[Mod-Request] Gas fabrication and more

Started by christianmc1101, February 06, 2019, 09:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

christianmc1101

Hello,
I have an idea for an mod when its possible: Power to Gas (and Gas to Power). I will explain it with the steps
1. You need Water and Power to produce Hydrogen. The Water should come from Wells. A cheap Version for rivers, a bit more expensive version for ground (and maybe one for Oceans).
2. The Hydrogen can be stored in tanks (internal and external) and used by Fuel Cells when the power is needed.
3. The Hydrogen can also be used in a 2. maschine to produce Methan with CO2 (from the air, filtered with power, or stored one, how to get it later)
4. The Methan can be stored in tanks, be used to produce Chemfuel (needs power, CO2 and Hydrogen) or in a Generator.
5. The Generator produce Power (of course..), heat (maybe collerbarition with redist.Heat?) and CO2
6. The CO2 exeeds trough an Vent into the air or be filtered (with far less power than the collector for the air, because the concetration is much higher than in the air) and collected to use it.

2. Way to get Methan (earlier than with hydrogen and cheaper in components): Biogas
1. You get bio material.
2. Colonist can put it into a fermenter
3. Methan

Other items releated to Methan:
Gas lamps
Gas stove
Gas furnace
Event: Gas explosion: Can be make less dangerous with safety valves

The non Power ones should be immune to flares and cheaper to get as the electric ones, but more expensive than the wood ones.
Pipes wouldn´t be bad.
I hope you can understand it, and I hope, that someone is interested and capable to do it, too.
Mein Lieblingswort: My favorite word:
Bundespräsidentenstichwahlwiederholungsverschiebung

blongo

You get methane from farts.....
Why not make a cow butt catheter mod?

sorry for the crude humor... but its an idea...

could really cutt down on green house gases...

christianmc1101

You´re right.
Natural Gas is (almost) pure methan (~95% i think). It´s possible to produce. 
Mein Lieblingswort: My favorite word:
Bundespräsidentenstichwahlwiederholungsverschiebung

Vehicular_Zombicide

I would take a look at the Rimfeller mod. It allows you to drill for oil and refine it into chemfuel on an industrial scale, as well as use said chemfuel to power mod-added generators that put out 5000 watts.

The tradeoff, of course, is that it takes a large amount of research and construction material to set up the drills, refineries, and storage tanks in the first place, so that keeps things balanced.