Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lunaticdesign

Priority zones.

Something like stockpiles but instead of a place for your colonials to haul things they prioritize anything in the highlighted area. If it's a blue print they build it, trees you've marked for cutting they cut it, junk you highlighted to be hauled they haul it, etc. That way instead of having to delete all of your stockpiles, and dumping sights and then switching everyone over to hauling to clear out that patch of boulders the raiders keep using for cover or having to camp on your colonists and micromanage them you highlight and set them to work.

ParagonTerminus

-Water-proof lamps and batteries (more expensive, but more efficient)

-Landmines

-Switches (can turn power on or off to blast doors)

-Blast doors (operatable only by switches)

-Trenches (like sandbags, but less effective)

-Lightning rod (to keep that pesky lightning away from all your valuable buildings)

-Motion sensor alarm (automatically causes all nearby colonists to attack a hostile that triggers the alarm)
Hi there! I hail from the Sky9, FTL, and Katawa Shoujo forums, so if you're on any of those, I (might) know you.

Now carry along, I'm sure the guy below me has something interesting and contributive to say.

bjo0rn

• One-way door - As an option on existing doors.
  • Window - Lets sunlight in. Day-time alternative to lights. (already suggested)
  • Watch Tower - Provides extra shooting range but offer no protection.

Nasikabatrachus

I'd really appreciate it if we could somehow place things like tables and chairs over power conduits; it just makes sense that they could coexist on the same tile, and this change would make slightly more compact colony layouts viable.

bjo0rn

Quote from: Nasikabatrachus on July 18, 2014, 07:53:00 PM
I'd really appreciate it if we could somehow place things like tables and chairs over power conduits; it just makes sense that they could coexist on the same tile, and this change would make slightly more compact colony layouts viable.
Good suggestion! This has been my frustration too.

Cylume

On the matter of Hunger...

Firstly. I was thinking, perhaps those people that are starving could have their body shape become thinner.

Secondly. Perhaps those people that are generated naturally overweight could take longer till they reach starvation.

Lastly. Simple, Fine and Lavish meals could contribute to weight gain. The later contributing the most.

jeffehboy

*Remove floor*

Add ability to remove floors back to dirt or grass or whatever, or build dirt tiles. As my game progresses, my base layout changes, and I want to remove a building, but the floor that I put down can't be removed and looks awful. I want to be able to remove the floor and let the grass grow back.

Jane Doe Chainsaw

I know some of these have been suggested prior to me, but if I mention them, consider it a "I like this idea too!"

• Underground power conduit.
  • Less than lethal weapons to take down invaders. Like stun guns, or a blackjack. Rubber bullet shotguns maybe? Stun grenades?
  • Ceiling lights or wall lights to unclutter the floors.
  • Trenches that act much like sandbags
  • The ability to hotkey colonist, so if I have my go-to team of defenders I can select F1-F8 (for instance) and set them up, or easily select them to retreat from combat.
  • Initial customization options for your first three colonist. A hair selector, body type selector, and a gender selector. Nothing that would affect gameplay, like stats or traits, just visual changes. (I would love a system in place that would let you change the colonist's looks as you play, like a barber, but I know that would be a little more complicated and a "down the line" thing).
  • Idle colonist sit and talk to each other or something of the like. I find it strange that colonist will wander around aimlessly instead of taking a load off and relaxing in the mess hall, waiting for a job to come up.

Well, that's all I've got for now.

-J.D.C.
-J.D.C.

Xizzzy

Tweaks with behavior

When I have frag grenades my character sits like a dingus waiting for it to explode leaving them open to fire from the enemy (mechanoids lately) no matter how much I spam take cover they do not listen. Perhaps let them run out timer to throw then once the grenade is airborne I see no reason to retain them there any longer since nobody in their right mind throws a grenade and then waits patiently for return fire.

Combat Zone - Designate a zone where colonists who aren't drafted will not go because death and you said its a no-no zone.

Give orders - Go to bed, get something to eat, feed this person

Priorities list - when we give people things to do they sometimes just give us the finger and go off on their own give them a hard list they go through in order
"What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
"You ask a glass of water."

Enrymion

Add a half speed option.

Let me zoom-in at least twice as much.

Add hunting bills to somewhere like butcher's table (or some other way to more easily order animals to be hunted)

Add a stop bleeding order (or make sleeping spot require some resource since if someone's bleeding but I don't have time to take them back to their room I can just make a sleeping spot next to them to stop them from dying)

Let me temporarily take a prisoner even if I don't have bed for one by making the captor guard/carry him until I make one. Or just let me pick up and drop incapacitated people wherever.

Add a tutor for how power works, the existing reminder about having a unpowered structure doesn't actually explain it at all. If someone has a working power source and has a unpowered structure for a while it might be a good idea to explain how you need to have powerline or powersource within 5 tiles of a structure to power it.

Stone door, non-conductive, inflammable, strong and requires electricity to be opened(slower than a wood door and without power might as well be wall).

krockobil

I think there needs to be more variation in the raids, like easy things!

* Raider has chance to start with single shot RPG that he shoots on 1sqm walls in homezone to breach walled areas.

* Raider has chance to spawn suicide bomb raider that try to kill your men (needs to be taken out before reaching base.) in variation to the mortal raid..

* Raider has chance to start with good mele weapons like machete, baseballbat etc.

* Raider has chance to spawn with a carrying shield that others take cover behind.

krockobil

i've another cheap idea that would make things better.
If characters with doctor 5+ could heal other ppl when no raid is active with med pack.
(to make it balanced)

ParagonTerminus

Quote from: krockobil on July 20, 2014, 12:50:38 PM
i've another cheap idea that would make things better.
If characters with doctor 5+ could heal other ppl when no raid is active with med pack.
(to make it balanced)

The medicine trait is in there for this reason, and they're gonna implement healing later on.
Hi there! I hail from the Sky9, FTL, and Katawa Shoujo forums, so if you're on any of those, I (might) know you.

Now carry along, I'm sure the guy below me has something interesting and contributive to say.

Nos37

+ I think that Plant Cutting and Hauling (and maybe Cleaning) should have Melee as their relevant/governing skill.
-- It would make sense to have a stronger colonist be better/faster at these tasks,
-- and for colonists to increase their strength by felling trees and hauling objects.
-- It would also make the Melee skill more desirable than it currently is.

+ I've noticed that Silver beamed down from Trade Ships only stack as high as 75 instead of 400.
-- This wastes precious trading space.
-- Just to get the Silver fully stacked I would have to order my colonists to move the Silver somewhere else and then back.
-- I would much appreciate a fix for that. =)

+ Love the game so far...  =D  Keep up the awesome work!

bjo0rn

Quote from: Nos37 on July 20, 2014, 10:05:08 PM
- I think that Plant Cutting, Hauling, and Cleaning should have Melee as their relevant skill. It would make sense to have a stronger colonist be better/faster at these tasks...
- I've noticed that Silver beamed down from Trade Ships only stack as high as 75 instead of 400. This wastes my trading space and I have to have my colonists move the Silver somewhere else and then back just to get the Silver fully stacked. I would much appreciate a fix for that.
- Love the game so far...  =D Keep up the great work!
Melee for plant cutting makes sense for cutting down trees, yes, but not for flowers, berries, potatoes, etc.
I agree that silver tend to waste space in the trading beacon. If possible, it should drop as a single stack.