Alpha 13 - New events are gonna be hilarious

Started by RickyMartini, January 28, 2016, 12:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickyMartini

TLHeart

Dream an speculate on, it is hilarious....

And then reality of how limited the interactions are will set in,

just like the animal armies did.

JimmyAgnt007

Whelp, I look forward to my psychopath colony.  Preferably with the cannibal trait.  So I can kill and eat anyone I want. 

"Dude!  You made a hat out of my brother!  His face looks a lot better on your head than it ever did on his own."

Now that the game will have gay people and eventually children (once Tynan is ready to tackle that ball of wax) will there be same sex parents?  Last I heard that technology is coming around in the next few years.

Daman453

Well here goes nothing. WHO CARES ABOUT GAY PEOPLE! IT'S A NEW GOD DAMN ALPHA! IT'S SHAPED UP TO BE A HELL OF A GOOD ONE! ,
Thank
Edit1:Guys... toxic fallout... 3 mounths indoors... people fighting... oh. My. God.
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

Shurp

toxic fallout... 3 months indoors... all female colonists are pregnant... oh my god
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Keychan

Just checked the update again and saw Trauma Savant a.k.a brain damage unlocking hidden talents. I can only imagine how awkward the situation will be when your best man is bleeding out with a fractured skull because a tribesman repeatedly clubbed his head, but he unlocked his hidden talent of cooking.

Also, does this mean we'll have to keep our pawns from getting too close to each other?  I'm not looking forward to the colony's social butterfly dying to a squirrel and everyone falling into depression, which leads to social fights, that leads to more possible death, that leads to more depression.

Fluffy (l2032)

Welcome to the wonderful world of tantrum spirals, we have !FUN! here! (also beer, loads of beer)

Listen1

Still waiting for the event where someone get's so drunk, it takes a bottle and attack other colonists.

RickyMartini

Quote from: TLHeart on February 02, 2016, 03:53:15 PM

Can I ask... What is the point of you even being in the forums with so much passive aggressiveness? We are making jokes about some scenarios that will likely not happen anyway. Nobody is dense enough to believe it, seriously.

Also, the animal implementation completely surprised me! What exactly was blown out of proportion there if I may ask?

Listen1

Quote from: Skissor on February 03, 2016, 12:15:20 PM

Can I ask... What is the point of you even being in the forums with so much passive aggressiveness? We are making jokes about some scenarios that will likely not happen anyway. Nobody is dense enough to believe it, seriously.

Also, the animal implementation completely surprised me! What exactly was blown out of proportion there if I may ask?

Maybe he just wants attention.

I kinda recall when animals were mentioned on the changelog, and alot of people got hyped over endless possibilities, and well... boomrat army is a thing.

Ectoplasm

Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 01, 2016, 08:53:34 PM
Well. That depends on which part of "my husband" and "my lover" I'm wearing...and where. Given the right answers, it could be a mood bonus, instead.

Exhaled air through my nose slightly faster than normal at this one.

TLHeart

Quote from: Skissor on February 03, 2016, 12:15:20 PM

Yes the jokes are hilarious, and as you have said will never happen in game... the reality of the limits of the game...  So who is the dense one?

As for the animals, lots of people talking about huge animal armies, at the ready, well then the limitations of the game set in.

Animals hardly even add to the game as implemented... The whole nuzzle and gives a positive mood to the colonist has been broken since release. The amount of food used to tame, and feed an animal are not ever recovered in any way if you want them as a food source.

As far a being part of the forum, that is my choice. Not everyone has to be the same to be part of the forum. That would be very very boring.

Shurp

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on February 03, 2016, 03:24:39 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of tantrum spirals, we have !FUN! here! (also beer, loads of beer)

But with a pretty and functional UI! =-D
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Listen1

And zigzagoon bee hive kill boxes that poison and almost kill visitors.

Shurp

So visitors still exist solely to find amusing ways to kill?