Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesleyJohnson

Quote from: Goeshi on November 05, 2013, 09:43:58 AM
Quote from: WesleyJohnson on November 05, 2013, 09:25:23 AM
  • I'd like to be able to haul raider bodies. If this is possible, it's not obvious enough how to accomplish it.

Click the raider body, unselect the 'forbidden' check box in the bottom left, then you can haul as usual.

I could've sworn I did this and it never worked, but maybe I had hauling too low of a priority or something. Or maybe I didn't mark them as needing hauled. That's probably it. Thanks!

OCAdam

I think I read through all the posts so far in this thread, so hopefully this idea won't be a simple repeat of what others have already said. If not, well... guess that's a +1 to the idea from me.

Worn weapon versions: take every weapon currently in the game and duplicate it, but give the weapon decreased accuracy (maybe 2-3x the spread), as well as a slower fire rate (depending on the type of weapon). Weapon value would also decrease, but damage nor range should be affected.

Goeshi

Quote from: WesleyJohnson on November 05, 2013, 09:50:36 AM
I could've sworn I did this and it never worked, but maybe I had hauling too low of a priority or something. Or maybe I didn't mark them as needing hauled. That's probably it. Thanks!
Make sure you've un-forbidden the raider corpse, and not just his/her weapon (which is usually lying on top of them and is selected first by default). I found this difficult for a while, dragging a box over them usually helps as it selects everything.

Can i also add a +1 for a zombie event (mentioned somewhere). All buried corpses rise from the dead with very low health. Burning your dead is the only way to avoid this.

Peng Qi

More important: Make sure you have a place to haul the corpse to; either a grave or a dumping area with "strangers' corpses" checked as a valid dumping item.

Lonners

Sunglasses. Shades. DEAL WITH IT shades.

Putting different sunglasses on different people makes them stand out.

Potentially even research them - or claim them from fallen enemies. There's nothing quite like cool looking stuff. And what's cooler than sunglasses?
[could use a colour picker to customise]

Greski09

Quote from: DeltaV on November 05, 2013, 09:50:03 AM
Pesticide: New research topic. When researched, makes boomrats and squirrels less likely to eat your crops. If they do eat them, they take damage over time.

Yes, please give us SOMETHING to kill boomrats. Or I'm just going to hunt them all from the beginning and remove them from my maps.

WesleyJohnson

Quote from: Peng Qi on November 05, 2013, 11:21:40 AM
More important: Make sure you have a place to haul the corpse to; either a grave or a dumping area with "strangers' corpses" checked as a valid dumping item.

Thanks, this was it. I didn't have a place to put them!

Wittmann

Make raider bodies default haul-able, I don't like having to click on them and hit F, sometimes I forget and then the mental breakdowns loom :P

Evul

Possibility to remove floor tiles.

mr_gant

Allow ordering multiple drafted colonists to attack the same target. Currently it looks like you can only have them all move to one spot, but if you want them all to attack the same guy, it takes 3*n clicks and makes battles super tedious.

Littlemule

I thought that having an old ruined colony with maybe some collectable metal/food or even an old gun and maybe some skeletons to emphasis the point that this was a failure (and what could ultimately happen to you too ;) would be cool.

Just my two cents worth :P

p.s. having fun with the current release

Lochar

My first post and I apologize this was first topic I hit and really love what this game offers and while I can make a ton of suggestions of what I would love to see, I will keep it simple. As I dont code , I am not sure of the 'difficulty' of some.

