Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

absentminded

Quote from: StorymasterQ on June 16, 2014, 08:09:06 PM
Quote from: billerinstinct on June 16, 2014, 06:11:34 AM
Darker nights would be nice.

Darker nights would be awesome. It would give such an eerie feeling to not know what goes in the deep dark corners of the map, or even in the corners of your own base, forcing you to put lights everywhere.

Especially in the early game when the lights go out over night until the solar panels come up again in the morning.
It'd be brilliant.

fatwilf

I think it would be really useful to have power stats.

POWER BEING PRODUCED
POWER BEING USED

maybe even on a sliding bar so we know how much power we've got and when we're about to run out.

HeadWar

When trading, it would be good if prices were handled with decimals, so that the social skill of the colonist actually had an effect on the cheaper things, such as wood and potatoes.

I'd suggest rounding fractions in the traders favour when it comes to actually sending/taking silver from the surface, to make sure you can't abuse the rounding by selling items one at a time.

ITypedThis

I don't if this has been suggested yet, but what about a "hold-fire" command for colonists?

Quote from: Tynan on October 09, 2013, 12:38:08 AM
New kinds of behaviors are really expensive.

I know that Tynan has said this, but isn't there already a system not too unlike this already?

It could be toggled on and off like drafting, could default to off, and could be reset after being drafted/undrafted.

s22190

Whaddabout a technology that lets you develop a radar system with a countdown to the next Assault on your Colony ?

Splinterbee

Video games, are pretty good

DeltaV

Craft wood into a plank weapon, do double melee damage but can't hold a gun at the same time (Slower movement speed?). Would also hit everyone in the three tiles in front of the character, good for tribe zerg rushes the the like.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

ApexPredator

I think it would be nice if there was a toggle on tree farms that allowed you to set auto harvest. As it is now if I don't keep track of them the trees die and need to be replanted wasting 20+ days of growth.

muffins

Spike traps. A simple copy of sandbags, but without the cover, so that the great mass of sandbags that people put at their  base entrance to slow down raiders looks less like an exploit.

This could be the place holder graphic >  ;D

milon

You know how the 'Table needs chairs' alert shows up right after you build a table?  I suggest that it should not go away unless the chair is facing the table.  That, or make them auto-orienting (aka, swivel) as someone else suggested.

mrofa

Quote from: milon on June 24, 2014, 01:12:48 PM
You know how the 'Table needs chairs' alert shows up right after you build a table?  I suggest that it should not go away unless the chair is facing the table.  That, or make them auto-orienting (aka, swivel) as someone else suggested.
I suggest that this text should be toggable since its annoying at some point
All i do is clutter all around.

kilolima

Cheap ideas:

1. Log of game messages/events to external text file to easily share game stories/AARs. Generate a basic status report daily of colonists, supplies, weather, etc.
2. Sleepwalking colonists.
3. Raiders slaughter wildlife herds, like Buffalo Bill, or off-worlder hunting trips.
4. Snakes.
5. Ghosts of dead colonists appear occasionally wandering around at night near their graves or old bedrooms, scare colonists for happiness hit. Haunted rooms penalty.

Opie

Echoing a few suggestions....

lockable doors
the ability to see numerical values on the colony member screen within the skill boxes
sortable colony member page to make manual tasking easier

battle formations?  not sure how easy this is to add as I'm not a coder but many games obviously have it and
have worked out how it is done .... maybe some other code is available for reference

Opie

loaded games starting in the paused mode

sexualjesus

The ability to prioritize cooking, currently if i have two bills, in any order, cooks will randomly choose, i have a 3 star chef and a 10 star chef so my stove needs to have two bills, one for fine, and one for simple, then my 10 star chef gets lazy and cooks a simple meal instead of a fine.

Alternatively scrap the the bill, and just make it so the chefs will cook the best meal they can possibly cook, this way my 3 star chef who is can't do anything bar research and cook, can actually acheive something without my 10 star chef creating bad food.