Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5lood237

Make it possible to uninstall and reinstall moisture pumps.

Murphy13

Reduce the mood debuff for losing a relative when a pawn has very many relatives of that type (10+ siblings or children).

Anarcraft

Enemies should be able to rescue their own when fleeing.  This would add more depth to battles and harder to get prisoners.

Anarcraft

When a noble gives a throne speech, if they have a spouse with a meditation throne in the same room, they should sit on their throne while their spouse gives a speech.

Anarcraft

People often make a very "cheesy" 1x3 room and put their stove in it to have an almost always clean room.  IRL you would never do this and the room is very constrained, blocking all sides of the stove with walls, you have to stand in the door.  This could easily be fixed by adding a work speed penalty if the room is too small (a certain size or smaller).

Hellcat_9

Lock some of the starship researches like the JT drive under techprints. Perhaps starflight sensors, machine persuasion and ship reactor as well, or maybe just everything beyond starflight basics. Just because it seems odd to be able to just re-invent the warp drive without a little help

Hellcat_9

Also, perhaps a version of the psychic harmonizer, but rather than projecting the mood of the pawn to other pawns nearby, the moods of the pawns nearby project their moods to the pawn who has it. I call it, the psychic empathizer. Useful for those pawns that always get the back of life's hand.

Perhaps also handy for those wishing to play as a hivemind (me basically)

Prologue

Currently captured prisoners are taken to a random empty prisoner bed. When you have multiple places where prisoners can sleep this may result in freshly captured (and often wounded) prisoners getting moved around to every corner of my colony. I have some methods to prevent this from happening such as not allowing specific doors, but when there are multiple beds in one room this can still lead to issues. It would be nice if they were taken to the closest available sleeping spot be default, that way you can simply make a dedicated room for freshly captured prisoners close to the defensive perimeter of your colony. This would make prisoner sorting a lot more easy and prevents unnecessary deaths.

Prologue

Make it possible to forbid the usage of beds, since this is not yet a feature and makes some management issues more easy.

Prologue

I would like to see weapons being added to the outfit restrictions in the assign menu. Currently you can manage all allowed gear automatically, but you have to micro adjust each pawns weapons, which they also some times lose. Never really understood why this was not yet implemented as feature.

Anarcraft

When calling a shuttle, it should have to fly across the world map to you from the nearest Empire base and then take you across the world map to your destination.

lunaticneko

Decorations & UI & QoL

Many features, yes, but individually each is cheap and do not affect gameplay.

* Signs made by art system, but you can set the text. The text balloon pops up as you mouse-over (without clicking).
* If an empty shelf or small container has only one allowed item/category, show a "ghost" of that item/category.
* "Hammer" a wall corner into a curved (circular) or cut a small 45-degree angle. Aesthetic only. Does not affect health or any other stat. Wall must be full health before such modification.
* Half-grid placement so you can place, e.g. a one-tile small throne in the middle of a two-tile carpet. Both tiles the throne straddle on will be unavailable to any other object.
* Separate planning brushes into walls, floors, and objects similar to Prison Architect.
* Different/broken power nets have different colors, also similar to Prison Architect.
* If possible: in-place replacement function, so you can replace a bed by a better one. The original and the replacement item must have the same dimensions.
* Pawns about to die (80%+ disease/infection, less than 10% HP overall, less than 10% HP in critical organs, or less than 3 hours of blood left) should have a skull or a grim reaper on the pawn bar. This does not include vegetative state pawns (near-dead brains but still alive).
* Ability to toggle "linkable coverage" visibility, such as coverage of bedroom furniture.

Above ideas do NOT affect any gameplay or mechanic balance.

Next is my own idea that affects gameplay:

* Idiotproof door. Only pawns and advanced-intelligence animals THAT HAVE HANDS/ARMS with at least 30% manipulation can open it. Upside: No more boomalopes in fuel rooms. Downside: Broken-arm redditors cannot open the door.

LWM

Quote from: Prologue on November 20, 2020, 11:30:58 AM
Currently captured prisoners are taken to a random empty prisoner bed. When you have multiple places where prisoners can sleep this may result in freshly captured (and often wounded) prisoners getting moved around to every corner of my colony.

You can mark prisoner beds as Hospital beds as well - this can be a really helpful way to specify where wounded prisoners are taken!

ItsNotDenon

Radio or Tube TV occasionally has a pop up telling you what your previous colonists that you launched into space with empire etc are up to

Bigdestyn

make the game 20 dollars, cause thats its value.