Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derped

Clicking on the "Colonist left unburied" debuff should jump to/cycle between the affecting bodies.

[attachment deleted due to age]

derped

"Do until you have the number of Colonists"

This could come handy in case of apparels for example, so just tell it to produce as many tuques as the current number of your colonists.

derped

Pawns should always prioritize finishing the unfinished items with less work left.

For example, you have 2 sculptor's table, making grand sculptures.
Both table has an unfinished grand sculpture, one has 800 work left, the other 1.
Pawn seems to stuck on the table he started working on, even after interruption, he goes back to finish the 800 work left first.
Even worst, after he finished, instead of going back and finishing the 1 work left sculpture, goes on and starts a completely new one :)

derped

When you do an operation, show the remaining number of body parts you have -minus the ones already waiting for operation- in the parenthesis, ie. Install bionic spine (spine +3 or spine 3 left etc.).

derped

Show currently idle colonists in the work tab.
The simple "idle" icon next to the copy icon would be perfect.

derped

Select all items with double click should always select the ones closest to the cursor.
The double click will only select 80 items.
If you check the attached screenshot, due to the 80 cap, if I double-click on one of the bottom traps, it selects the bottom-most 80 traps. However, if I double-click the top-most trap, it will still select that, and all the rest of the 79 traps in the bottom.

Because of that, you can only select other traps, if you zoom in on a different part, makes it somewhat tedious.

If it was up to me, I'd remove the 80 cap altogether, so selecting could select all items across screen. But if the limit stays for some reason, at least make it select the 80 closest items to the cursor.

derped

Auto-harvest button on Hydroponics basins (in other words being able to turn off auto-harvesting on them).

svc_bot

If a caravan is less that a day away from its destination, show the approximated time in hours, not in days.

derped

I second that, gave me the idea that on the world map it could also indicate it where will they stop on the path.

point A o--------|----------|-----------|-----o own city ('|' is for the daybreak)
        09:30                                         17:30

Prolbo

Fixed in-wall autoshotgun turret. Very limited fire arc, limited range (ofc! it is shotgun), impossible to avoid or walk around, well protected.

animalsatemyfood

can you make it so jobs from workbenches get an option to choose where they take their rescources from?
default would be "everywhere/nearest", but can be set to specific stockpiles

vadim_normal

When you selecting multiple building plans/unended buildings it's shows count of work and resources needed to end it

cruntjamman

Some dog breeds not only have a social aspect, but they have a comfort aspect when resting.  I know huskies in particular enjoy a small tight den for the rest periods.  They are at the most comfortable when that is available to them.

I wonder if there could be a negative mood buff for huskies if they don't have small tight rooms for them to rest in (something like a 2x2).

Limdood

Quote from: cruntjamman on April 10, 2019, 10:43:06 AM
Some dog breeds not only have a social aspect, but they have a comfort aspect when resting.  I know huskies in particular enjoy a small tight den for the rest periods.  They are at the most comfortable when that is available to them.

I wonder if there could be a negative mood buff for huskies if they don't have small tight rooms for them to rest in (something like a 2x2).
animals don't have mood bars...

Prolbo

Visible timer for time limited events (trade route, cache, captive, etc) or other reminder.
Also way to tag or hightlight its position. Especially userful for trade mission.