Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorFordson

Nutrient paste dispenser should not suffer from "canibalism". There is no way colonists should be upset that they loaded human meat into a machine that completely breaks down foodstuff into a nutrient gruel. Would make it more useful.

stefanstr

Quote from: MajorFordson on August 24, 2014, 01:22:23 AM
Nutrient paste dispenser should not suffer from "canibalism". There is no way colonists should be upset that they loaded human meat into a machine that completely breaks down foodstuff into a nutrient gruel. Would make it more useful.

I’m not so sure about it. I would be disgusted by the thought that the gruel I am eating has been made from human flesh - no matter how preprocessed.

On topic: wooden fence - same characteristics as sandbag but made from wood. With possible additional improvement that animals cannot cross it.

Ykara

Painkillers would be awesome.

Sorin Braveheart

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before but it would be nice if i can change floors rather than them being permanent.
Stare into my eyes and be taken to another world.

Stare into my eyes and see the world for what it is.

Stare into my eyes and know when all shall fall.

Clayton

You can build over them, man.

Sorin Braveheart

Quote from: Clayton on August 25, 2014, 02:06:43 PM
You can build over them, man.
Well for some reason i can't change the floors i built so it may be a bug of some sort.
Stare into my eyes and be taken to another world.

Stare into my eyes and see the world for what it is.

Stare into my eyes and know when all shall fall.

Matthiasagreen

Please make an override option when you are asking someone to do something and someone else has reserved it.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

MoparGamer

A counter beside your mouse that tells you the dimensions of whatever your building (So you can build large rooms without having to count distance)

Example with only one dimension:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gp8b733zrnp3rb4/Counter.png?dl=0

Haplo

Float menus for colonists:
-Go eating
-Go sleeping

twobias

Keyboard shortcuts for the Architect Menu

I would love to see keyboard shortcuts for all the things done via the bottom left-menu, so that I can e.g. switch between giving mining orders and placing growing zones only using the mouse for actually clicking the map.

As I understand the interface currently I can use [tab] top open the menu, and I can use a number of single letters to access individual options (e.g. 'turret'( in one of the sub menus (such as e.g. 'security') - but there is no way to select the individual menus.

I see three cheap solutions possible:
1) Add keyboard shortcuts for all the different sub-menus (e.g. 'ALT+S' for 'security')
2) Make some button cycle through the sub menus - I would suggest making [TAB] do this once the menu has been opened. SHIFT-TAB would then logically cycle backwards.
3) (my personal preference - but might require more planning) - make all the shortcuts for individual orders (e.g. 'turret') unique, so that they can work even if the correct menu/submenu is not currently open.

king komodo

Quote from: twobias on August 27, 2014, 10:07:49 AM

I would love to see keyboard shortcuts for all the things done via the bottom left-menu, so that I can e.g. switch between giving mining orders and placing growing zones only using the mouse for actually clicking the map.

As I understand the interface currently I can use [tab] top open the menu, and I can use a number of single letters to access individual options (e.g. 'turret'( in one of the sub menus (such as e.g. 'security') - but there is no way to select the individual menus.

1) Add keyboard shortcuts for all the different sub-menus (e.g. 'ALT+S' for 'security')
2) Make some button cycle through the sub menus - I would suggest making [TAB] do this once the menu has been opened. SHIFT-TAB would then logically cycle backwards.
3) (my personal preference - but might require more planning) - make all the shortcuts for individual orders (e.g. 'turret') unique, so that they can work even if the correct menu/submenu is not currently open.

There are shortcuts they're just not quite as easy to find from the start (they're on the boxes) If I recall correctly M is the mining shortcut key.

twobias

Quote from: king komodo on August 27, 2014, 01:41:20 PM
Quote from: twobias on August 27, 2014, 10:07:49 AM

There are shortcuts they're just not quite as easy to find from the start (they're on the boxes) If I recall correctly M is the mining shortcut key.

I know. My issue is that those shortcuts only work if you first open the correct submenu..

[m] for mine works only if you first open the 'orders' menu, for instance.

Franfrancehs

Colonist aging
Child Birth

FreedomFighters

New Traits:
Vegan: Only Eats Plants
Meat Lover: Mood boost from eating meat
Socialite: Social Talk Mood Boost Increased
Casanova: Social Talk Mood Boost Increased Drastically to the Opposite Gender
Loner: Social Talk Mood Boost Decreased
Sadist: Does not care if people die but people are disturbed at lack of emotion
Achiever: Feels good if idle after completing a work
Pyrrhic: Feels sorrow even after completing a work
Mechanoid Lover: Feels sorrow if attacking Mechanoids
Technophobic: Feels good if attacking Mechanoids

king komodo

I know this has been suggested before but it does seem more feasible now.

Pets, you nurse an incapacitated animal back to full health which then becomes attached (percentage based) to that person but there are limitations also as I can see 2 people with an army of boomrats being OP.

First off a limit on how many per colonist based on the animals size so small animals like boom rats and squirrels can have 2 per colonist (maybe 3 in the case of squirrels) and larger animals such as deer and Muffalo's can only be 1 to a colonist.

Second "pain" thresholds that work like the mental break thresholds. Again larger animals have higher, smaller have lower and in order of highest to lowest of animals I've seen; Muffalo, deer, squirrel, boomrat. With booomrats and squirrels once they reach that threshold they run away to never return. The larger animals will attempt to return to their owner.

And finally larger animals such as muffalo's and deer can carry items (such as food) but only if it's been packed onto them by their "owners" and are only able to carry so much (muffalos around 100 units of food with deer only carrying about 25)