1. Moving objects instead of selling and rebuilding.
2. Single cell dump piles or at least column made ones. ( i've noticed the raiders use these as a defensive barrier reducing accuracy to hit them. I would like to do the same as they seem to be stronger than sandbags. Also they do reduce speed so a line of them covering any exits would allow me to try to place them slowing raiders escaping hopefully)
3. This one might be a bit harder but get annoyed with a useless noble who cant even sweep the dang floors. If they come as a slave or a prisoner, would like a way to 'rehabilitate' them for some minor work efforts.
4. Run power thru rock instead of having to replace with walls. Possibly at a half cost than a wall.
5. Make squirrels and boomrats toggable as an enemy so I can set up guards to keep them out of harvests.
6. Auto Lights - for outdoors when its daylight they turn off and possible sensors for indoors so rooms that are empty will shut off lights.
7. Attack ranges showing on players when drafted instead of clicking on weapon. Possibly toggable with a hotkey.
8. Gibbet (spell that right?) cages. Dont seem to really hit the raiders all that much, possibly more fear factor, altho dont want this universal so my characters take a bad fear hit everytime they haul nearby.
9. Firepit or some disposable means of getting rid of corpses. I currently have a literal wall of graves from raiders. Would rather have graves for my colonists and a way without leaving the bodys in a dump box of just staying there, possibly same for critters.
10. Flashlights - either a equipment rack for them so can swap out weapon when need to move in dark or able to carry as well as a weapon and still function. Would at least nullify dark penalty when moving past colony at night.

I realize this is still early alpha version and yet have enjoyed the game immensely. I have a ton more to suggest but will start looking to see whats planned before I add anymore, I am sure 10 was enough for now :)

Renham

Traps:

-iron star: star shaped pieces of still that are hidden in the ground, provoking damage on the enemy and slowing them down.

-magnetic plate: a heavy place with a very strong magnet, will make the enemy slow down and a longer delay between bursts.

-landmine: a traditional mine, can provoke a chain reaction, and become useless during solar flares, even may blow up.

-pit: a hole in the ground covered with leaves and dirt, will stun an enemy for 10 seconds, friendly may fall too.

Buildings:
-Medivac: will heal a character faster than a bed, meanwhile they will not need food or rest, may fully heal in just a day.

-fixed machinegun: will requiere the control of a character, depending on its shooting skill the performance of the gunner may vary.

-kitchen: a small kitchen like structure, than will allow a character to prepare meals for your crew.

-serving dispenser: will contain prepared meals so characters can take them from it.

-scraps recycle machine SRM: will recycle scrap metal into usable material.

-mounted drill: will extract mineral from the depths and throw it arround, also my drop scraps and rock.

-rock grinder: will destroy rocks, may extract small amounts of minerals.

-solar charged lampost: has solar energy cells that will save energy for long nights, do not requiere wires!

-fog lights: will lighten dark areas when foggy.

-biostabilizer: will expand green areas, making plants grow faster.

-reinforced wall: will resist an explosive blast, and may take longer tu burn down.

-fire resistant wall: as strong as a common wall, will not catch fire.

-fire prevention system: will release water when fire is in range, similar effect as rain over fire.

-reinforced cable: will not get cut as often as a common one.

-emp shield: will protect devices inside its area of effect from solar flares.

-large drop beacon: will auto pack resources when bought from traders.

-portable cell pod: can be used to restrain a captured enemy or traveler.

-self harvesting field: expensive and small, but wont requiere the attention of a farmer to produce.

-common pitt: will contain several bodies at once: 12.

-luxury grave: for those we will miss

-incinerator: the best at body disposal systems, will turn them into ashes... also some other kinds of garbage.

-meat extractor: will extract meat from hunted animals and produce raw food.
if you can imagine it I can build it with pixels.
if I cant well then imagine something else.

ShadowDragon8685

I'm not sure how cheap it would be or would not be, but...

I really do wish that my colonists prioritized corpse hauling over everything. As soon as a corpse is unforbidden, I want that thing in the ground so it'll stop traumatizing my poor people with the sight of it. I dunno how hard it would be to divorce the corpse-hauling behavior from other hauling, though.

Walls with gun-ports would be just swell. As often as squads of guys with guns rush at you in this game, some proper WWII pillbox action would be just keen.

Barbed wire would be great - it should slow people down, but not provide any cover. It'd be better than sandbag waffles, anyway. People should also be unable to stand in its square, so you can put barbed wire in front of your sandbag fighting positions - so the other guy can't use your own fortifications against you. Concertina wire could be an upgraded version of barbed wire, slows them down even more, may be makes them take damage while running through it.
Raiders must die!

Stormkiko

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the 19 pages ahead of me, but it seems like it should be very cheap.

Make dumps drag-zoned.

I noticed it when trying to fill in an oddly shaped area with debris. It would be much easier if the dumps weren't a fixed shape.