The forum registration is too complicated

Started by joserobjr, January 27, 2016, 07:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joserobjr

It asks too many questions and at least one of them is based on localized Knowledge.

Example: "The TV show isn't called Star Journey, it's Star ____"
http://prntscr.com/9vqlzd

I am Brazilian, there's no such TV show in my state, there's no way to know it, I even tried to google it without success, Brazilians don't know it the same way you don't know "The TV show isn't called Jornal Municipal, it's Jornal _____". You don't know the answer right? Because it's a question based on localized knowledge, all Brazilians knows because it's transmitted on the entire country.

A better way to protect from spammers is to use google's recaptcha or an anti-spam free service.

You could have more active members with easier registration and it could lead to more purchases... Most people would give up on the third attempt.

I took over 30 minutes to register and I only registered with success because the question eventually got replaced by an other that doesn't requires localized knowledge.

Toggle

Star Trek. Because trek is another word for journey.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Sens

I can understand him, when i tried to register i had problems too:

I thought the man who discovered gravity was Graviton.

Lys

Quote from: Sens on January 28, 2016, 01:46:18 PMI thought the man who discovered gravity was Graviton.
:D made my day
Yeah you have to think about some of those questions... I mean, 38k+ members prove that they are certainly solveable, but some might have to google a bit. But you don't need to register on the forum to purchase the game, so I doubt it affects sales.

Gaiska

yeah, i have problems too because of my poor english :)

Apopas

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on January 27, 2016, 09:23:35 PM
Star Trek. Because trek is another would for journey.
I just read your answer and succeeded to register. I didn't know trek means journey.

FyrnSkulblaka

Quote from: Apopas on April 08, 2016, 07:53:59 PM
Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on January 27, 2016, 09:23:35 PM
Star Trek. Because trek is another would for journey.
I just read your answer and succeeded to register. I didn't know trek means journey.
A trek is usually a long and arduous journey. For example "We trekked up the mountain today." ( I just thought I'd put that in there)

Apopas

Thanks for the info but still it can be confusing for the no english people.

Shinzy

it used to be lot simpler but there was massive problem with bots so some heavy measures had to be taken =P

skullywag

Need to use a proper captcha, they can still be broken but there some decent ones out there.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Coenmcj

There's been a significant lack of bots though, no?
I'd say it's been rather successful.

Captcha's may keep the mechanoids out, but they're also quite adept at keeping people out too.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

zuluss

dude whats messed up is I answered the question Star Trek and Star Wars and it still said it was incorrect tried with space no space caps no caps..