Prison breaks - sh#t is about to get real

Started by NemesisN, January 29, 2016, 05:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NemesisN

- Prison breaks. Prisoners pick the locks, get out, seek weapons and work as a group to escape.

well time to spend hours playing Prison Architect to get ready for this crazy sh#t....maybe trow some hours in SIMS for that family drama...and that is just tip of the iceberg of what is coming

sh#t is about to get real in Alpha 13

seriously Tynan you keep impressing....just wish something could be done with performance issue
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Klitri

There's no performance issue, update from windows 7.

NemesisN

Quote from: Klitri on January 29, 2016, 11:09:33 AM
There's no performance issue, update from windows 7.

there is...it does not matter what OS you use....when you go late in the game it becomes laggy
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Veneke

Yeah, prisoners are going to be all kind of more fun to deal with now. Probably as well too, it's a bit too simple to lock them all in a wooden barracks and forget about them right now.

Quote from: NemesisN on January 29, 2016, 12:30:42 PM
there is...it does not matter what OS you use....when you go late in the game it becomes laggy

Can you be more specific? The only thing like this that I've seen has been on a certain amount of lag when using x3 speed in what I suppose is 'late-game' but I put that down to recording + oversized unsupported map size (I haven't experienced it myself, it was watching a youtuber - Yeti - that I saw this sort of lag).

There certainly used to be performance issues surrounding fire and when a large raid spawned, but iirc those were fixed an alpha or two back. At the very least I can't recall anytime recently when any amount of fire or the size of a raid proved troublesome.

NemesisN

there is still lagg issues in late game it has not been completely fixed, maybe improved a little but still when you go late game (expand your base, colony, raids become larger) you get lagg even on normal speed and the game becomes frustrating to the point you delete your colony because of lagg

because the game does not use full potential of your PC so it does not matter if you have weak or powerful PC the performance is the same

Kalshion

And this is why turrets exist, in every area that I keep my prisoners I always have at least two or three turrets (depending on the number of cells I have)

Mkok

Quote from: Kalshion on January 30, 2016, 06:43:02 PM
And this is why turrets exist, in every area that I keep my prisoners I always have at least two or three turrets (depending on the number of cells I have)

but then you have to deal with larger raids due to having turrets that are not used in killbox  :o

Thats why I hate how turrets affect raid sizes, it is counter-productive to actually use them, unless you have a killbox, which I never do, since its no fun  :(

Shurp

And thanks to sappers and siegers killboxes are nearly worthless anyway.  OK, they're good against tribals until you establish peace with them.  But I wouldn't recommend relying on them against manhunting warg packs.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

jzero

I have been waiting for so long for prison breaks to be a thing. Now all we need is a way to punish the disobedient prisoners, cat-o-nine-tails anyone?. And possibly a way to repress them into slavery. Ooh this really bring out the sadist in me.
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

NemesisN

my plan is to cut off their legs so they can't escape

seems like a good solution

StorymasterQ

Quote from: NemesisN on February 01, 2016, 04:34:20 AM
my plan is to cut off their legs so they can't escape

The forums are a quote gold mine lately...
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Darkhymn

Quote from: Mkok on January 31, 2016, 06:47:26 AM
Quote from: Kalshion on January 30, 2016, 06:43:02 PM

but then you have to deal with larger raids due to having turrets that are not used in killbox  :o

Thats why I hate how turrets affect raid sizes, it is counter-productive to actually use them, unless you have a killbox, which I never do, since its no fun  :(

Crazy, overbuilt killboxes are useless. I built a defensive perimeter with three possible entrances and five turrets each. Plus my twenty-odd colonists in year four and perhaps a half dozen turrets in fallback positions and a couple in the prison block (for rp purposes at this point), nothing shy of a manhunter pack (which at this point are comprised of ~100 animals) breaches the perimeter, and nothing has ever breached the complex proper.

Veneke

Didn't Tynan remove the bit where turrets impacted the size of raids, and it's now all down to the wealth of the colony?

Quote from: Darkhymn on February 01, 2016, 10:46:06 PM
Crazy, overbuilt killboxes are useless. I built a defensive perimeter with three possible entrances and five turrets each. Plus my twenty-odd colonists in year four and perhaps a half dozen turrets in fallback positions and a couple in the prison block (for rp purposes at this point), nothing shy of a manhunter pack (which at this point are comprised of ~100 animals) breaches the perimeter, and nothing has ever breached the complex proper.

I'm currently in a very similar situation in my current run (though with only around 2-4 turrets per entrance, and more like 15 colonists). How're you dealing with the centipedes in mechanoid raids? Everything else is pretty easily handled, but I'm losing either limbs or colonists every time I come up against the 6-10 centipedes which are in the mechanoids' second wave.

JonoRig

First mental break, I always cut off all my prisoners legs, can't be dealing with that... just assign someone to spoon feed them, then give them a peg leg when I recruit them, or just sell them

Darkhymn

Quote from: Veneke on February 02, 2016, 04:27:04 AM
Didn't Tynan remove the bit where turrets impacted the size of raids, and it's now all down to the wealth of the colony?

Quote from: Darkhymn on February 01, 2016, 10:46:06 PM

I'm currently in a very similar situation in my current run (though with only around 2-4 turrets per entrance, and more like 15 colonists). How're you dealing with the centipedes in mechanoid raids? Everything else is pretty easily handled, but I'm losing either limbs or colonists every time I come up against the 6-10 centipedes which are in the mechanoids' second wave.
Honestly, I've just been using a fortified turret setup with a large contingent of colonists. I'll take a screenshot of my little killing field.