Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

烽燧煜明

About Vehicles
Well,I think cars can be built like buildings,move like animals and load things like the transport tank.It should become a support transport system for the transport tank.

Pangaea

Have a small request: Could you please make it so that when you have completed a quest, the items do NOT automatically get forbidden?

After oh so many hours with the game I'm yet to get any of these items without them degrading a bit. Once the quest is completed, I am always busy fixing up people bleeding out, discovering beds in the small rooms on the map, unloading selected items from muffalos, making a zone for them, chopping down some trees -- you get the gist. Lots of things to do, so I keep my eyes on *that* map instead of the main one, where the quest items drop down. If they came UNforbidden, haulers would drag them inside on their own.

I'd rather live with the slight hazzle of re-finding the items later, instead of seeing archotech legs or orbital power targeter or whatever degrade.

ForeverZer0

Unsure if it has already been mentioned here, not prepared to read through 393 pages of comments, but would really love to see the simple addition of a "Build Cargo Pod" button on pod launchers. It is minor annoyance to have to get into the architect sub-menus to rebuild pods after launching them instead of just doing so directly from the launcher.

LWM

There's a mod for the Build-Cargo-Pods button that just got created in the last month. I think it's called "Add Transport Pod" You might look for it.

As far as unforbidden reward items, I second that request!

--LWM

Pangaea

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on November 14, 2019, 07:30:23 PM
Unsure if it has already been mentioned here, not prepared to read through 393 pages of comments, but would really love to see the simple addition of a "Build Cargo Pod" button on pod launchers. It is minor annoyance to have to get into the architect sub-menus to rebuild pods after launching them instead of just doing so directly from the launcher.

I actually suggested this recently, probably a few pages back, so I very much agree :)

Would be grand to not have to fuddle around in the Misc menu for the pods. I do many mining trips in the late-ish game (we always lack steel and plasteel), and especially steel trips require many shipments back home. It's not exactly a show-stopper of course, but beds have direct access like this for related buildings, so it would make sense for the pod launcher to have it too.

ForeverZer0

Quote from: LWM on November 14, 2019, 10:36:20 PM
There's a mod for the Build-Cargo-Pods button that just got created in the last month. I think it's called "Add Transport Pod" You might look for it.

I made a little personal patch for it myself long ago, but I think it should be a vanilla feature, and not have to be added on with a patch. The game is typically very intuitive in this regard for everything else, it just seems that the pods were forgotten about. I am actually more surprised that it is not already there.

vadim_normal

Protheses, bionics, and pacemakers are getting -90% efficiency while solar flare.
Brain chips turns off while solar flare.
Power armor becomes equal to plate while EMI or solar flare.
Power weapon and shields are turned off while EMI or solar flare

Protok

Hello, Tynan

The idea is simple and important for better replayability. Refers to the scenario editor.
Add an "offset" parameter to the create the incident function, which will offset the time of creation of the incident by a random value. This is for a more unpredictable scenario.

Example. "Manhunter pack" on day 4 at 18:00 - <intervalDays> 3.5 </intervalDays>
I'll know the time it happens. Exactly. Adding more detalised number (like 3.58192) does not change much.
Now. The new offset parameter, set for 12 hours - <offsetDays> 0.5 </offsetDays>
Will be calculated from -X to X and added to the specified time of the incident.
It's change a lot. I know that the incident will apear on day 4, but now it can be between the 4th at 6:00 and 5th at 6:00.
Maybe in the morning, maybe in the afternoon, and maybe at night. Anything can be! Thats matter!

Example 2. "Toxic fallout" on day 45 - <intervalDays> 45.10635 </intervalDays>
I'll know it will happen exactly time. No problem. Just get ready to that time.
The new offset parameter, set for 15 days- <offsetDays> 15 </offsetDays>
Will be calculated from -X to X and added to the specified time of the incident.
Now I know only thing - it can happen on second month, any day from 31 to 60.

It's change everything for those who playing game by scenarios.

If it is repeated incident then the calculation of the offset occurs anew for next incident after triggering.

And of cource, the <offsetDays> value can't be bigger then <intervalDays>. May be need an autocheck.

Thanks for RimWorld.
Have a good day.

