Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giannikampa

ACCIDENTAL BULLET

as long as pawns use ranged weapons as melee, in the fight there should be a chanche that a shot is fired and hits a random point in range.

This belongs to the world in the rim
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

JayratX8

Did anyone one suggest repairing clothing? i just join the community and am not going to read all 300+ suggestions. however i notice i can't figure out if clothing can be repaired? (make more, sell the old) so if you could return the worn out items to the sewing machine to be repaired for the % cost of the materials with a reduction in the over all HP of the item i.e. 100 HP shirt is now repaired and has a new HP level of 95, so eventually the cloths needs to be replaced yet will last longer. also this maybe applied to armor and weapons if the appropriate work bench is available. i would suggest weapon cleaning and jams due to a loss of HP to the weapon maybe even a brake % due to the lack of HP from neglect for melee weapons, but that might be to much.
Take it easy; Take it sleazy, Take it anyway you can. BUT! remember, don't squeeze the Charmin.

Asero

The stars looked down at me from infinite space. We are tiny, they said, but you are insignificant.

The Great Muffalo

Suicide Vest

* Worn by pirates
   * Wearer will attempt to blow through walls or people
   * Explodes when shot at
   * Can be stripped off corpses
"I was chained up, only able to see shadows. They moved, they danced, they were my world. I couldn't turn my head, I couldn't face the light. But as soon as the light hit my face, I pitied those who were still looking at shapes made only of darkness."

AnActualDuck

Pregnant animals should be worth more by 50% of the value of a newborn of that particular animal.

ParticlePigeon

Roombas. Little robots that clean instead of a whole colonist.

invalidusername

My ideas:

I should be able to make pawns do things manually even though they are not assigned to do that kind of work. For example, Greg has brain damage and walks really slow, he does not haul because it takes him forever, but if everybody else is busy and he is nearest to a item that needs to be hauled, I have to go to work-tab, assign him to hauling, make him haul the item, and then I have to remember unassign him again from hauling.

Option to haul item to a specific or nearest stockpile

Priority cleaning zones and why not no-cleaning zones.

Animal starvation is easily ignored. Maybe a letter instead of just the white text?

Cooking should be faster. Running out of meals has always been a problem with my larger colonies. Maybe increase the work speed of electric stove? And yes, I have placed kitchen near the freezer and meal-shelf and there is multiple stoves with people having cooking as their #1 priority.

Temperature filter This should be a vanilla feature. When the filter is on, rooms with normal temperature should stay normal, but the rooms that are warmer or colder than X and Y get tinted blue or red.

Search function for storage window. Plus *Allow human meat and *Allow Insect meat options would be really useful.

Resource readout starts with every tab collapsed This is kinda annoying having to open the ones I want every time I load the game.

Kirmz

Script that alphabetizes your defs

Most thing/recipedef etc are a chopped up mess where none of the data is in the same order or place from one item to the next in the same file. A script that could pick through your mods and re-order the lines and the sub-categories like statbase/ingestible making mods a lot more readable and not such a headache to work on.

Stevil

New character traits: anorexic and bulimic.

AnActualDuck

Animal traders. I'd like to see more animals in trade, an exclusive merchant type for them would be nice. Maybe something like "A farmer from X village is visiting" and they come with a variety of animals and produce to trade.

Krausladen

I think I have a great idea and format that can create an interesting remedy in certain situations.  In my first play through, I had a married man break his jaw.  He couldn't speak so it disables his social skill.  He was quickly divorced.  I also now have a problem where my group is looking for new ways to become entertained.  I could solve both of these problems with a few very simple and unoriginal items.  Keep in mind, the further down you go the less important it is intended to be, except for the core idea : Notes

New Items In Bold ... Low priority additional ideas that are not needed right away in italics.
Crafted from wood: Paper
Raw cut from burned wood: Charred wood
Crafted from wood and charred wood. Writing utensil (colonist pocket item) 500 stack limit, once you have it you never run out. (charred wood obviously leads to black ink..)
new ink ideas / colored varieties from blood, monster blood, flower pedals or misc sources
New item: note // Simply put it adds a new form of communication for colonists.
New item: Art
New item: Schematics
New misc for fabrication bench: Schematic file (drawer)

