Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prolbo

Pawns: Social tab. Move dead relatives (no matter friends or foes) to bottom of the list. Separate from living with double line. Remove dead relatievs from the list after 1+ year. THANK YOU.

Ashe

Changing the message given for when you get faction rep for healing a guest/releasing a prisoner from "x left the map healthy" to something more like "x left the map alive", as in my experience they don't really need to be healthy at all, just able to hobble themselves off the map, so giving that message and saying healthy is a bit misleading if the first time you did have them at full health and use that message to inform how long you keep prisoners etc to get the rep.

Kyralessa

Here is a genuinely cheap suggestion, but a great quality-of-life possibility:

In the Form Caravan screen, sort the pawns by their actual order at the top of the screen.

I always sort my pawns by shooting ability, and in a caravan I tend to put my best shooters.  I'd like to just grab the top 8 or 10 pawns off the list, but instead they're in some kind of weird random order, so I have to repeatedly alt-tab to note the names of whom I want in the caravan in Notepad, then select them in the caravan screen.

It would be so great if they'd be sorted in my normal pawn sort order (or at least if that were an option, if not the default) so I could just check off the top ones.

Kirby23590

And for Caravans when starting one...

Allow us to see the Food Restrictions on the Pawns and Colonists at the right and let us easily change their Food Restrictions to let them eat the Caravan Food that we are bringing since we mostly forbid them to eat them in the Freezer at the colony.

It would be easier and QOL life thing to do instead of going to their Info icon and going to the Pawn's food restriction tab and picking their that they can eat the Pemmican and the Survival Packaged Meals that they bringing in...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

LWM

Quote from: Kirby23590 on May 09, 2019, 09:36:37 AM
Food Restrictions.

Wait, we can give the colonists food restrictions?!?

Oh that is awesome!

--LWM

Kirby23590

Well what i mean't is allow us to edit our Food Restrictions on Caravans... Silly...

Food Restrictions was a thing in B19...

Here's the images that i was trying to meant here for Food Restrictions in Forming Caravans...

old

my suggestion (Excuse my photoshopping abilities)

With that, i makes making the caravaneers allowing that they can and are allowed to eat the pemmicans now in the caravans a breeze...

Wanderer_joins

Add the ability to build stone floors on bridges ( we can already build stone walls)

Vakari

Quote from: Tynan on October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM
I love the ideas I see around here, but often they tend to be on the complex side. Often, assembling a lot of simple systems and letting them interact is better than designing a big complex system. I want to hear your ideas for full systems and modules, but I'd also really like to have the suggestion stream be balanced between big and small ideas.

So I'm making this thread to specifically ask: what ideas do you have for the game that are really cheap to implement? Ideally these are things I could do in less than half a day. Try to think of things that re-use already-existing systems with minor tweaks to create new variations.

Here are some examples:
• Barbed wire: A building that slows down movement.
• Molotov cocktails: Grenades that start fires.
• Assassin: A raid from one super-powerful raider.
• Weaponbuyer: A story event where a trader offers to buy all of your weapons for a high price.
• Potatoeater: A muffalo gets a taste for human crops and starts eating them exclusively.

None of these, by themselves, will set the world on fire. But put into the simulation together, they can create new stories. And I can afford to do a lot of them. So, have at it! What are your cheapest ideas?

An idea is cheap if a developer could sit down today and have the feature finished in four hours or less.

If your idea is at all complicated or uses game systems or AI behaviors that are not already in the game, it is not cheap and should be posted elsewhere.

I have two suggestions, although one could be met by doing the other.  Both should be a a "cheap" idea, I think:  1.  Allow us to duplicate Drug Policies in-game. 

For Example:  I use mods to add new medicines, and create a drug policy for each situation they might be used.  However, I also have some changes that I make every time, so anything that could help avoid the repetition and improve management would be fantastic.

