Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman666

Can UI changes be considered as somewhat fast to accomplish? Like changing growzones and bills from drop down lists to scrollbar list with checkboxes, that doesn't scale down font size? If not, i ll delete this post. Dubbed it in suggestions thread.

Tyen I want kids from ya

Can we get a growing zone feature to be placed on the sand tiles, so  we can grow cactuses for the greater good! Also would be nice if cactus could possibly deal some damage to person who stands on cactus tile.

AileTheAlien

You can grow cactuses on normal soil / zones already. :)

5thHorseman

Quote from: AileTheAlien on July 19, 2018, 08:24:19 PM

Not in a desert you can't.

Well, you can, but those tiles are far too precious for cacti.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Sirsir

Put refueling and rearming traps into Basic, they are usually more important than your average haul job

Quote from: AileTheAlien on July 19, 2018, 08:24:19 PM

He meant on SAND, not soil

Bolgfred

New dialogue option for visiting traders. Next to trade, the player can send them away, if there is any need for this, like a raid/hazard/predator.
As ordered the caravan will leave the map immediately in the advised direction.

Could look llike this:

-Trade with .. from ..
-Ask to leave N
-Ask to leave S
-Ask to leave W
-Ask to leave E

"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

Sirsir

Make large sprites (muff, bears, centipedes) appear on a lower layer than the things around them, so you can see your stockpiles clearer

Zombull

A setting that makes the game speed up to 4x when all colonists are sleeping or downed.

So the player has to spend less time twiddling and staring at floating Zs.

As soon as a pawn wakes up or something important happens (red or yellow letter) the game snaps back to the speed the player had it set at.

roben

Being able to create and select colonist groups would be a huge QoL improvement. This way you can select your militia quickly and don't have to filter out those nasty pacifists every time a raider comes by.

This https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=704181221 already implements it, but sadly it needs a fresh game and adds other stuff to the vanilla game that's not really related. And it currently does not work with 1.0 ;)

cactusmeat

Don't know if it has been suggested: Commando raid. spend all available raid points on one person.

Lonely Rogue

Can you make solar panels rotatable, please?
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

spaceage

Quote from: DDawgSierra on July 21, 2018, 09:12:59 PM
Can you make solar panels rotatable, please?

+ uninstallable/re-installable

spaceage

Buried conduit -- more work to make, more hitpoints. Kinda sucks setting up defense turrets that are rendered useless in a minute due to a lucky "miss" that hits my conduit.

AileTheAlien

The "no batteries" message shouldn't show up until you've researched batteries. :)

EDIT:
Hmm...maybe the message should change to "research batteries" instead...

Klomster

Add "Also known as Xeregium,"   and  "Also known as Megatherium," or similar to healroot and megasloth.
Since i liked those names for them. And was confused as to where Xeregium went when it changed, leaving me to believe it was removed from the game a while before i found it again.

While healroot is a much better name for beginners, i think the real name should be in for the old timers.