Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gladdig_Kaga

The ability to mark a growing zone to be ignored without deleting it.

Having the option to floor a geyser over. I don't like it when they create asymmetry in my base.

Ink.

The ability to mark specific animals shoot-on-sight. Aka if you want to make it so that colonists always kill boom-rats.

stormykins

Here we go:

1. Lights on walls - It hurts my eyes when i have to place standing lamps on corridors and having standing lamps only seems a bit unrealistic when it comes to more advanced future technology.
2. Sensors on lights - you could turn the sensor on or off and it would make them lit only if somebody enters the room.
3. More floor patterns - just for decoration, because some people dream of having their colony be functional AND look nice. Those could be like: splitting the tile in half into 2 triangles (one darker) or checkered. Also having some different metal/wood/stone floor patterns would be great.
4. More carpet colors, like: http://www.onestopclassiccarparts.com/store/sc_images/Products/7158_image.gif. I know most of them are dull but for example dark navy blue is just great.
5. We got bartender backstory - how about implementing a bar and ability to make and import alcohol? Stressed guys could just go and have one, talk with the bartender a bit and chill.

Vaperius

Quote from: Gladdig_Kaga on December 19, 2014, 10:01:38 PM
The ability to mark a growing zone to be ignored without deleting it.

Having the option to floor a geyser over. I don't like it when they create asymmetry in my base.

This...please...PLEASE>>> PLEASEEEEEE
I remain Vigilant.

Safir

When you wanna' select where to land on the seeded world, a quick selection tool could highlight the available areas/tiles that fit the selection you've made. For instance, I want it to be mountainous and with a temperature that doesn't go above 15°C, and preferably really dry, and the map shows me which locations, if any, match my selection.

It'd make choosing a site much faster and give more time in-game. I think it'd be relatively fast to cook up seeing as all the information is available and it's just a UI add-on.

Safir

Doors can be locked to control the colonists movements, that's great, but it'd be equally nice to be able to mark doors as open. I mean, what is the reasoning behind visitors being able to freely open doors but raiders not? It should be either or. Either no outsiders can open the doors or everyone should be able to. The alternative is that the doors can be marked as open and be freely opened by anyone, marked neutral so that only colonists can open them, or locked so that no one can open them.

So three options for doors, open, colonist, locked.

Perhaps something extra for later on; Doors should start as colonist doors, but visitors from other settlements get angry if they can't enter the center of the area marked as the home zone and they may later become hostile as your standing with them drops as a result.

Ink.

Quote from: Safir on December 20, 2014, 11:24:44 AM
Doors can be locked to control the colonists movements, that's great, but it'd be equally nice to be able to mark doors as open. I mean, what is the reasoning behind visitors being able to freely open doors but raiders not? It should be either or. Either no outsiders can open the doors or everyone should be able to. The alternative is that the doors can be marked as open and be freely opened by anyone, marked neutral so that only colonists can open them, or locked so that no one can open them.

So three options for doors, open, colonist, locked.

A small expansion on that could be in the way that Prison Arch works. You know like, prisoners and visitors can open wooden doors no problem, but if it's a jail door they have to have someone come open it for them. This sort of thing where a colonist has to open a door to let some people enter could be good. For someone who wants to build airlocks and determined who can enter and who can't. This could be a new type of door with special properties.

Open - Anyone (minus raiders) will have the door opened for them.
Colonists - The doors will be opened only if a colonist requests to get in.
Locked - Nobody opens the doors for anyone.

Vaperius

New "Security" Door or Door Options to allow for advanced remote door control such as allowing raiders in but locking behind them; therefore allowing them to be trapped until the bust down the door. That or a security door that is somewhat more expensive, needs to be powered and researched to be built and would allow for door behavior controls.
I remain Vigilant.

Dreid

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I saw a hacker backstory somewhere or other. Perhaps have it so that the hacker can hack things such as the crashed ship part; having a reasonably low chance of hacking the mechanoids inside to move around as usual but not shoot colonists, or if you've been having a shit tonne of attacks and need time to prepare the ability to hack the ai persona which sends out a signal making people not want to stop by, disadvantage is that it scares away traders. Don't know if this is easy, but hopefully it can be implemented because I hate that ship part, especially when it sends hordes of boomrats after me.

amul

Quote from: kasimirtlw on December 19, 2014, 05:23:02 AM
-robot workshop  to build menial bots  ( cleaning bot , cutting bot, food processer to increase meal making,patol drone)

This is genius! A robot workshop that requires lots of steel. Then you can install an AI Personality Core into it! Robots could be colonists that can't make art, etc.

Plymouth

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I would like an ability to 'disassemble' clothes at Tailor's table.
Simply because sometimes you need to deal with all the parkas you've collected from your foes after a bloody winter.

Halinder

So, after scouring both areas of ancient cryptosleep pods on my map, I kind of miss their randomness. Perhaps we could have an event where a faulty drop pod enters the atmosphere, but doesn't actually open after crashing?

amul

* A pop up window when you open caskets attached to a random backstory generator. "According to the etchings on the permasteel plate next to the release lever, [this is/these are] the [POD_TYPE] of the [POD_SOURCE], originally commissioned for [ORGANIZATION], out of [STELLAR BODY]."

EG, "...This is the Escape Pod of the ISS Brently Scentworthy, originally commissioned for the Galactic Merchant Marines, out of Andromeda."

The pop-up window would give both a dramatic pause and hide the screen during the critter-spawning.

Xminor1

People who randomly join your colony have a piece of wood equipped. Helps for immersion, because the wood is supposed to represent a walking stick. This goes for some of the solitary faction encounters to, like Reisling Bacchus.
Kill All Humans!

I know that I exist... do you?

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Oga88

I agree that you it would be good if you would be able to ignore growing crops with out deleting the zone.

But I really wish for my colonist not to get sad about selling slaves, that would make my day.