Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolgfred

New trait: Survivalist
+Faster caravan movement
+250% berry harvest (should be self sustaining)
+reduced caravan visibility
-Cabin fever if not traveling
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

tarator

I'm sure somebody must have mentioned it, but nevertheless - Caravan requests for a billion of non-stackable items are antifun. I just got one for 66 Tuques...

88 cowboy hats. Come on!

5thHorseman

Quote from: tarator on August 16, 2018, 08:07:57 AM
I'm sure somebody must have mentioned it, but nevertheless - Caravan requests for a billion of non-stackable items are antifun. I just got one for 66 Tuques...
At least they sort cleanly in the item list. Oh sorry I mean, too bad they don't sort cleanly in the item list.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Klomster

Quote from: OFWG on August 15, 2018, 01:49:26 PM
Quote from: rabitibike112 on August 15, 2018, 01:19:34 PM
Cleaning/Cleaner robot.  It could have the AI of a chicken and be in the animals are (thus we can make him stay in some select area) and the ability that instead of making things dirty by walking over them this robot chick makes things clean. Totally doable and everyone would love it

So a reskinned chicken mob with a negative 'dirtiness' factor. The very definition of a cheap idea, I love it.

Dunno if it is a cheap idea.
It'd need a whole new sprite, probably a place it would be crafted (machining table works though) resource values and whatnot.

Although it's not a massive idea, i don't know if it's a cheap idea in lieu of this thread.

Kirby23590

If someone requested a caravan request but they are in range of your transport pods.

You can use the transport pods instead if faction requesting is industrial tech and uses the transport pods. You can use the transport pods instead to deliver the goods to them and they will deliver the Reward via pods, this will give transport pods another use.

Making sense, tribals or factions that are low-tech that don't use transport pods, instead their leader will just say thank you with the appropriate message and will give you Goodwill instead of their Reward dropping in.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Planetfall

Also with the cleaning bot what would it eat and how to tend it? I suppose for a real quick fix it could eat chemfuel but I think a lot of people (me included) would prefer it to tap power the way androids from the androids mod do. Also healing a robot with band aids seems silly. I'd say a crafter should be the one to heal it. Hmm I suppose a way to get around that would be for the bot to "die" in one shot than have a bill that makes a new bot that requires only one component and the "corpse" of a bot.  And/or a self healing version of the bot built by archiotects. But now this isn't so simple anymore.

My point is I do like your idea of a cleaning bot. And i'd like something like it to be stock but I'd want it to be fully fleshed out not cheap.
Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.
_Carl Sagan_

Thom Blair III

The sculpture art statements are funny. If you ever want more material, I've seen this website and it might provide even more fodder for the generator:
https://artybollocks.com
:)
I was surprised to read about Angkor Thom in Cambodia. I looked up what "Thom" means and it's "big" or "great", so my avatar icon is ធំ which is "Thom" in Khmer.

Goldenpotatoes

EMP Grenades affect bionic limbs, with legs having a chance to cause the pawn to fall over and arms having a chance to cause a discharge/wild swing if wielding a weapon. There currently is no real drawback to spamming these ontop of your pawns when dealing with things like mechanoids/shield belt raiders, so having something to think about for your more suited-up pawns would be interesting.

Thom Blair III

Add a "refuel" bill to any fuel burning stations. As it is now, my cooks stop cooking because the stove has no wood even though there are no meals left in storage.
I was surprised to read about Angkor Thom in Cambodia. I looked up what "Thom" means and it's "big" or "great", so my avatar icon is ធំ which is "Thom" in Khmer.

Thom Blair III

Allow multiple people to prioritize working on something.

fieldarchy

having a dresser store up to 10 articles of clothing, at the least.

Bolgfred

Wood shouldn't detoriate outside. Unroofed yes, but not outside.
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

pesco

This should be easy to code in:

Maddened animals staying maddened after rescue!

Got this idea after locking in a downed warg with a prisoner. The beast woke up and they got along well, which is ok... but you could make it a possibility that some wild beasts react unwell to their new surrounding?

I've just bought the game and as it is, I'm playing the crap out of it. Imagine if I could give my colony a battle arena now and then for everyone's enjoyment.  ;D

5thHorseman

Drag-and-drop clothing interface from caravans should be in the game normally. When you exit the screen, it queues up all the orders on your pawns.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Jenyaza01

- lookin' for more than 1x1 tile large vegetables. What about 2x2 bushes, that i can grab some raspberries from, and it didn't disappear, but "make" new berries every few days?