Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• June 26, 2019, 05:58:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391

Author Topic: Your Cheapest Ideas  (Read 681165 times)

Kirby23590

• Planetologist
  • Full Metal Yorkshire
    • View Profile
Re: Your Cheapest Ideas
« Reply #5835 on: April 27, 2019, 02:56:51 PM »

I would really appreciate it if vents and coolers that were places vertically were changed to 'connect' with wall textures. They look really strange and unappealing as it is. A quick-n-dirty example of what I mean is attached.

That's really minor visually... And there mods that replace or make them redundant or better alternatives while being more expensive to build...

Centralized Climate Control while having them expensive for building them. They have wall mounted vents and network-like air cooling or heating systems....

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

LWM

• Colonist
  • Little White Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: April 27, 2019, 05:23:39 PM »

I would really appreciate it if vents and coolers that were places vertically were changed to 'connect' with wall textures.

That's really minor visually... And there mods that replace or make them redundant or better alternatives while being more expensive to build...

But it certainly qualifies as an easy, cheap fix that the original could use.  None of the mods are just retextures?  Do they have licenses that would allow one to just put the textures in a separate mod?  Can you give links?

--LWM

Kirby23590

• Planetologist
  • Full Metal Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: April 27, 2019, 06:45:19 PM »

@LWM

Sure....

But here's some mods that change the vents and coolers to not look out of place on the walls visually instead...

The problem. It's only in Steam while the original ones are still for B18 or A14 and A17 for Non-Steam...

Prolbo

• Muffalo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: April 28, 2019, 05:25:50 AM »

Pawns: Social tab. Move dead relatives (no matter friends or foes) to bottom of the list. Separate from living with double line. Remove dead relatievs from the list after 1+ year. THANK YOU.

Ashe

• Muffalo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: May 03, 2019, 05:44:17 PM »

Changing the message given for when you get faction rep for healing a guest/releasing a prisoner from "x left the map healthy" to something more like "x left the map alive", as in my experience they don't really need to be healthy at all, just able to hobble themselves off the map, so giving that message and saying healthy is a bit misleading if the first time you did have them at full health and use that message to inform how long you keep prisoners etc to get the rep.

Kyralessa

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: May 08, 2019, 04:07:11 AM »

Here is a genuinely cheap suggestion, but a great quality-of-life possibility:

In the Form Caravan screen, sort the pawns by their actual order at the top of the screen.

I always sort my pawns by shooting ability, and in a caravan I tend to put my best shooters.  I'd like to just grab the top 8 or 10 pawns off the list, but instead they're in some kind of weird random order, so I have to repeatedly alt-tab to note the names of whom I want in the caravan in Notepad, then select them in the caravan screen.

It would be so great if they'd be sorted in my normal pawn sort order (or at least if that were an option, if not the default) so I could just check off the top ones.

Kirby23590

• Planetologist
  • Full Metal Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: May 09, 2019, 09:36:37 AM »

And for Caravans when starting one...

Allow us to see the Food Restrictions on the Pawns and Colonists at the right and let us easily change their Food Restrictions to let them eat the Caravan Food that we are bringing since we mostly forbid them to eat them in the Freezer at the colony.

It would be easier and QOL life thing to do instead of going to their Info icon and going to the Pawn's food restriction tab and picking their that they can eat the Pemmican and the Survival Packaged Meals that they bringing in...

LWM

• Colonist
  • Little White Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: May 10, 2019, 02:10:33 AM »

Food Restrictions.

Wait, we can give the colonists food restrictions?!?

Oh that is awesome!

--LWM

Kirby23590

• Planetologist
  • Full Metal Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: May 10, 2019, 04:14:06 AM »

Well what i mean't is allow us to edit our Food Restrictions on Caravans... Silly...

Food Restrictions was a thing in B19...

Here's the images that i was trying to meant here for Food Restrictions in Forming Caravans...

old

my suggestion (Excuse my photoshopping abilities)

With that, i makes making the caravaneers allowing that they can and are allowed to eat the pemmicans now in the caravans a breeze...

Wanderer_joins

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: May 23, 2019, 07:46:04 AM »

Add the ability to build stone floors on bridges ( we can already build stone walls)

Vakari

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: May 30, 2019, 08:19:17 PM »

I love the ideas I see around here, but often they tend to be on the complex side. Often, assembling a lot of simple systems and letting them interact is better than designing a big complex system. I want to hear your ideas for full systems and modules, but I'd also really like to have the suggestion stream be balanced between big and small ideas.

So I'm making this thread to specifically ask: what ideas do you have for the game that are really cheap to implement? Ideally these are things I could do in less than half a day. Try to think of things that re-use already-existing systems with minor tweaks to create new variations.

Here are some examples:
• Barbed wire: A building that slows down movement.
• Molotov cocktails: Grenades that start fires.
• Assassin: A raid from one super-powerful raider.
• Weaponbuyer: A story event where a trader offers to buy all of your weapons for a high price.
• Potatoeater: A muffalo gets a taste for human crops and starts eating them exclusively.

None of these, by themselves, will set the world on fire. But put into the simulation together, they can create new stories. And I can afford to do a lot of them. So, have at it! What are your cheapest ideas?

An idea is cheap if a developer could sit down today and have the feature finished in four hours or less.

If your idea is at all complicated or uses game systems or AI behaviors that are not already in the game, it is not cheap and should be posted elsewhere.

I have two suggestions, although one could be met by doing the other.  Both should be a a "cheap" idea, I think:  1.  Allow us to duplicate Drug Policies in-game. 

For Example:  I use mods to add new medicines, and create a drug policy for each situation they might be used.  However, I also have some changes that I make every time, so anything that could help avoid the repetition and improve management would be fantastic.

2.  Allow us to set defaults that will be used every game.
"Defaults" examples: 
1.  Setting Work priorities (I use the "Prepare Carefully" mod, so I have specific colonists I like to start with.) But even without the mod, I always set certain priorities higher than others automatically.
2.  Setting Animal training default values.
3.  Setting Armor/Equip default values.
4.  Setting "Lavish" and other food priorities (what is ok to eat and not).

All of the above are examples of the same changes I manually make every time I start a new game, so I would *LOVE* an option to let me apply a set of values that every game would start with automatically.

Thank you for your consideration.
I

1mantisphoenix

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: June 01, 2019, 12:46:23 PM »

Steam Achievements; :)

MajsterX4

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: June 10, 2019, 10:18:04 AM »

Add aquatic and semiaquatic animals. Semiaquatic animals would have speed boost when moving in water and in swamp.

Kirby23590

• Planetologist
  • Full Metal Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: June 16, 2019, 10:04:56 PM »

Pawns with the Bloodlust trait gain Joy/Recreation from killing enemies...

And Those with the Masochist trait gain Joy/Recreation when getting injured...

I don't know if the Bloodlust Trait Gaining Recreation or Joy from killing, exists already.

Kittyinsocks

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: June 17, 2019, 07:58:53 AM »

Hi all!

I would love to see a positive buff for a colonist receiving bionic eyes, after previously being blind (e.g. I CAN SEEEEE! +10).

For a while now, one of my colonists, Rissa, has been blind, with one eye having been cut out, and the other shot out. She was like this when she joined our colony, and I've always felt very sorry for her. My goal was to restore her sight, and we've finally been able to install one bionic eye (we're still working towards the second). I found it odd when it had no effect to her mood to have restored sight, after being blind for so long, so I would love to see it give colonists a positive mood buff!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 04:21:15 PM by Kittyinsocks »
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391