Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zilch

Setting ownership of production tables.
My main crafter never gets to build parkas because the noobs always hogging his table.

UnassumingWhiteGuy

Flashbangs. Grenades that momentarily stun anyone caught in the blast and give them a temporary accuracy penalty.

silentdeth

With winter, I find my self hunting more and more, and loathing the interface for hunting more and more.

I suggest a hunter's lodge building. The build would allow you to set an area, identical to the ingredient search radius of other building. In that area it would auto mark animals for hunt. The building would also allow you to specify types of animals to hunt. i.e. You could build one hunter's lodge and set it to mark everything in 200 range, then build a second hunter's lodge and set it to mark muffalo anywhere on the map. If possible the building would also allow you to assign which pawns hunt the animals marked by that lodge. i.e. The hunter's lodge set to mark nearby squirrels would be set for use by Mr. Pistol and Miss Pistol, while the hunter's lodge set to mark muffalo would be set for use by Mr. Minigun, though please at least pretend not to aim at the friendly visitors. I realize one of them sat in your chair at dinner 7 months ago, but after the first three you left to bleed to death in the snow, I think we have crossed into over reacting territory. 

Anduin1357

Drafting gives you complete control over the colonist;
The colonist can be ordered to eat food, sleep, haul things...maybe even talk to someone who needs a mood lift.
Drafted move commands snap move positions to close proximity cover...
Different standing positions for combat...
To have the colonist duck back in cover when shot at...
Wall and cover penetrations.

Professor Cupcake

A slight aim bonus when shooting from cover would be nice (to simulate resting the weapon on the cover). Would hopefully emphasise its use a little more.

BokaliMali

I would definitely appreciate a little in-game warning popping up "Hey Buddy, you've been playing for three straight hours! Maybe time for a break."

I've found it's so easy to sink huge amounts of time into this game without noticing that I've had to set alarms before I start playing or else next thing I know it's 3am and I realise I still haven't made dinner. Granted, that's more a self-control issue than any fault of the game, but it's a cheap idea that I personally would like to see.

Anduin1357

• Automatic clearing of obstructions for Wind Turbine

• Batch bill change (Especially for Vas's Hydroponics mod purposes) nuff said.

• Bill config ---> Take from nearest stockpile/Specify source (input) stockpile + Specify target (output) stockpile

• A door or wall being actively damaged is not repaired by colonists (toggleable?)

• Stop raiders from having pinpoint landing spots ie. into a small 1x1 hole-in-a-roof cheap attack

• Replace bill cook [Adjective] meal {+/-250} to {+/-100}

• Exhaustion causes colonist to sleep on floor instead.

• Backpack Apparel that can carry more supplies.

• For hilarity, make a forum thread for suggesting the most expensive additions to the game.

• Automatic stripping of corpses when picked up

• Weapons stay with corpse like apparel, you 'wear' the weapon.

• Ability for colonist to have an inventory and inventory size,
    If outsiders can bring their meals and medicine around, why not us?

• Official endorsement of the embrasure. (Incorporate mods into Core)

• Add Incident Biological bomb to affect anyone who steps outdoors to have an increased chance of getting sickness (Sickness is underpowered and incidents are simple to make anyway...If you know the code)

• Vaccines.

• Inaccurate first 'snap' shot (once) with instant warmup for any gun when shooting is at a certain level, must be out of combat for 1 hour before reuse.

• More of a request, make melee less 'turn based'.

• Pirate passers-by who have a chance to turn hostile and attack the colony.

• Remove "Hunter lacks a weapon" warning when said hunter is a brawler with a melee weapon.

• Planning blueprints mode, you place blueprints as plans like the current plan function does.
A tip here, having trouble with fires? make things out of stone materials, they have zero flammability and have more hp.
But I digress...

• Circuits that can switch materials into 'have coatings' and essentially have more hp and maybe zero flammability?
    Includes all other electronic items. Maybe silver would resist the solar flares, hmm...
    nvm, it might become a cheap way to avoid highly damaging electrical fires and whatnot.

Anduin1357

Writing this much, I would like to propose off topic that a siege by a bad faction can and should be copied and edited to make friendly factions make bases by constantly dropping supplies every odd day (friendly outpost) while hostile non-pirate factions make forward bases with constant day and night raids unless it is eliminated. (Sounds familiar? Not the first time something will force you out of the base just to end it...) Not very cheap but still cheap considering it expands the player model of the game for relatively simple work. The longer you wait to kill it, the more it expands and the harder it is to resist or stop it.
I expect this to be the new definition of killer event in randy mode. What's worse than 8+ armed men 20 days into the game than a base that spawns raids everyday and expands faster with aid than you do?

UnassumingWhiteGuy

Hazard zones. Mark areas you don't want your colonists to enter.

Elkiath

Not sure if it's been posted at all yet, but I'd like to see some kind of prisoner doors that they could walk through, so it would be possible to make a yard attached to the cells for them to go out into to stop that stacking cabin fever on them.

durann31

Quote from: amul on December 30, 2014, 06:23:25 PM
I wish I could upgrade Walls to Conduit Walls without having to completely dismantle them first.

You can just don't disassemble the wall and just put wires on the wall it would cost the same as a conduit wall just 1 steel

MikhailBoho

A positive psychic event. Right now, psychically sensitive and hypersensitive people are only liabilities to the group and they bring no positives. Having an event that increases the work-speed of these workers or increases their skills by +5 for a short duration would be pretty cool in balancing out their negatives.

(A more ambitious idea I had was that if a character was hypersensitive or sensitive, there was a chance depending on their sensitivity that they could commune with a crashed ship part. Perhaps it was all a misunderstanding and the ship meant your people no harm. As a show of good faith, they'll disable their psychic exertion and warn you of the next raider assault (even going so far as to help you when they arrive). Following this, the ship takes off with any surviving mechs).

Dandi

I wish there was a confirmation dialog when you're trying to load a game, but didn't save the current one first.
The buttons "load" and "save" in the game menu look kind of similar, so sometimes in a rush, I click load instead of save (I've done it a lot actually, and it's quite irritating). I know there are autosaves, but sometimes even 5 real minutes is a long period of time in game.

seredward

I'd suggest to add a drag-and-drop selection square (simililar to the "cut trees" order) that allows the player to unforbid all items in an area. This will be helpful in dealing with looting huge waves of enemies. Also, a "strip all enemies in the selected area" drag-and-drop command will save a lot of useless micromanagement to the players. The new automate "strip" action could fall into the "hauling" group of actions (or maybe the "cleaning" one).
Another solution to this time-wasting issue could be to enable an option - maybe in the option menu or in the overview tab - to strip-before-burying human corpses.

Soul

I had the recent thought of having trainable dogs or maybe a pack of roaming dogs on the map that you can befriend.