Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limdood

Quote from: LWM on July 18, 2019, 12:06:40 AM
Quote from: Gyrocopter445 on July 17, 2019, 05:30:45 AM
Watchtowers. PLEASE
[...]
Cons:
Is it a pro or a can if the raiders decide the watchtower makes a really good target for the rockets?  Pawns, of course, cannot climb down quickly, so ....boom?

--LWM

For some reason these people seem to think that a watchtower sniper will get something like +50-100% range, when, even if it were implemented, it would probably closer to something like +10% (or 4 tiles more) and they also somehow think that their sniper wouldn't be rushed and targeted by the entire enemy raid before he can climb down.

Plus unless the whole base is ringed with watchtowers (in which case, you're not asking for watchtowers, you're asking for embrasures with super duper bonus range), that sniper is going to get torn apart in seconds as the pirates suffer the first shot, and by then all their assault rifle and hunting rifle, and THEIR snipers, and possibly even their LMG and Heavy SMG gunners are in range of your COMPLETELY EXPOSED SINGLE PAWN who, in the time it took those pawns to walk the 8-15 tiles it took to cross from your sniper's max range to their max range, hasn't even finished his weapon cooldown after his first shot and is getting subject to at least 1 volley from everyone with a 27+ range weapon in that raid (which, BONUS, includes the rocket launchers!)

Kirby23590

Quote from: Gyrocopter445 on July 17, 2019, 05:30:45 AM
Watchtowers. PLEASE
Ummm... I think that's no cheap idea.

Compared to just a text edit on a description, and boats and z-levels ain't cheap ideas either. I did encounter some mods that added watch towers like real fog of war, but doesn't increase range, only helps out for looking out whats hiding in the fog of war.

But i think you can tell Ludeon to decrease the chance of raiders appearing rocket launchers or add a simple rocket launcher which is cheaper and weaker but common sight with rocketeers while making the doomsday rockets ultra rare sight or tweak the rocket ranges. ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

vadim_normal

Good though from carcinoma removal.
It's almost impossible to beat cancer in the middle worlds, and treating cancer must seriously improve mood.

Kirby23590

I think i had something that farted in my head...

But this one i think, fits for the Masochist Trait.

When someone is disfigured, They get a Minus -15 from those others...
But however if someone has the Masochist trait and finds Lumi with a Scar in her eye, they will think that she looks cuter
with that scar or with them being disfigured and they get a Masochist likes Disfigured +15, liking them more.
Alright that might make no sense from my stand point or just weird to your eyes, at least makes the Masochist trait a bit more unique and weirder including special that way.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Pangaea

The little details...

Sometimes the game is touchy on scrolling with the mouse wheel. For instance when you are in the Gear tab and have a scrollbar. Try to scroll while hovering over the Apparel section and the main game window will zoom in and out. Mouse the pointer over Overall armor section, and now it works to scroll within the Gear window.

I'd like the game to be less touchy on stuff like this (it happens many other places too), so if I have the mouse over a tab and there are scrollbars, the game should scroll if I use the mouse wheel. If I have the mouse pointer in the game window it should zoom in and out - like it currently does.

LWM

Quote from: Pangaea on August 03, 2019, 03:36:34 PM
The little details...

Sometimes the game is touchy on scrolling with the mouse wheel. For instance when you are in the Gear tab and have a scrollbar. Try to scroll while hovering over the Apparel section and the main game window will zoom in and out. Mouse the pointer over Overall armor section, and now it works to scroll within the Gear window.

!

I had no idea the scroll wheel worked at in that window at all!

This is the sort of detail that makes for a very polished, high quality feel.  RimWorld is pretty good about that in general, but I would love to see this change!

--LWM

jacko21297

Quote from: Tynan on June 26, 2019, 05:58:24 PM
Quote from: Joshow on June 25, 2019, 03:43:16 AM
I'm not a developer or anything so I don't know what is or isn't cheap - but how about the option of making ships so you can cross oceans?

Or, in the tutorial screen when it suggests where you make your first settlement, it stops letting you do that on a literal island with no other settlements xD

The ships thing is a viable idea, but not exactly a cheap one!

The island thing - Are players confused by this? My general sense is to not baby players too much. Maybe having some warning would be good though.

It could be relatively cheap, just allows caravans to cross water if the caravan party contains enough raft items for the caravan party size. so just like bedrolls being rolled up you can make rafts that allow you to travel across water, albeit a bit slower. i don't know?

Also, i know its in the wrong place, but is there any future for multi core compatibility? nearing late game the game will start to jitter a bit and my PC is pretty damn good spec :/
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ― André Gide

Pangaea

Think some auto-pause functions would be really handy. Especially for raids...

Sometimes I like to play my own music in the background, which does not always play nice with sudden drop pod raids. "Why are suddenly several of my guys downed and on fire??"

Touching on raids, I'd love the ability to carry wounded pawns to hospital, instead of waiting until they bleed out enough to faint, at which point it may be too late to actually save their life.

LWM

Quote from: Pangaea on August 15, 2019, 04:44:03 PM
Touching on raids, I'd love the ability to carry wounded pawns to hospital, instead of waiting until they bleed out enough to faint, at which point it may be too late to actually save their life.

There's a mod called "Down for Me" that allows this.

--LWM

Pangaea

A small hopefully cheap idea:

Please add a build transport pod button when we have the pod launchers selected. That way we won't have to go into the Misc menu every single time, which is a little grating on these mineral resource travels.

Quote from: LWM on August 30, 2019, 04:17:23 PM
Quote from: Pangaea on August 15, 2019, 04:44:03 PM

There's a mod called "Down for Me" that allows this.

--LWM

Cheers, I may try out that one in the next save then. Just to keep things the same for now.

LWM

Oh, that's a very good idea.  Of course there should be a button.

As far as Down for Me goes, it's safe to add; it's a user-activated-only bit of logic.

Milk

How about that?
Crafting neutroamine from Raw Fungus of Agarilux mushroom.
And also add "Agarilux Rocks" item in Long Range mineral scanner. (which finds place with example chances 25%-  0, 25% - 1 Mushroom, 25% - 2, 12,5% - 3 , 12,5% - 5)because scanner finds rocks it grows on, not the fungus)
For more fun, also add chances of spawning insects (not many)

Crafting recipe
(5 Raw Fungus+ 50 chemfuel + 5 plasteel (bottle) + 50 silver (chemical reagent) = 50 Neutroamine)
Recipe Cost: 5,5 + 50*2,3 + 5*9 + 50 = 215,5
50 neutroamine costs 300.

Anyone, who can make that mode for me, i'm ready to pay.
Jercell looks like not interested at it.

ManHuntingSquirrel

I'm not 100% sure if this is in the game already, but maybe Masochists could provoke other colonists into fights just to get hurt. I think it would make the trait better.
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

JaJe

A simple idea that gives a small buff early game:
When you arrive to the planet, the cargo pod just despawn. Instead why not make it not despawnable and use it to have a bad quality sleep and heat? Then you can deconstruct it by obtaining few components. This would be awesome for extreme biomes.
I ate without a table and I liked it.

lunaticneko

Sparring. Almost the same as social fights, but damage is limited (participants try to contain damage and avoid wounding), pawns may do so for extended period of time, actually gain enjoyment, and improve social relations. Pawns with bladed weapons will not spar with unarmed pawns.