无敌菌0227

1,手动加农/狙击炮塔:需要电力驱动,殖民者可以控制加农/狙击炮,加农/狙击炮在破坏前殖民者有概率不会受到伤害,对射击能力高的殖民者有加成,加农/狙击炮塔被破坏不会爆炸.
2、战役邀请:(围剿,救援,遭遇战,灭虫)有概率会出现其他阵营的一群战士来到殖民地询问是否加入一场战役,支援战役、救援伤者或俘虏敌对,完成额外目标可以得到额外的赏金,冒险:不会在盟友远行队中供应食物,药物,盟友与敌方战力悬殊。
3、难民队:援助或拒绝,在冬季,有小概率出现一批难民队,它们是一批,家园被毁灭的伤员,一场瘟疫的幸存者的感染者,饥荒幸存者,援助它们,当你殖民地受到大袭击会援助你的殖民地。

Anarcraft

This was probably mentioned already but I'll say it just to be sure.  Give the ability to click and drag across the arrow buttons in the Trade & Form Caravan list interfaces like you can do with lists of zones and assignments (medicine, response, outfit policy, food policy, drug policy) and other various checkmarks.

Oh yea, and allow changing the food policy for a caravan.

Noseman

Blueprint rebuilt furniture preserve it's storage/bills settings.

Mr Bandit

a linkable for mortars that looks like a vitals monitor (uses its graphic), if a pawn uses it then it overrides the aim for mortars (perhaps a button on the mortars that must be ticked?). it would link to up to 2 mortars and need to be manned (3 pawns for 2 mortars), and would mean you could only target squares on the ground - not moving targets. you would then aim with the linkable, not the mortar (maybe?)

but what it would add is that with every shot fired the forced-miss radius would reduce by 1 to a max of (forced miss)/2.  Every time the target square is changed it resets to zero (or if the linkable loses power).

linkable would consume power and cease to function if unpowered (but could work in the rain without shorting), and require a new tech to unlock using mortars tech as prerequisite

mattamazingballz

Ok! After 800+ hours logged these are my suggestions.

-Smelting steel into ingots!! It would just make sense seeing as how you need to carve stone to utilize it.
-Stone or Metal fireplace/furnace...just something between a campfire and a heater...
-Shooting range. To train shooting. (Also recreation)
-A way to train melee ...half the game is combat so training in general would be useful.
-Rice growing in shallow water would make more sense...and look cooler
-River and lake/pond water are totally different colors.. terrain would look better if they were closer in color.
-Starvation I feel like is a little too quick. Humans don't starve that quickly. Sure malnutrition but not full on starvation.
-Corpse obsession should only happen involving lost loved ones. Not random people.
-I'd personally like to see a more logically organized and gratifying tech tree. (I.e. smelting before electricity, and electricity broken down into generator, heating, lighting, ect.)
-Only certain animals should be able to be domesticated. When ever has a random squirrel decided to join your household and start eating out of your fridge?
-Mineable salt. Could be used for fine meals or meat preservation. Would make sense in more way than one.
-On that note, spices (maybe as one single plant type) and salt could be used in conjunction for lavish meals.
(that way you're not using a bunch of food to make a better meal somehow?)
-I'd like to see the addition of wheat. Could tie into beer brewing... would like a more gratifying food crafting system in general. I know this isn't Stardew Valley but a couple additions and combinations could make the game feel a little more... like you're really living off the land. :D
-Doing away with the hydroponic room light. It's frustrating and not realistic.

Ok that's all I can think of without getting too complicated.

Jalordon

Since this thread seems to now be about mod suggestions instead of things to be implemented into the core game, i'm making one request.

Would someone consider making a mod that removes, or at least allows configuration of, the overall health of a pawn? What I mean by this is pawns currently (to my knowledge) die if they have too many individual injuries, even though a core body part (ie head or torso) was not yet destroyed.

The practicality of this request is to allow painstopper implant equipped and/or drugged up pawns to be more useful since they currently can die to a plethora of limb damage, and while I haven't tested it, they may ironically be more durable if they lose limbs because it would remove injuries that affect their health stat.

LWM

Quote from: Jalordon on February 19, 2020, 12:32:12 PM
The practicality of this request is to allow painstopper implant equipped and/or drugged up pawns to be more useful since they currently can die to a plethora of limb damage, and while I haven't tested it, they may ironically be more durable if they lose limbs because it would remove injuries that affect their health stat.

But Barbarians are supposed to die when they stop raging!