Prisoner food bug (I think) [mantis]

Started by Plasmatic, January 27, 2014, 03:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plasmatic

I had about 10 prisoners and they were all set to get food, but I decided to not give them food anymore.

However, I *think* 2 of my colonists were on the way with food when I set them not to get any, which ended up making those 2 colonists pick up and drop the food trays repeatedly until i executed the prisoners.

While what fixed it for me was executing the prisoners, I presume another would be set them to get food again, or successfully recruit them, but I have not tested it.

I doubt you are going to run into the issue very often, 10+ prisoners is pretty rare for me, but I figure I would report it anyways.

Tynan

This is of concern, can any tester reproduce this and, if so, enter it in Mantis?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Plasmatic

Quote from: Tynan on January 27, 2014, 06:06:08 PM
This is of concern, can any tester reproduce this and, if so, enter it in Mantis?

Just tried to reproduce it, but now my colonists just instantly dumped the food trays into the stockpile..

I don't know what happened the first time..

Hopefully it was a fluke, or perhaps it will become apparent later..

palandus

Sounds like a similar issue already reported, Tynan. I believe #298 is similar to it.

Sounds like they were carrying a resource to a destination, and then suddenly with the prisoners getting no food selected, they were trying to give the food to a forbidden destination that causes the loop.

Plasmatic

Well I have another one for you, should be minor though..

Playing at 1920 x 1080, the font and text size changes for the readout of your stockpile when you enter and exit from the architect menu.

Should be fairly easy to reproduce as well :)

EDIT:
Good news Tynan!

This Save should show the prisoner food bug bit..

http://filepublicator.com/1ihi

Password is cookies

Sami

I had an exactly same issue. A colonist with a no. 1 priority to doctoring went on a loop with a food tray in my cafeteria. I had one prisoner who was incapacitated and hungry, but no food was allowed to be brought in. The loop continued until I removed the doctoring priority from him.

Tynan

Gimilkhor can you post a savegame with this happening? Just zip it up it gets small.

We're having trouble with Plasmatic's save.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ItchyFlea

Plasmatic, the save file you posted is for the pre-alpha (0.0.254), not for the current alpha. (0.1.334)

As for getting the file to work, edit it and remove the stuff at the end of the file, as for some reason there is extra data there causing the game to crash when trying to load it.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Plasmatic

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 29, 2014, 03:57:05 PM
Plasmatic, the save file you posted is for the pre-alpha (0.0.254), not for the current alpha. (0.1.334)

As for getting the file to work, edit it and remove the stuff at the end of the file, as for some reason there is extra data there causing the game to crash when trying to load it.

Yeah sorry, took the wrong save file.. and I don't have that save anymore.

Didn't notice the new save folder that was created..

Though I noticed it with a corpse as well. I had several graves willing to accept raider corpses and a dumzone willing, but my colonist did the same as with the food tray. Apparently this one does not work with a save file.

I can't seem to get this to work via save file (works fine after loading)

But I can recreate it!

Start with a place like that, a couple graves, some with corpses in them, others not.

Then:

Mark the ground under the graves as a standard dumpzone (not stockpile).

Then when the corpses have popped out of the graves (which still look occupied - another bug?)
Dezone the area (without another dump, but keep the graves accepting corpses)
When I do this, a colonist runs to pick up the corpse, spamming it along the ground straight south.

I hope you can recreate and squash this, and it is the identical behavior to what happens to the food tray, the spam it along the ground in a single direction (for me it was East with food, South with corpse) So maybe it will give some insight to that bug as well.

EDIT: Seems they give up after a little bit and just let the corpse lay whereever it ended up (usually in a corner)
Then another colonists gets assigned the job and spams it some more.

I cannot manually tell them to haul it.

So far the only fix I've noticed is to build a dump, save the game and the load the save. doing so seems to reset the job and they run to the dump with it.

ItchyFlea

That is the strangest and yet most interesting bug I've ever seen. Can always reproduce with the steps you provided.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Plasmatic

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 30, 2014, 12:46:16 AM
That is the strangest and yet most interesting bug I've ever seen. Can always reproduce with the steps you provided.

Glad I can actually prove that I found a bug :P unlike the food tray thing.. now I know what to look for :) and i'll be sure to try and reproduce it whenever I find something I dont think is right :)