on sea ice

cactusmeat

add icons of the full grown plant to the planting menu, each item on machining table, tailor bench, etc.

AileTheAlien

Seals on arctic ice too - I want to hunt their blubber to feed my eskimo tribe! :S

MikeLemmer

I want coonskin caps: cold-weather headgear that isn't as effective as tuques, but can be made from leather.

MerlinEngine

Hello, I would first like to thank you for all of your work on the game. I have taken to playing the unstable version of 1.00, and so far, I have been having a lot of fun with it.

One small change that I can think about is a change to the way characters path their movements. I built a sort of redoubt around a small hill, digging some prison cells into it and surrounding it with a double layer of sandbags. It has worked well in combat thus far, but I have noticed that my character prefer to go over the sandbags to enter the defensive works, instead of using the tunnels I built for that purpose. I am not sure if their choice is actually faster then going around, but the other method is safer for them and lets them retreat into the hill quickly if an enemy starts throwing explosives. Other changes I imagine would not be too difficult to introduce would be more security measures, maybe firing points from inside buildings, and some obstacles like those you described in the first post.

AileTheAlien

Quote from: MikeLemmer on June 30, 2018, 03:27:50 PM
I want coonskin caps: cold-weather headgear that isn't as effective as tuques, but can be made from leather.
If anything, the Davey Crockett-style cap should be more effective in cold weather, but require a lot of leather (balance / hand-wave that it's selecting the choicest bits of warm fur from the animal skins). Heavier, though, so you can't have a trade caravan loaded up with them. :)

MerlinEngine

A fairly simple addition that would save me a lot of trouble would be the option to command a few characters to put out fires no matter if they are inside the home area or beyond it. I really like having my forests intact but making all of them home territory is rather silly. Nonetheless, I have to expand and retract my home territory during every forest fire to preserve these forests. It's the wood really, you can't get the wood you know, simply can't get it.

Ukas

There are other types of clothing, but only pants for below the waist. Why not shorts, cost effective pants for heat waves. Pants cost 50 pieces of clothing to craft, maybe shorts could cost something like 30.