Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jalordon

Quote from: LWM on February 19, 2020, 02:05:32 PM

But Barbarians are supposed to die when they stop raging!

If the pawns are still on go juice or a similar drug, or have a painstopper, their analogue to rage hasn't ended.

I'm not sure if it would make it too complicated to make it so pain and actual damage both combine to form the pawn's overall health stat instead of what it currently is, and that they could die from extreme pain combined with what would currently be considered fatal wounds.

LWM

Oh, yeah, that makes a lot of sense.  OTOH, so does not realizing how badly hurt you are b/c painstopper.

But I actually really like the idea.  I think the way to handle it is probably through modifying the hediff for each of these things?  And yes, you'd have to patch the dying code - and make an extra check when the hediff ends.  Maybe someone who has already looked at that section of code might take this up?

Anarcraft

The trade screen could have "<$" and ">$" buttons to "buy max" "sell max" as much as the buyer can afford, in silver, just like the "<M" and ">M" buttons for "add max mass" and "remove max mass" in caravan interface.

TrashMan

Roll all of the best QoL mods into core.

Turn on/Off, Vein miner, RimHUD, colon coded colonists bars, etc.

Also, weapon/gear limitation based on other gear (example - some weapon may require exoskeleton/power armor to wield)

lugaruclone

Make a quick and dirty Storyteller with the DLC art who focuses on quests. I made a post elsewhere about this.

Also: more layers for pawns so we can mix and match eyes, mouths and stuff like we do with hair. Also give us a body layer and face layer for 'tattoo' so modders can make makeup, war paint, tattoos, scars, body paint or anything else that would make characters look super unique.

Lumberfoots

Make it so pawns with high passion in a a skill can still use that skill when they have a title (Royalty). Why give up something you like doing just because your a baron right.

lugaruclone

Create a fuel category, most flamable things are fuel.

Generators, camp fires, stoves and require fuel and have a drop down where you can remove certain things like clothes, fabric, food, chemfuel, etc.

RicRider

Allow us to export a mod list from Steam to load into a mod list on the DRM free version. We would still be responsible for actually copy pasting the mods into the right folders, but the point is to make it a lot simpler to test mods on Steam and then import that list in the correct order onto our DRM free version.

Related to this idea, maybe have some kind of a RimWorld Manager, that lets us manage multiple copies of the game for different versions. So one RimWorld Manager that would let me load any of the games I have going on from the same program, like a B18 Medieval colony, a B19 Rimatomics colony and a 1.1 Royalty colony, all loading mods from the same pool of mods into the right version, of the right game, with the right mods.

I can think of more ideas to make avoiding Steam easier for people if you like these ideas.
##Coding Scrub##

SpaceDorf

Use of the Keyboard to move the selection bar between Mods in the Modlist.

Cursors, PageUp and Down, Top, Bottom. Enter or Space to Select/Deselect.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Kirby23590

My cheap idea...

Since the Empire pawns have good skills and disallowed traits like the brawler for ranged pawn types...

Give some of this to the raiders in vanilla, like the Mercenary Snipers where they won't spawn with the brawler trait or no Wimp traits for the ancient soldiers. Heck, give some of them like the Man in black 6 or 13 shooting skills and 6 to 10 medicine skills!

:D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

TrashMan

- make steel and metals not burnable
- fix surgery
- add embrasures, but more balanced ones. If they have big openings to shoot from, smaller animals/insects should be able to climb trough. Also, if they are not part of a room/bunker (thus, no roof), pawns should be abelto climb over.
- add item equip limits by other apparel type (minigun requires the pawn to have power armor, etc..)
- add variables to AI colonies (walth, defenses, population) and have them react properly to those. A colony with low pop won't send raids until they recover.

JaJe

Make extreme fog weather that makes all fire weapon useless due to lack of sight and forcing pawns into melee combat.
I ate without a table and I liked it.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: JaJe on March 11, 2020, 09:27:34 AM
Make extreme fog weather that makes all fire weapon useless due to lack of sight and forcing pawns into melee combat.

oh, I like that one.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

LWM

Maybe the fog doesn't block whatever radar the turrets use?

Alenerel

Since this topic is obsolete, I wanna ask where to post balance issues in 1.1. Since I get mostly insect and mechanoid stuff, the oportunity to recruit people has greatly decreased. I have been 4 years already with only 6 guys, the starting 5 and the rebel one from the quest.

Most quests give me stuff I dont care about, there is no motivation for me to risk my pawns for 5 hyperweave or 100 syntread... I would risk for mech serums tho... This is specially true for rebel playstyle since I dont want favor.

Also Im still waiting to buy huskies from a vendor... Not a single one had them