Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToXeye

I think this one would be easy to implement:

An option to destroy an object that the player does not want. Having to designate stockpiles for just one item is pretty nasty. On that topic: It should be possible to make a "one off" stockpile that only contains a particular item.

Implementation 1: If you add the destruction or one-off-stockpiling to the object's menu.

Implementation 2: If you add the one-off-stockpiling to a new zone selection, and the destruction to the orders tab.

note to Tynan: I know it's supposed to be hard to get rid of stuff, but it'd be nice to have a "dumped" tag added to objects or stacks, so that they will be hauled to the nearest outdoor dumping pile or something like that...
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

Chesssx

My list of ideas

-A type of packaged survival meal that uses only vegetables or only meat. It would take up about double the resources as a normal simple meal would take.

-The ability to force colonists to do recreational activities. I always have colonists having mental breaks because they didn't want to go play poker.

-Slave traders have more slaves.

-The ability to see the bio of a slave you are buying. I am tired of buying pyromaniacs.

-An automated deep drill which works slower but doesn't have to have someone manning it.
        -About 90 percent slower would make sense and be pretty balanced
-Prisoners are considered guilty for an entire year. I feel like if they attacked me they should be considered guilty for more than a day.
        -And an option to change this in the settings
-Colonists don't care what happens to guilty prisoners unless they have the "Kind" trait.
        -Or any other traits that make sense
-The ability for bloodlusting and psychopathic colonists to injure prisoners for recreation.

-Colonists have a preferred form of recreation and get a mood buff when they have it around and get to use it.

-A trait that makes a colonist despise technology, and the more of it they are around the more of a mood debuff they have.

-Animals with traits.
        -I don't mean complex traits, I mean simple things like "Kind"
-Make cats useful. All they do is consume food and reproduce but I just can't get rid of them because I don't have the heart to.
        -I love cats just a little too much
Remember that enemies get turned into hats, colonists get turned into chemfuel unless they are a pyro then they get to burn alive.

Zalheras

How about a crisis event for other factions? They'll then send a caravan to you to buy a certain resource for higher than normal price in as high stock as possible, the more you sell them the happier they are wih you. No other Items should be sellable at those trades.

And we need an option to set prices for items we intend to sell to high or low price so certain trades will be more likely to come and buy specific stuff e.g. set low sell price on potatoes to attract bulk traders fond of food...

edit: prices should be set in comms console and only items sitting in a stockpile under orbital trade thing should be listed

5thHorseman

2 columns in the caravan screen:

On the people screen, their walking speed.
On the items screen, item selling price per kg.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

MrThosams

How about little moons orbiting the planet in the World Tab? The eclipse event doesn't make much sense with no visible moons.

5thHorseman

Quote from: MrThosams on December 22, 2018, 09:54:19 PM
How about little moons orbiting the planet in the World Tab? The eclipse event doesn't make much sense with no visible moons.
It wouldn't make sense with visible moons. Eclipses last minutes. Anything more than an hour would be really hard to actually set up. Eclipses in the game last - what - half a day? Impossible unless the moon covers half the sky, and if it did how come there aren't eclipses every single day for half a day?
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Zaltys

Add a new optional bool def for traits: <neverOnGeneration>, which disables the error message from setting the trait commonality to 0. For traits that are only added manually through incidents or other mod content, not randomly.

Currently intentionally setting the commonality to 0 yields the error "TraitDef <this.defName> has 0 commonality", which is rather annoying because it aborts the quicklaunch.

Séamus

A small thing they  annoys  me is cleaning. All colonist have the same priority for cleaning every room. Can we  designate  high priority cleaning areas? It could be the same way you make stockpiles but it just sets the floor to a higher priority of cleaning. So you can have your colonists clean the medbay then the kitchen first instead of them cleaning random dirt in a hallway

LOLORDS213

Train tracks and trains for faster transport or just vehicles will do

Darkmark8910

Colonists without eyes shouldn't care about beauty traits / room beauty.

Colonists on fire (say, if on an ice sheet and hit by a molotov) should be immune to hypothermia while on fire.

Muffalo need even more dapper hat options.

Yorkshire terriers & cats would look adorable in sweaters.

