Prescribed Prisoner Treatment

Started by Swederell, January 27, 2014, 05:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swederell

How about having an option to set a default behaviour towards prisoners rather than having to right click and set each one individually. Obviously keep the menu in so you can tweak but have a standard setting that most prisoners will be assigned.

Untrustedlife

There is a default option, ignore em and let them starve. If a player wants a colonist they have to say so, i think it's fine.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Galileus

No it's not. It's a very simple must-have quality of life improvement. Simply add an option to shift-click to assign current order as default and viola - no new menus, no clutter, life easier.

Untrustedlife

So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Plasmatic

Quote from: Galileus on January 27, 2014, 05:51:54 PM
No it's not. It's a very simple must-have quality of life improvement. Simply add an option to shift-click to assign current order as default and viola - no new menus, no clutter, life easier.

Maybe not shift click, perhaps just another column beside the one we have now labeled default behavior or something..

Galileus

But you trade a one sentence of text more for a whole new column in UI... that doesn't sound like a good trade.

Of course this would mean you would have to normalize this function across the game - shift click defaulting all the stuff - like acceptance/denial of newly build stockpiles or assigning newly build beds to colonists or prisoners - but this does seem much lighter on UI.

Trensicourt

Quote from: Swederell on January 27, 2014, 05:08:17 PM
How about having an option to set a default behaviour towards prisoners rather than having to right click and set each one individually. Obviously keep the menu in so you can tweak but have a standard setting that most prisoners will be assigned.

WAIT! How much prisoners do you even have? Its pretty easy if you just make several rooms with 1 bed. Fairly easy, you'll just have a load of humans to replace dead ones. In addition, like Gal said, it isn't really necessary to make a new column at this stage of the game. This is because you can't get a lot of prisoners once you reach a certain amount of colonists. Unless, the new update proves me completely wrong and it wasn't listed on the changes page(or I was blind).
WHAT IS RIM WORLD? A RAIDER DEATH BALL. LITERALLY.

Plasmatic

Yeah, a new column might not be the way to go.. I was just worried about clarity and feedback if the shiftclick was used.. how do we see what is standard at a glance? How do we see if we set a new standard?