2.  Allow us to set defaults that will be used every game.
"Defaults" examples: 
1.  Setting Work priorities (I use the "Prepare Carefully" mod, so I have specific colonists I like to start with.) But even without the mod, I always set certain priorities higher than others automatically.
2.  Setting Animal training default values.
3.  Setting Armor/Equip default values.
4.  Setting "Lavish" and other food priorities (what is ok to eat and not).

All of the above are examples of the same changes I manually make every time I start a new game, so I would *LOVE* an option to let me apply a set of values that every game would start with automatically.

Thank you for your consideration.
I

1mantisphoenix

MajsterX4

Add aquatic and semiaquatic animals. Semiaquatic animals would have speed boost when moving in water and in swamp.

Kirby23590

Pawns with the Bloodlust trait gain Joy/Recreation from killing enemies...

And Those with the Masochist trait gain Joy/Recreation when getting injured...

I don't know if the Bloodlust Trait Gaining Recreation or Joy from killing, exists already.

Kittyinsocks

Hi all!

I would love to see a positive buff for a colonist receiving bionic eyes, after previously being blind (e.g. I CAN SEEEEE! +10).

For a while now, one of my colonists, Rissa, has been blind, with one eye having been cut out, and the other shot out. She was like this when she joined our colony, and I've always felt very sorry for her. My goal was to restore her sight, and we've finally been able to install one bionic eye (we're still working towards the second). I found it odd when it had no effect to her mood to have restored sight, after being blind for so long, so I would love to see it give colonists a positive mood buff!

Limdood

Quote from: Kirby23590 on June 16, 2019, 10:04:56 PM
Pawns with the Bloodlust trait gain Joy/Recreation from killing enemies...

And Those with the Masochist trait gain Joy/Recreation when getting injured...

I don't know if the Bloodlust Trait Gaining Recreation or Joy from killing, exists already.

they already both get mood boost (which i assume is what you mean by joy?) along with a few other perks (notably, bloodlust doesn't get mood penalties from seeing dead bodies or wearing human leather, and masochist doesn't get mood penalties from injuries (they get the boost for the same amount instead)). 

Recreation is currently only gained from sustained activities, and they slowly gain it over the course of doing the activity, depending on tolerances.  Since killing someone is an instant event, it would award nothing...+100 recreation per second for 0 seconds is still 0 recreation.  And since being hurt is an INCREDIBLY long duration (or permanent) condition, it would similarly not make any sense to award joy, as it would either max out their recreation forever, or it would max out their recreation once, and then be stuck at 100% bored tolerance forever, doing nothing.

Both of these two traits seem to do what they need to do already, without trying to make them work with the recreation system, for which the traits or the recreation system would need to have significant adjustments applied to them in order to make work.

Prologue

I have a realy simple idea that I'd like to see implemented.

Current problem:
When 2 or more events that give an event notice on the side of the screen happen pretty much at the same time (or quite fast after each other) and you don't pause the game you can accedently click away the wrong notification, becouse the new one pushes all the existing ones one space up.

How to fix this:
Instead of the new event being added on the bottom and pushing the old ones up, jut let them stack ontop of each other adding the new event on top so that old event notifications don't change thier place.

I know it's such a small change that it bearly matters, but I'd still like to see this change in the game.

Limdood

Quote from: Prologue on June 23, 2019, 01:42:24 PM
I have a realy simple idea that I'd like to see implemented.

Current problem:
When 2 or more events that give an event notice on the side of the screen happen pretty much at the same time (or quite fast after each other) and you don't pause the game you can accedently click away the wrong notification, becouse the new one pushes all the existing ones one space up.

How to fix this:
Instead of the new event being added on the bottom and pushing the old ones up, jut let them stack ontop of each other adding the new event on top so that old event notifications don't change thier place.

I know it's such a small change that it bearly matters, but I'd still like to see this change in the game.

They already addressed this with the history tab....they added a "messages" tab to the history menu so you can see any messages you may have accidentally or prematurely clicked away.  Admittedly, it doesn't "fix" the problem, just allows you to roll back the mistake, but it is an option for if you click away a message if you didn't know about this already.