Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terramorphus

Terramorphus

Drahkon

Here's one. Thrown weapons like molotovs, but instead of starting fires - glue/grease/whatever to slow them down.

Wex

Bionic implants. Not upgrades. So If you have a surgeon (medicine 10+) and the right research done, you can give the leg back to the colonist that lost it. Or the arm; or you could reduce brain damage. Having useless colonist die of starvation is quite sad.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

EnderWigin

Add ability to set colony to ALERT mode - civilian colonists will be allowed to move only on home region zone. Even better - add separate to home region 'safe zone' marker.

Serge

Easy to program:  Quick selecting of multiple colonists

Like in many RTS games, select a few colonists, press Ctrl+<number> to make a quick selection hotkey for these colonists.

Example situation:
Raiders landed nearby and plan to siege your colony. You click the link in the warning message and take a look. You see the raiders and press for example 5, to select all your snipers and tell them to move to the raiders position.
No more need to search the entire colony for all the snipers :)

Not sure if it's mentioned before though. If it is, Sorry!

spleendamage

Basic information overlays:
Work just like zones, but you can toggle them on off, so you don't have to mouse-over every square on the map to see the values (different values expressed with different colors)

I can only think of a few just now
- Soil type
- Roof type
- Environment quality
- Walk speed (of the terrain)

Wex

Ok. Alpha 7 has a quick machine learning. We already have vat grown soldiers. That means the "vat" to grow them exist in Rimworld galaxy.
What about "Vat grown colonist"? They could be programmed not only to shoot people!
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

errorship

How about two separate "crops are gone" events with one just affecting hydroponic crops? Or maybe make the crop event only affect X% of outdoor crops? It would give outside farms a bit of a pro compared to indoor farms and it would maintain the severity of the event if all you had were hydroponics.

Not sure how feasible this is since I haven't looked at the event code, but I think it would add some flavor to the crop blight event.

discogeek

The ability to set an anchor point to one location on the map.  Then a button somewhere on the UI that if you click it, it'll teleport your camera view back to that location.  (I'm always having to scroll all the way out to find my base after jumping to an event location.)

Emsaic

To make it so if you click to build something, it builds it out of the default material, and you have to change the material by right clicking.

EarthyTurtle

Towl3r

Robot Mechtoid Slaves.

Example a Syther gets killed, then a colonist who has a high enough, building skill can attempt to repair it at a Bench, and attempt to insert a ship AI to "re-program" it to be friendly.

It can then roam about the base protecting you from baddies, have customizable weapons (Attach, detach weapons) and clean up dirty area in the home areas.

EarthyTurtle

How about the ability to give some of your guys a day off work?
It would be especially useful for those going through psych drones, or some people who are just generally on the verge of mental break. Additionally being assigned time off would make them happier, give them a break day. The effect could be amplified if it's someone's birthday.