Alpha 13 - New events are gonna be hilarious

Started by RickyMartini, January 28, 2016, 12:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rulant

Question for anyone really with the answer or a speculation, are there plans to add the ability for your colonists to attack settlements you've previously set up or pirate settlements that exist in your world? So rather than always being the target of raids you become the perpetrator?

Devon_v

I believe there is, or was, a mod that allowed "away teams" to go on raids with simulated results, but I don't think it's an intended game feature because leaving the map gets complicated.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Devon_v on March 01, 2016, 04:16:25 PM
I believe there is, or was, a mod that allowed "away teams" to go on raids with simulated results, but I don't think it's an intended game feature because leaving the map gets complicated.

I just watched Quill18 playing Rimworld with Hardcore SK Modpack where one of his guys went for an away mission. So it's definitely one within that pack
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Haplo

The away mission quill18 had is one of the Rumor Of.. incidents from Miscellaneous.
Also his ruins are also a part of Miscellaneous ;D

Toggle

Quote from: Haplo on March 02, 2016, 06:29:19 AM
The away mission quill18 had is one of the Rumor Of.. incidents from Miscellaneous.
Also his ruins are also a part of Miscellaneous ;D

Heil ze Haplo.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Chibiabos

The level of bigotry in the world and even just among Rimworld players will never cease to disappoint me. :(
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Toggle

Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

RoboticManiac

So am I correct in the belief that Tynan is back from his sabbatical this month?

RickyMartini

Quote from: RoboticManiac on March 06, 2016, 02:53:20 PM
So am I correct in the belief that Tynan is back from his sabbatical this month?

Quote from: Tynan's blogCan't wait to get it to you guys. I'll be back in March. (edit: I'm not sure when the alpha will actually be finished. It could be after March – just to be clear).

Nobody knows, but it's 6 days into March so I wouldn't say so.

mumblemumble

Just want to say,  having different views on lgbt than lgbt approved perspective is not necessary bigotry.

Not saying there hasn't been any in this thread either,  but having a different view alone isn't it.  Even calling it trolling is inaccurate,  as that implies its not said because people believe it,  but because they want to anger people. Trust me,  believe it or not,  MANY PEOPLE think differently,  and disagree,  and this won't be changing soon,  even though voicing it might not always be "allowed" ,  this doesn't stop it from being thought.

Also im eagerly awaiting another progress report,  OR,   the new version.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

MarcTheMerc

Quote from: mumblemumble on March 06, 2016, 07:43:30 PM
Just want to say,  having different views on lgbt than lgbt approved perspective is not necessary bigotry.

Not saying there hasn't been any in this thread either,  but having a different view alone isn't it.  Even calling it trolling is inaccurate,  as that implies its not said because people believe it,  but because they want to anger people. Trust me,  believe it or not,  MANY PEOPLE think differently,  and disagree,  and this won't be changing soon,  even though voicing it might not always be "allowed" ,  this doesn't stop it from being thought.

Also im eagerly awaiting another progress report,  OR,   the new version.

While your oppinion is valued and the sentiment appreciated for the most part its irrelavent to what the thread is discussing (Alpha 13 - New events are gonna be hilarious).
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

jzero

Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

RickyMartini

I never expected my tiny post to have such a long dragged out discussion about lgbt and stuff. But I guess I'm still proud that this game is able to spark debates like this one.

jzero

your post has turned into a monster. A monster full of interesting conversation, sure, but a monster nonetheless
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

mumblemumble

I personally think this post is great because of this, even if nobody listened to what is said, its re-assuring that delicate topics can be covered without people entirely flipping out.

if this happened more in society, life would be much better.

also, obviously,  I'm far from the only one from continuing this thread with "off topic"  comments... And I really wouldn't call it a monster, I think its amazing that social dialog can happen, and think it should happen much more. Taboos on discussing things never really allow improvement on said topics.

I really do want to see how things work with relationship with more finer grain stuff btw...like, lets say 1 guy accidentally shoots his brother in the leg... They are still brothers, but the guy is still bound to be pissed right?

Maybe they will have a fight over it later =P "Fuck you john, you shot my leg!" *Punches him in the nose and wrestles him down, but invariably stops before he gets badly hurt*
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.