Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prolbo

Order to remove floor in the main orders menu.

Order to remove wires and only wires (main orders also).

A way to designate a zone that colonists will clear of large obstacles and plants. (Do not suggest using flooring)

A forced order to carry a wounded, but not a fallen colonist. (Yes, the guy who barely kicks and probably will die when he is caught. Instead of falling and being saved)

Limdood

Quote from: Prolbo on April 20, 2019, 07:33:57 AM
Visible timer for time limited events (trade route, cache, captive, etc) or other reminder.
Also way to tag or hightlight its position. Especially userful for trade mission.

Order to remove floor in the main orders menu.

A way to designate a zone that colonists will clear of large obstacles and plants. (Do not suggest using flooring)

A forced order to carry a wounded, but not a fallen colonist. (Yes, the guy who barely kicks and probably will die when he is caught. Instead of falling and being saved)

These are all amazing suggestions...
+5

LWM

Quote from: Prolbo on April 20, 2019, 07:33:57 AM
There's a mod called Remove Conduit or something like that?

There's a new mod I just saw recently that does this, too.

So clearly, ppl agree ;)

Also, visible timer is gold!  And visible indicator on the world map would be gold, too!

I kind of feel like a UserInterface mod for a bunch of ideas on here might be reasonable...

AlexNAC04

i think that could be a good decision cause then you could add chills that make a person learn that skill slower,40% then 10% and then passions should be reworked as well 110% and 170%

Post your ideas below!

Ashe

Prevent skill decay from occurring when the pawn has worked on a task using that skill in the last 8 hours. Losing a skill level overnight when a pawn is already doing one skill and only that skill all day is super frustrating.

Ashe

Also, add a toggle on transport pod launchers to automatically rebuild the pod when it's launched.

Limdood

Quote from: Ashe on April 21, 2019, 08:37:14 AM
Also, add a toggle on transport pod launchers to automatically rebuild the pod when it's launched.

+1

zizard

update the game in any way

Kirby23590

Allow Bionic Spines give more Carry Weight as in allowing more Mass Carried as a buff...

They are only good for just removing bad backs rather than something else unlike the bionic hearts, stomachs or other bionic parts.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Limdood

Quote from: Kirby23590 on April 25, 2019, 10:59:00 AM
They are only good for just removing bad backs rather than something else unlike the bionic hearts, stomachs or other bionic parts.

I think that's the idea.  They give you the ability to remove a nasty, debilitating affliction that can't be removed any other way (except healer mech serum)

Kirby23590

Quote from: Limdood on April 25, 2019, 05:38:43 PM
I think that's the idea.  They give you the ability to remove a nasty, debilitating affliction that can't be removed any other way (except healer mech serum)
Yeah i only build them in the fabrication table for removing bad backs or shattered spines, i mostly use mech healer serums in vanilla or going to mystic shamans from More Faction Interactions to remove brain scars.

Ashe

I would really appreciate it if vents and coolers that were places vertically were changed to 'connect' with wall textures. They look really strange and unappealing as it is. A quick-n-dirty example of what I mean is attached.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kirby23590

Quote from: Ashe on April 27, 2019, 08:11:22 AM
I would really appreciate it if vents and coolers that were places vertically were changed to 'connect' with wall textures. They look really strange and unappealing as it is. A quick-n-dirty example of what I mean is attached.

That's really minor visually... And there mods that replace or make them redundant or better alternatives while being more expensive to build...

Centralized Climate Control while having them expensive for building them. They have wall mounted vents and network-like air cooling or heating systems....

LWM

Quote from: Kirby23590 on April 27, 2019, 02:56:51 PM
Quote from: Ashe on April 27, 2019, 08:11:22 AM
I would really appreciate it if vents and coolers that were places vertically were changed to 'connect' with wall textures.

That's really minor visually... And there mods that replace or make them redundant or better alternatives while being more expensive to build...

But it certainly qualifies as an easy, cheap fix that the original could use.  None of the mods are just retextures?  Do they have licenses that would allow one to just put the textures in a separate mod?  Can you give links?

--LWM

Kirby23590

@LWM

Sure....

But here's some mods that change the vents and coolers to not look out of place on the walls visually instead...

The problem. It's only in Steam while the original ones are still for B18 or A14 and A17 for Non-Steam...