[A12d] [MODLIST] [ADDON] irotsoma Modlist and Patches(iMP): Base Builder (v1.2)

Started by irotsoma, November 16, 2015, 08:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irotsoma

Quote from: Astasia on February 14, 2016, 02:35:24 PM
Really nice collection.

Few issues and opinions:
-There's two different types of sand with completely different uses, which is a bit confusing. Maybe they could be merged? I'm also not a fan of the glassworks using chunks instead of sand, I think the glass and lights recipe is overriding the superior crafting recipe. I changed that on my end.

-Playing with VegetableGarden no seeds I could plant every crop right on day 1. Not sure if intended. The researches still mention unlocking the ability to plant certain crops in their flavor text.

-Feels like maybe a good storage solution is missing. Nanostorage is really situational or micro heavy, maybe it's just me though. I feel like something like Quantum Storage, Deep Storage, or Skullywag's Extended Storage is needed, but easy enough to add on my own.

-The Apparello tribal shields aren't showing up in any thing category, they can't be hauled or sorted anywhere. I'm not very familiar with RimWorld modding, but I changed the "parent" category of the tribal shields to "ApparelShieldBase" instead of "ApparelBase" and that worked. I did a copy paste on that parent define from another xml into the Apparel_Tribal.xml, not sure if it was required but I see every parent defined in such a way in every item file.

I am still pretty early into my first real game with this pack, but I am enjoying it a lot so far. I tried throwing a bunch of the mods I liked together on my own and it was a bit of a mess, then I saw this pack contained pretty much all the same mods I was trying to use. Wish I had found it earlier, would have saved me a few hours.

Edit: I wasn't able to place a plasma geothermal on a steam geyser. Kept saying the space was already occupied. I fixed it by looking at how the other packs had it and copying the lines over. I don't know if that's a base CTS bug or an incompatibility with something else on the list.

Edit 2: So for the clutter mod you added the joy designation for the holobase, and a research requirement, your comment says "changed from furniture" but it didn't originally have a designation because it's not meant to be craftable and has no resource cost. Also Superior Crafting for some reason heavily nerfs the hospital bed into complete uselessness (75% heal effectiveness, and reduced sleep effectiveness). I'm not sure why it does that, possibly an artifact of it being an old mod, I changed it back to default stats, don't know if you'd want to do the same or not in your patches.

Thanks!  I really appreciate all of the great feedback and bug reports.  I haven't gotten around to balancing things or making any modifications to functionality provided by the mods, so I'll definitely be looking at some of that in the next release.  I'll also look at those storage mods to see what makes sense.  The other issues sound like either bugs with the mods or patches, or compatibility issues.  I'll check those out for a patch.  I'm out of the country at the moment for work, so it will be a week or two before I can get to it.  But sounds like you've resolved most on your own already.

Thanks again!