Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klomster

YES, that last one. +1

I mean come on, i want to see his wounds so i know what to operate.

scorlew

Architect:Plans

A few (4 to 8) color options for the squares would be extremely helpful in differentiating plans for building, excavating, not excavating this one square.  I put my white squares down and then forget what I meant by the time I get back to them.  Color coded plans would be more informative at a glance.

This shouldn't even take four hours to implement, but what do I know?
Send lawyers, guns and money. 
                           -WZ

bobucles

Make autodoors cost one component. Two components are far too expensive for the rather minor benefit that an autodoor brings.

If an autodoor is destroyed the components are lost and a lot of doors will break down frequently. So there's plenty of reason to not use too many of them.

AileTheAlien

1. The Ranger Child backstory shouldn't disable plant-cutting. Firefighting and growing might make sense, since you wouldn't need to grow plants in a forest, and you wouldn't try to fight a forest-fire. But plant-cutting makes no sense at all.

2. Transhumanist and body purist pawns should also count implants, not just bionic body parts. :)

atagar

Hi Tynan, congrats on the upcoming 1.0 release! I'm relatively new to Rimworld but hope you continue expanding the game after the 1.0 release. Maybe Patreon or expansion packs? If you find a way of making it financially viable to continue development I'd love to chip in.

Just throwing out some ideas. Feel free to disregard, clearly you have a ton on your plate. ;P

* Maybe let hydroponics grow haygrass? In extreme temperature biomes wood and haygrass are tough to come by. I understand disallowing trees in hydroponics (though that would be nice too) but permitting haygrass would be helpful for kibble.

* Rather than simply negating cabin fever maybe it would be interesting for the new Tunneler trait to do the inverse? That is to say, impose a mood penalty when outside but give a small stacking bonus for contiguous time indoors. This makes for interesting decisions like "do I sacrifice George's mood bonus to send him off to fight the poison ship or keep him back?".

* Furniture idea: shooting range target and fighting dummy to train shooting and melee?

* Allow animals to be assigned food restrictions. For instance, 'allowed to eat potatoes and kibble, but not meals'.

* Disallow infestations to spawn near pawns? Once I had a hive pop up right beside a sleeping pawn. I'm all for dangers, but that made for a pretty inescapable death.

* Option to wake animals up (maybe a pawn action, similar to toggle for electronics?). Two situations where this came up was an animal that slowly died of hypothermia sleeping outside, and an animal napping as a raid came.

Animals can be awoken if you deconstruct an animal sleeping spot they're in, but if you forget to make those in advance bad things can happen...

* Option to disable automatic undrafting. It's annoying while positioning my pawns only to have them get bored and wander off. ;P

Cheers! -Damian

Adsixnine

Klomster

Animals should have fear towards fire.

The same way colonists flee from danger when flee is turned on for them.
It's a bit silly if there's a massive forest fire, but some deer decided "meh, this is a good place to sleep." surrounded by fire.

thuban

- Upgrade doors to autodoors (instead of deconstructing the normal door then building the autodoor)

AileTheAlien

Pro-tip: if you need a wall of text to describe your ideas, they don't belong in this thread!

bobucles

QuoteOption to wake animals up
Shoot the ground around them. Or shoot them directly. Wakes 'em up every time. ;)

bobucles

Make pawns gain recreation for the full duration of playing billiards. Currently walking around the pool table doesn't count as "fun", so the pool table only ends up being half as good as the description says. And if a pawn has slow walking, they'll get even less benefit.

AileTheAlien

Bring back the giant meat-cube graphics from yesterday's build! Not all meat needs to look like steaks! Some (especially from big animals like elephants) should look like huge slabs of animal! :)

DariusWolfe

Quote from: bobucles on July 28, 2018, 07:03:47 AM
Make pawns gain recreation for the full duration of playing billiards. Currently walking around the pool table doesn't count as "fun", so the pool table only ends up being half as good as the description says. And if a pawn has slow walking, they'll get even less benefit.

This sounds like it might be worthy of a bug report, because that doesn't sound like intended behavior.

starkov11

Hello! I want to offer some cheap ideas.
1) I propose to introduce a function for creating a planting area of plants only on fertile soils. That is, when planting a player, the player presses the "Plant only on fertile soils" button and the player does not have to allocate each cell to plant the plants on fertile soils.
2) I propose to make the designation for meals pawns, like the designation of medicines, that is, what kind of food (including packaged survival meals, nutrient paste and pemmican) the player has designated for a pawn, this he will eat. This should be done so that pawns are not eaten, for example, the packaged survival meals that were prepared for travel in the caravan.

AileTheAlien

Update the description (and/or UI / placement-hints?) on the Nutrient Paste Dispenser, to say:
- it doesn't give food poisoning
- it can be used as a wall

Actually, any building with the <blockWind>true</blockWind> tag, should probably have some indication of this to the player. I never learned about this, until I was reading about it on the forum, that NPDs and Comms Consoles blocked wind.