Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasimirtlw

an infrared view of the map to see heat and cold  :)

fluffy_543

Quote from: kasimirtlw on January 13, 2015, 04:41:21 AM

This would actually look very cool and be useful as well.

A_Bandit!!!

Quote from: kola777 on January 13, 2015, 01:57:57 AM
Maybe the cheapest idea here, give colonist a mood boost on their Birthday! And maybe even a small gift of giving them +1 to their highest skill level.

Seconded. Also, a trait that alters the moodmodifier for sleeping in the same room as someone else. Some people are just really social and would like bunkbuddies 

EDIT: Ability to lock doors open to transfer heat would be nice

Agalyon

Another idea or two, I think it wouldn't be too hard to have turrets benefit from low cover. (It would be a little silly if they could fire out of high cover, unless it was at some kind of angle, but that's not as cheap as an idea I bet.) Having a mannable normal-esque turret would be neat too, even if it wasn't too special.

ZestyLemons

Quote from: kola777 on January 13, 2015, 01:57:57 AM
Maybe the cheapest idea here, give colonist a mood boost on their Birthday! And maybe even a small gift of giving them +1 to their highest skill level.

Make it a negative boost if they're a pessimist, Lol.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

Kaelent

Meh...add a craft station priority similar to stockpile priority. I want to be able to have my cooks prioritize butchering over crafting meals or tailoring over stone-cutting.

Also, add a 'rotten' flag to the Crematorium bills. Currently the only way to dispose of rotting corpses that hunters fail to bring back is hauling or burial manually. If you set the 'animals' flag for a bill in the Crematorium to burn them then they fight over fresh corpses that are ready to be butchered. It would be nice if you could set it to only target animal corpses that are rotten.

Enjoyment

Quote from: kasimirtlw on January 13, 2015, 04:41:21 AM
...and I really want to have such filters for beauty (which I could get from dev-mode, but its not perfect tool) and fretility (which I just can't get how it works in dev-mode. what means "report fertility). And maybe show roofs and/or rooms must be accessable for players w/o dev-mode using.
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

Noobshock

Quote from: Kaelent on January 13, 2015, 11:16:20 PM
Meh...add a craft station priority similar to stockpile priority. I want to be able to have my cooks prioritize butchering over crafting meals or tailoring over stone-cutting.

Also, add a 'rotten' flag to the Crematorium bills. Currently the only way to dispose of rotting corpses that hunters fail to bring back is hauling or burial manually. If you set the 'animals' flag for a bill in the Crematorium to burn them then they fight over fresh corpses that are ready to be butchered. It would be nice if you could set it to only target animal corpses that are rotten.

This! +1

Minaraho`

*Bathrooms
*Showers
*More Combat equipment (assault vests, plate carriers, load bearing equipment) (these can have benefits for the combatants wearing them)
*More firearms (modern please)
*Backpacks
*Domesticated Animals
*More ways to carry stuff from point A to Point B (carts, backpacks, Muffilo, cars?)
*Fishing
*A more detailed Casualty management system (see my other post in alpha 9/10 suggestions)
*A way to control bigger regions on the world map
Great work so far!
Thanks
Minaraho

Sir Wagglepuss III

Made a mortar thread which should be pretty simple to implement, but thought I'd put it here too:

Mortars use shells as ammo source, place hopper connecting to mortar and dump shells in hopper.

Spotting system for mortars, making friendly mortars more accurate within a set amount of tiles around friendly pawns (Ideally M-24 range minus 5-10 tiles). Possibly make tech item for pawns to equip to extend radius of spotting to safe ranges.

Evelyn

kingtyris

Add in a circuit breaker that can be toggled to allow or not allow electricity to flow through.

Evelyn

I'd imagine that's what the switch added in the newest changelog does.

Johnny Masters

Isn't the switch per item? A c-breaker would affect everything in line past it

Eleazar

Quote from: Johnny Masters on January 15, 2015, 10:48:01 PM
Isn't the switch per item?
The changlog doesn't say that.  And why would you need a switch that just does one item?

QuoteAdded power switch donated by Haplo (greatly simplified, without auto-switching functions).