Dumping stockpile bug [mantis]

Started by keith_rb, January 27, 2014, 03:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith_rb

Colonist seem to haul debris to the stockpile, then it magically appears one or two blocks away and outside the area. Really screws up my defenses.

SomeColonistYouAre

Can confirm this.
So far I encountered this bug on a 2 tiles wide dump zone.

Plasmatic

Noticed this as well, though I have no idea what causes it or how to reproduce it.

it was for the dumping zone for me, that was 15 x 10 tiles, they kept trying to dump slag and debris but it kept reappearing where they picked it up, 2 tiles away

PhenomTaker

Same here. When they put debris/rocks in the dumping zone, it will spawn one next to it. I think it can happen when they are building stuff also, just saw in my base some debris, but I already removed all that at the beginning.

ItchyFlea

I can reproduce this. It has been reported on the Bug Tracker.

It occurs when there is rubble underneath the stockpile. A workaround is to order a colonist to clean up the rubble. You'll need to add a homezone first, otherwise they won't clean it.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

keith_rb

I originally thought it might be if debris already occupied the space, but this is not the case, will try cleaning the rubbish away and report back.

Mozleron

I've got a save file where this is happening that i can send in if desired.  I'd attach it to the Mantis issue, but i'm only a reader over there.

ItchyFlea

Save files are generally only required when the bug is difficult to reproduce. This one is fairly easy to reproduce. Thank-you for the offer. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Semmy

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

dd0029

I just noticed this as well. There were blood stains and setting the home zone to force a clean up fixed things right up. Thanks for the tip.