Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnassumingWhiteGuy

If you give the order to build a conduit under a wall, have it become a conduit wall.

MikhailBoho

Quote from: Zilch on January 10, 2015, 07:00:40 PM
Quote from: BokaliMali on January 10, 2015, 04:27:31 AM
If you go into the incapacitated mech's health tab you can add an operation to shut it down.

I'm serious when I said 100+ mechs, adding that many shutdown bills sucks big time.
Incapped mechs can be targeted for hunting, but the pawns dont actually go 'hunt' them. Maybe adding them to the hunting list could work.

I would like it if when you double click and select all mechs in an area, you could add the shutdown bill to all of them at once from that selection. The same option should be available for forcing an attack from multiple turrets and mortars.

A_Bandit!!!

Small tradeoffers from friendly neighbouring tribes would be nice. Also, the ability to loan them pawns for a month or two for different projects like harvest, building etc. This affects their stats but they are unavailable during the period.

Eleazar

Here's a real cheap ones:

In the overview the hunting tooltip reports the relevant skill as the *average* of melee and shooting.  But the average skill is not relevant, and masks the preferability of pawns with one of those skills very high and the other very low.

The overview should rate pawns on hunting either according to the high test of those two skills, or the one that corresponds to their equipped weapon.

MikhailBoho

I would love it if visiting pawns would sometimes steal stacks of silver from you. No pop-up or dialogue. They just walk straight into your storehouse and if you're not paying attention, they grab some for themselves and take it home with them.

amul

Quote from: Eleazar on January 09, 2015, 11:56:42 AM
After my second day of play...

More contextual menu options.  This seems easier than moving through the menus. For instance, if I want to prioritize an unmarked chunk, there are a bunch of key presses or clicks required.  Wouldn't it just be nicer to to right click and select between:
* mark for hauling
* prioritize hauling

Agreed. OP, This is currently available through the EdBInterface mod, which is super sweet.

QuoteAlso is there any reason we need to claim part of preexisting walls before dismantling them?  Where's the benefit? Is there a reason for haveing an ownership mechanic when there's a home zone?

OP, this is primarily so that enemies can land and build fortifications.

amul

Quote from: tom_kazansky on January 07, 2015, 03:56:38 PM
-Killed Enemy stats on a per-soldier base.
-non centering hotkeys (,.) for selection soldiers.

Quote from: A_Bandit!!! on January 11, 2015, 08:35:46 AM
Small tradeoffers from friendly neighbouring tribes would be nice. Also, the ability to loan them pawns for a month or two for different projects like harvest, building etc. This affects their stats but they are unavailable during the period.
Quote from: Eleazar on January 11, 2015, 11:07:08 AM
Here's a real cheap ones:

In the overview the hunting tooltip reports the relevant skill as the *average* of melee and shooting.  But the average skill is not relevant, and masks the preferability of pawns with one of those skills very high and the other very low.

The overview should rate pawns on hunting either according to the high test of those two skills, or the one that corresponds to their equipped weapon.

Seconded!

Alitaria

My Mini-Suggestion is: Add a range indicator on the fertilizer pump. So that we know how much it will convert.
Also, we should be able to mark doors for Prisoner use so that they can have an outside yard as well. (Prisoners are people too)
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

Evelyn

Fertilizer pump is being cut next update.

Eleazar

Against certain backgrounds, the pawn pathing line is visually identical to the power cables.

Can you change that-- perhaps making the pathing line yellow?

Agalyon

Maybe we could have zones that restrict movement, like no movement or passing through, or firefight zones, where colonists aren't allowed to step while combat is taking place.

Hayhorse

Quote from: UnassumingWhiteGuy on January 10, 2015, 07:20:43 PM
If you give the order to build a conduit under a wall, have it become a conduit wall.

That is already a thing, the wall just dose not become a "Conduit wall" it still acts as one thiugh

MikhailBoho

I never really understood the point of conduit walls. What advantage do they have over ordinary walls with conduits built over them?

mipen

They are from when you couldn't build conduits and walls in the same cell. At the moment, they are just two building jobs in one. So instead of building a wall and a conduit, they both get built at the same time

kola777

Maybe the cheapest idea here, give colonist a mood boost on their Birthday! And maybe even a small gift of giving them +1 to their highest skill level.