Note Rules
*Notes are written by colonists to other colonists or relationships, especially in more positive or more negative relationships, and especially used by colonists when speaking or hearing is an issue.
*Notes can be automatically written by a colonist who possesses paper and a utensil at any time, but they will most likely only use it if they have problems speaking or social issues such as bad relationships.
*Notes are automatically exchanged amongst your own colonists.  If it is written to a relationship in another tribe, it is exchanged next time that tribe is traded. It may also be sent in a pod.
*Notes are always picked up from dead bodies whenever a colonist picks up that body.  The note may end up being relevant if it was picked up in a raid.  Its probably simple trash.  Your colonist will discard it automatically if it doesn't have any importance.  But a note obtained from a raid could also start a quest.
*Notes are not be be read by the likes of us, we are not worthy.  They can only be read by the colonists in possession of the notes (for sake of simplicity. I'm not asking for you to write a book for us to read what they're writing.)
*Notes have effective quality determined by a possible new skill: Reading and writing/otherwise intelligence & social.  Awful notes may have a negative mood impact. Legendary notes may have a significant lasting mood impact/may even improve tribe relations or save a marriage.  Maybe it starts the love process.  Who knows! 
***I feel like reading and writing would be important to add, as it is intended to help get around social disabilities like broken jaw, hearing loss.  Injuries that could limit this skill: hand injuries, eye injuries, lack of sleep.  Environmental factors: indoors, lighting, lack of table***
***Notes should be seen as a must.  Humanity has had notes since before recorded history.  There are SO MANY DIRECTIONS AND WAYS that notes could make this game so much more complex from a social structure standpoint.

Krausladen

New work space/bench/misc item: (material?)Toolshed > Stores up to 5-10 hoes, 5-10 sheers, (and less importantly 5-10 baskets)
New items: Hoe (quality?) > plant faster / plants start at 1-10% grown (based on tool quality?)
New items: Sheer (quality?) > harvest faster / yields 1-10% more crop (based on tool quality?)

(less important idea:) New items: Basket (quality?) > carry more crop weight back to stock pile

Add tools to make outdoor farming related tasks go slightly faster and done more effectively.  Colonists will visit the shed before plant cutting of planting.  They will also need to keep the shed stocked with tools to use for it to work.  Tools durability goes down.  Steel tools degrade faster than plasteel tools.  A steel tool is also less effective than plasteel.

Tools are noticeably better than bare handing the farm.

Krausladen

New function:
Assign weapon to colonist
Purpose:
When a colonist is downed, their weapon drops.  90% of the time, maybe more, the player will want to retrieve that back to a stock pile.  100% of the time it drops because a colonist is injured or killed.  I want my colonist to pick the weapon back up AUTOMATICALLY when they're done at the infirmary. 

Also: Please let us add colonists to groups in a new tab somewhere. 
Purpose: I want all my gunners in Home east to be selected to tend to the east flank.  I want all my gunners in home west to tend to the west flank.  I will leave my incapable of violent people out of these lists in event of a raid. 

Also - if they're picking their guns back up automatically, I wont have to worry about my several of my soldiers forgetting their gear in the stock pile when machines hit. 

It's not my job to remember their stuff, they remember to dress, they remember to eat, they could at least remember to pick their gun back up in an apocalypse that is threatening them with killer robots and monsters. 

Krausladen

Bio engineered crops & super foods:
Quinoa, Spinach, Pine apples, Water melons.

Add foods that lead to fine meals without meat, or lead to less sickness when eaten raw.  These food items should all be harder and slower to grow or require higher grow skills to get going. 

Krausladen

Weapon attributes
Masterwork and legendary weapons should have 1 & 2 additional random bonuses respectively.  Whether its an additional shot fired each burst, incapable of friendly fire, bonus damage, explosive rounds (damage on near miss), even higher accuracy, or higher fire rate, I think higher quality weapons, - especially masterwork and legendary should have these kinds of features unique to each weapon.