Adding a variant of Angel's Glow to swamps would be neat; see https://www.warhistoryonline.com/guns/development-early-handguns.html and/or http://mentalfloss.com/article/30380/why-some-civil-war-soldiers-glowed-dark to learn more about it. Certain bacteria can actually heal patients in dire straights. It might be neat if it was a rare harvestable in swampy terrains and glowed.

Zaltys

Add a trait-filter for TalkTopicsUtility. So that we can mod it so that colonists with certain traits get extra conversation topics. Something like this:

<li>TalkTopicTraitGreedy->money</li>
<li>TalkTopicTraitTranshumanist->singularity</li>
<li>TalkTopicTraitBrawler->boxing</li>
<li>TalkTopicTraitPsychopath->making fancy hats</li>

Dwane_Loki

-Stack-able Sleeping Baby Animals- I.E. Baby animals sharing beds-

Hi! I Recently got this game but, so Far I've clocked a little over 170-ish hours into it. Recently I had a idea for how the standard animal beds should work for infant/tiny animals. It occurred to me when I had a large cluch of chicken eggs had hatched and I was somewhat unprepared and didn't have another dozen beds ready for the now-hatched chicks. This might only be relevant to egg laying animals but It could also be functional convenience for any animal that gives birth to more than one animal.

How It could work

• Adolescent Animals can stack up the to total mass of one single adult of that race or to what seems appropriate given the type of the bed and it's size compared to the sprite of the animal
  • Per animal that's on said bed/box a sprite overlapping them depicting them sleeping in a cute ball of fluff 
  • Baby animals might just be able to sleep under or on their parents

Thank you for your consideration :0)

[attachment deleted due to age]
Boomalope powered colonies are always going to be my favorate, because no matter what that colony will always go out with a few bangs.

CharlesM

Pack animals should logically haul.  Usually, its an issue when you have just mined half a mountain and now have fifty stacks of forty iron to move across the maps.  Most people end up with a locust swarm of dogs, boars, or cougars doing the "super smart hauling" thing.  Others make a 'fake caravan' and load up everything with micromanagement.  There is an easier solution.

If an animal:
1.  Can haul;
2.  Is trained in obedience;
3.  Is assigned to follow a master (pawn).

And the master (pawn):
1.  Would be pathing to pick up a full load (like 75 potatoes);
2.  Has additional items to pick up.

Then:
1.  Pick up a full load;
2.  Move to the following animal, hopefully nearby;
3.  Load the full load onto the pack animal (to weight limit)
4.  Continue pathing to pick up a new load and repeat.

And when dropping, the master:
1.  Drops the item being carried;
2.  If there are items of the same class on the pack animal, take off a load;
3.  Repeat.

This leads to these issues:
1.  Decide if this works with many pack animals following the same pawn.
2.  The train of pack animals will only carry one type of good, e.g., corn.
3.  There are cases where a pack animal gets stuck with a good and needs to be unloaded manually, e.g., master dies.  This is acceptable.

I think this would make the game more playable with less of the tedium of 'watch the pawns go back and forth picking up crops'.  It also gives some slack to add challenges to pack animals later without destroying their value.  For example, making heavily pregnant animals move slowly or making animals need to recover after giving birth.

Thapphireth

Inspired recruitment should work for taming animals.

I don't want a prisoner joining me, I want that thrumbo or that megaspider. Doesn't have to be guaranteed success, just higher chance than normally when a character with inspired recruitment is doing the taming. Is there a mod for this?

Also, I just bought the game after a prolonged "demoing period" *wink* and this is my first forum post, hello!

rentmej

Wheelchairs
I recently had my best crafter suffer a broken back. Nobody was close to the level to build a bionic spine, so the pawn has been bedridden for weeks as I train the next highest pawn. So I can build a bionic spine, but not a wheelchair? I'm not personally disabled, but I'm a huge fan of Rob Parsons, aka Chairslayer.

Why a "cheep Idea"?
-easy to add to research tree
-already have production table to build similar items
-already have movement adjusters for other things (maybe no penalty on floors, but only when not on floors)
-already have system to "install" aka, once built move next to disabled person
-already have "equip" logic

Only difficult part is the logic of "if they can't move arms -> then can't equip wheelchair"