Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derped

The deep drill could have a settings UI like other production facilities, where you could restrict what to mine and at how much to stop.

When you put down the deep drill first, you don't know what's below. This way you wouldn't mine more than you need from any given resource by accident.

derped

The path-finding needs some rework, I mean look at this screenshot. It's evident that you have simple meal next to the door, pawn still goes to grab the one in the back.

[attachment deleted due to age]

derped

Alarm for the misc category. Simple, one tile structure, like the fire-foam popper.
In an area around it, it detects hostile forces, and sends the pawns to it on high priority, kind of a "call to arms".

This could be greatly used for example near prisons, if there is a prison break.

derped

Hotkey to select all forbidden items across the map.

derped

When you build something, it shows you in numbers how much resources it will cost, next to the cursor. It'd come handy if I could see in parenthesis perhaps after that number, how much do I have in overall of that given resource.

ie. marble table: 28 (571)

derped

When you build walls and conduits simultaneously, the conduit doesn't get built and the blueprint is just gone. It'd be better if it stayed in the queue.

derped

A simple "select all" button on top of the area columns, because let's face it, that part of the UI will definitely change in the future anyways. Oh, and of course, because it's a pain in the ass to select everyone if you have dozens or more pawns.

derped

For the order menu a new tool, priority. Just like the other tools, you could select across the screen, anything under building gets selected. You could set low/normal/high priority.
Use some indicator to differentiate between different priorities, so the blueprint of the building is blue like it is now when on normal, perhaps a red down arrow shows if it's low priority, and a green up arrow if it's high priority.

derped

Rebuilding the coolers should auto-set their temperature to the previous one

I'm talking about the auto-rebuild feature, as of now if your cooler gets destroyed, pawns rebuild it, however, the temperature defaults back to 21°C.

derped

Deep water pump building. Or add research/upgrade to the moisture pump, and give it a setting if it supposed to pump out moist/deep water.

derped

Restricting movement should reset pawns' movement queue.
If you check the screenshot, you can see the pawn is set to go outside. Now if you restrict the movement to the house for example, he will still go out first, finishing his previous task.

derped

Keep prioritized work.

So when you click a pawn then give an order with right click -ie. cut plants in case of a blight-, then pawn will cut a single plant, then goes back to whatever he was doing.
Instead, there could be a button next to the "Clear prioritized work", something like "Repeat prioritized work".
Clicking on it could cycle between forever/until no more jobs/don't repeat.

vzoxz0

derped, you might have had an impact if you were here before the "release", but as it stands I doubt Tynan will be implementing a lot of changes. He spent many years developing this and I'm guessing he'll only do gamebreaking/tedious bugs unless he finds free time.

derped

Quote from: vzoxz0 on March 06, 2019, 07:55:33 AM
derped, you might have had an impact if you were here before the "release", but as it stands I doubt Tynan will be implementing a lot of changes. He spent many years developing this and I'm guessing he'll only do gamebreaking/tedious bugs unless he finds free time.

Thx man, I was afraid so, when I saw these threads are basically dead now.
Nevertheless, I'll post some ideas now and then, when I run into something.

derped

Automatic rebuild of roads could come handy and would make sense, since we have the auto rebuild for structures as well.