Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nasikabatrachus

This is one of those things which I can only assume is cheap, though I have no idea what it would take, but it would be nice if pawns had some kind of bias against sharing a tile. I often find myself scratching my head when I zoom out from my colony to find a particular colonist, only to realize that they are being occluded by a colonist on the same tile as them. I also would like it if hostile pawns would obstruct each other's movement. It feels unfair that a dozen enemies should be able to run right past one of my colonists standing in a doorway without any kind of resistance or movement penalty.

This is probably much more expensive than I think, but it probably doesn't deserve its own thread. It's just a pet peeve.

powman898

Medieval armor and weapons

Pirx Danford

I would love an option to have stones that are dropped when miners mine their tunnels to be automatically marked for hauling.

Fruit loops

this has probably been lested many times but I am gonna say it again

combat zone (may only work in a few situations) so you know how you have home zone that's where the people clean and put out fires and such how about a zone for when a colonist is drafted or a hostile is in the zone that the colonists cant go in it doesn't matter if fire or its the only way to get food or some thing like that for instance I have a killbox everybody shoots from behind sandbags and there is also turrets if a colonist walks I  there for some reason he's almost always dead from friendly fire or a hostile killing him cause he has no cover so I was thinking you could put that zone in the killbox or other areas and when their drafted or there is a hostile in the zone the colonist cant under any circumstances go in it other than if the player manualy tells him to I don't know if this is the cheapest idea but I thought it would maybe take a day idk im not a dev but I would really like if this was implemented
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

ApexPredator

My idea is the opposite of fruit loops
An alarm mode that makes all non-drafted colonists go to a set area similar to a stockpile zone and they can eat/sleep work with in this area but not leave unless drafted. In a large colony it is crazy managing a fight, workers that cannot fight wandering into battles to work, replace drafted units that are low on sleep/food, those undrafted units that you undrafted so they would go eat decide to wander around forcing you to draft them and make them stand where you want until the sleep/hunger become a major issue.

Ednac

When you disassemble mechanoids,  it gives you the weapon they had (other than minigun) such as heavy charge blaster and charge lance.

Xizzzy

- Assign people to specific zones for hauling
- Assignments (Tacos go complete geothermal generator then cook 12 lavish meals then etc..)
- help construction colonists not build themselves into walls when cooperating on a project
- End reserving tasks and allow multiple people to work on the same thing (like fire)
- Fire extinguisher
- Multiple options for hauling (haul all, haul x, haul targeted)
- Gear screen for colonists
- Mental health overview for colonists
- Assigned Stations (Tacos' Cookstove, Madam's Mortar)
- Battlestations (universal alarm you can sound that will switch selected colonists into battle ready mode or send them to strategic pre-planned locations or a team of firefighters to a specific zone it can be used for other applications as well make it broad and useful)
- Jobs / Teams (assign profile teams for cooking, growing, crafting, with on/off toggles)
- Organize the colonist list (needs numbers, order from first contact to latest no matter what happens or who leaves and comes back)
- Team screen (who is on what team, who are the cooks, cleaners, order a whole team to work on a selected zone until no more work is available)
"What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
"You ask a glass of water."

ApexPredator

I think something like this has been suggested before but this is a huge thread so… Make a hospital bed option, similar to prison bed but it is where incapacitated people are taken. Also add an option to rescue downed friendly tribes people instead of capture them. If you rescue a friendly tribes person and bring them back to health, when they are able to move around they walk off the map to go home and you get a little boost to your relationship with that tribe.

TrashMan

Fridge (or as one mod added - serving table)
Keeps the food from spoiling (or slows down decay significantly)

Somz

Quote from: TrashMan on July 28, 2014, 07:04:12 AM
Fridge (or as one mod added - serving table)
Keeps the food from spoiling (or slows down decay significantly)

Don't know how it would be possible, a place like equipment rack for meals is easy but how fast it spoils depends on the Def of the meal:

<ThingDef ParentName="MealBase">
      <defName>MealFine</defName>
      <label>Fine meal</label>
      <description>A complex dish assembed with care from a wide selection of ingredients.</description>
      <texturePath>Things/Item/Meal/Fine</texturePath>
      <food>
         <quality>MealFine</quality>
         <nutrition>90</nutrition>
         <eatenDirectThought>AteFineMeal</eatenDirectThought>
         <eatEffect>EatVegetarian</eatEffect>
         <ticksBeforeSpoil>80000</ticksBeforeSpoil>          <<<it is the indicated
      <soundEat>Meal_Eat</soundEat>                                                 time before the
    </food>                                                                                          meal disappears.
   </ThingDef>

You can change this value if you wish, (Rimworld#/Mods/Core/Defs/ThingDefs/Items_Meals.xml)
but for another item to change the meal's value...

Maybe if the 'fridge' would destroy the item and create a similar with different a value...
I don't think it's the "cheapest" idea. ^^

Nearly forgot: My idea (for now) would be a temporary "raid rebalance" "solution" against the 300+ raids late-games: A 3x3 super mega ultimate deathstructor turret (or something similar, you could always change the name if you want to ;3 ) that would be extra expensive and draw a lotta power (thus mostly usable late-game) but would have long range and could kill a few in a shot.
Easier than re-balancing everything, isn't it? No? Okay.
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

reminder

Hats. Seriously, it's half as fun to play a space cowboy without them.

vagineer1

Quote from: reminder on July 29, 2014, 11:57:14 AM

A Space Cowboy Bounty Hunter?
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

reminder

Quote from: vagineer1 on July 29, 2014, 01:01:43 PM
Quote from: reminder on July 29, 2014, 11:57:14 AM

A Space Cowboy Bounty Hunter?

Thinking Bebop or someone else?

Also, wanted to add that they could function as haircuts so that should be really easy to do. Just as long as they're there.

Another suggestion - knives. But I assume it's been mentioned already.

Shinzy

Quote from: reminder on July 29, 2014, 04:31:04 PM
Also, wanted to add that they could function as haircuts so that should be really easy to do. Just as long as they're there.

I'm about to rock your world mister!

Quote from: Rimworld ChangelogJuly 21
Hooked in some hats to spawn in-game.

I'm pretty sure they'll be overriding the hair layer
but there will be hats!

reminder

Quote from: Shinzy on July 29, 2014, 05:31:22 PM
Quote from: reminder on July 29, 2014, 04:31:04 PM

I'm about to rock your world mister!

Quote from: Rimworld ChangelogJuly 21
Hooked in some hats to spawn in-game.

I'm pretty sure they'll be overriding the hair layer
but there will be hats!

Grreat! If they were equippable, would be even better, but this is cool enough even if they work as hair.