Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mekintos

What about some water disaster events!
Flood or a giant tsunami wave, event which would cause really big mess on coastline.

ns9559

How about a cataract removal surgery. If the Romans could figure out how to remove cataracts I think these colonists could too. Of course without replacement corneal lenses the patient would not be able to see as well as they could before they had cataracts, but they would be able to see better than they did with the cataracts.

Wulfik

All branches of research tree should be fully visible so you know what you have to research in order to achieve something else.

mrofa

Mechanoids adapataion should add occasional resistance for EMP stun and not full proof protecion agains it, this makes the granades kinda pointless since mechanoids have tons of hp and emp granades have low range and preet long aim and cooldown times and of top of that its only usefull 2 times on a mechanoid...
All i do is clutter all around.

Berengar

autoattack for meele weapons!
At the moment there realy useless without..

Summin

different qualities for different weapons. for example one mini gun may have 1 extra damage, but another may have longer burst instead, don't forget negative effects could happen as well.

peterTX

How about wear and tear on Weapons and Apparel.

When an item breaks/wears out the colonist auto replaces the item (with exact replacement) from the stockpiles.

This would stop the large build up of Apparel from raiders, and give the Weapon smith and Tailors more use.
I'm am Ex-Starship pilot, but that RimWorld just jumped out of nowhere, there was nothing I could do.
At lease three of us survived.

Youtube Channel | Gaming

durann31

-add potato/food bags so people can hold more then 75 potatos or instead of bags put In barrels ...        -this isn't something easy (i think) but It would be cool to add multiplayer raids... So that you can raid other people's world and take their loot also  maybe add ally support so that you can ally another persons faction and help them if they get raided.....        - back to cheaper ideas it would be cool to add couches, rivers and with rivers you can add water mills as another energy source, also it would be AMAZING to add shooting targets so that people can improve their shooting skills.

wileama

I would really love a button to let me choose the color of my zones...

henkalv

Not really sure if this is already in the game, and not that I am asking for it to become harder, but it would make a lot of sense if solar panels produced less electricity during winter. The reason winter comes about is due to the planet being at the far end of its epileptic orbit and therefore the planet receives less power from its sun. Presuming a start in spring this would also promote people to move away from solar panels and into geothermal even faster, which might make it logical to make the effect tied to higher difficulties

UnassumingWhiteGuy

How about a fireplace? An alternative to a heater that just requires wood every few hours and stone to build. It could be a convenient alternative to rebuilding campfires all the time. Plus, it would generate light.

kulg

indestructible targets for target practice to improve shooting skill!

kulg

having a rare occurance where colonists already have boinic parts and or are genetically engineered to have special skills. Really I think I'd like more events that help the colony rather than only being able to choose how quickly I die.

ns9559

Not really sure if this is a cheap idea or not, so I am putting it in here, and into its own topic.

How about a moodlet called something like adrenaline rush, that would apply in moments when your colonists are in or witness someone in imminent danger (proximity to an explosion, gunfire, being sent to rescue a colonist, being attacked obviously). It would give a somewhat significant boost to their mood, say around 30-45 points, either until shortly after the threat is dealt with, or after significant amount of time (around a two to three days). During that time the colonist would not be able to sleep or eat, would move faster, be able to carry heavier loads, shoot more quickly, and hit harder. After the moodlet has worn off the colonist would get another moodlet, an adrenalin crash, that would give a negative mood effect relative to the length of the adrenaline rush, which would wear off after they have done something to boost their mood (eat, sleep, have a conversation, etc).

Asero

Toilets, showers, dirty dishes and even doing the laundry ;D

Would like to see more natural disasters like tornadoes, cyclones and even flooding depending on your biome choices.