Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToXeye

Quote from: supruzr on July 28, 2014, 11:04:54 PMPerhaps this asymmetry is intentional, forcing the player not to turtle up. Perhaps this is meant to be encouragement to take the fight to the attacker.

I really like how the game forces the player to take command instead of just building and building. If you could build walls that can't be broken, you would not be able to receive any threats. So you are right.

*edited*
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

ToXeye

Idea
* Weather research station
* Using research skill for weather research
* Using weather station to increase accuracy of mortar (negates wind effect)
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

ToXeye

Different kinds of burst weapons: those that fire concentrated bursts and those that fire scattered bursts. I find that the M16 might be hard to hit with, making only 7 damage per shot.
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

Kelian

Please change cactus stats. They should be harvestable and not be negative beauty. I live in Texas and quite like my pincushion cacti :) This would be cheap and easy yes? Maybe have them have a similar texture after harvested to resemble the agave fruit?

ToXeye

* AI Decisions on whether or not to combine a food item with another food item stack. This is to preserve food. (either that or just make each item stack contain different items instead of averaging them out).
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

Kelian

A meat/meal refrigerator and freezer would be great. Tired of my lavish meals spoiling so fast!

ToXeye

A door comms console for controlling doors (opening and closing them, letting in or "I cannot do that dave").
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

BattleFalcon

A random number of factions for the world. Instead of always having 5, a random number between 3-7 would be nice.

Side note: This one might not qualify as a "cheap idea" but it's in the same sort of thing as the above one. Factions rise and fall. If new people land on the rimworld to settle down, you can choose to ally with them or not, and sometimes other factions just dissapear, and you get a yellow message like: The faction "Pilot's Mesa" has fallen due to, disease, raiders, rabid squirrels, etc.
Look for Cassandra "Cassie" Ryan ingame! That's me!

Wex

Quote from: BattleFalcon on November 10, 2014, 04:35:28 PM
A random number of factions for the world. Instead of always having 5, a random number between 3-7 would be nice.

Side note: This one might not qualify as a "cheap idea" but it's in the same sort of thing as the above one. Factions rise and fall. If new people land on the rimworld to settle down, you can choose to ally with them or not, and sometimes other factions just dissapear, and you get a yellow message like: The faction "Pilot's Mesa" has fallen due to, disease, raiders, rabid squirrels, etc.
I don't think it's a cheap idea but it will be a welcome change, if you turned too many factions into enemies. Also, a chanche to settle things when they are aggressives would be nice.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Kain21

Adding dusters to be tailored? it would be pretty cool

iomccoy

Different colors for beds?
Oh stars, the urple...

Cimanyd

Quote from: Kain21 on November 10, 2014, 09:01:21 PM
Adding dusters to be tailored? it would be pretty cool

Changelog, Oct 24:
  • All melee and neolithic weapons and most apparel are craftable now.
"Most apparel." I assume dusters and jackets will be craftable, but not, say, power armor.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

rdz1122

What about releasing a hotfix update for the "deselect all" option when setting up Zones?  I know it is a feature coming in Alpha 8, but having it now would be sweet!

Kelian

Colony banners and flags would be cheap to add. Maybe have a simple place holder texture with one color of banner for now, that we could later go crazy with. Different pirate, tribal and alliance/rebel themes for your colony you could customize? That'd be fun. Make it cost 2/3 wood, 1/3 cloth.

giannikampa

3 simple improvements:

- animals marked as "hunt" are unforbidden when die even if not killed by an hunter.

- left clicking on idle colonist on the right of the screen will select first idle colonist but not centre the view on him/her (useful for assigning people to mortars or defensive positions etc.), right clicking remains the same.

- possibility to order colonists to sleep and eat at player's will (right click on beds and food).

And one a little more complex: adding a new monster inspired from dune series, a worm that comes out from underground and eats corpses or eventually attaks alive persons/animals, only mouth is visible when it emerges and it does not move, it bites its pray and keeps it restrained and takes a bit to gobble, in this situation the worm's head is visible and vulnerable and marked as enemy, if attacked after some damage it never dies but just release its pray and burrows.

thanks.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english