[MOD] (Alpha 1) ItchyFlea's Mod (Now with Recyclable Corpses!)

Started by ItchyFlea, January 27, 2014, 05:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

ItchyFlea's Mod V1.2
This mod is for RimWorld Alpha 0.1.334

Changes/Additions:

Changes:
� All flooring types cost 1 metal.

Additions:
� King Size Bed. - Gives improved rest.
� New flooring type, Dirt. - Can be used for farming.
� Targets. - Build these to train up your colonists shooting skill. These require 20 uranium to build which can be acquired from traders. This new item is found under the Security tab. It is indestructible.
How to use: Draft a colonist then press the 'F' key and click on the target. If they are within range, they will start shooting the target.

New in this version:
� Recyclable Corpses. - Turn corpses (Squirrel, Boomrat, Prisoner, etc.) into 3 potatoes. Everything seems to live off potatoes, and you are what you eat, so...  :-\
How to use: Build a blasting charge and the build several of the RecycleCorpse (1 corpse per structure) structure around it, the maximum is 44. Once you are done building, move your people away and detonate the charge. Boom! Fresh Potatoes.

Install Instructions:
1) Make a backup copy of your RimWorld\Mods folder.
2) Go into the mods folder and delete the folder in there named 'Core'
3) Unzip this file and place in the mods folder.

Uninstall Instructions:
1) Replace the Rimworld\Mods folder with the backup copy.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y4eyy5a8moii5c2/ItchyFleas%20Mod%20v1.2.7z

WARNING: Worlds created with this mod installed will not work in an unmodded RimWorld version.

Known Bugs:
• RecyclableCorpses create an invisible corpse when deconstructed, along with a more complex bug that will break colonists.
Solution: Never deconstruct a RecyclableCorpse.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Plasmatic

Might just be me, but my colonists don't seem to build the bed, they just put down the metal for it, but dont actually construct it.

EDIT: Strange.. tried it again, and now it was constructed fine.... maybe I did something wrong the first time..

EDIT 2: Would it be possible to make the colonists sleep in the center of the bed? or is that not possible without major modifications? Seems like a waste to only sleep on a single side of the bed when you have a king size bed :P

ItchyFlea

I can't find a way to make them sleep in the center of it as this stage. I suspect that that part of beds is hardcoded at the moment.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Plasmatic

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 27, 2014, 08:46:52 PM
I can't find a way to make them sleep in the center of it as this stage. I suspect that that part of beds is hardcoded at the moment.

Would it be possible to make it a double bed? as in 2 colonists sleep in it? I assume not :)

RimLover

Can i start a request here ?!

if yes, i would like to have x5 population and many geysers.

otherwise i love u anyway ;) ! Keep modding

Plasmatic

Quote from: RimLover on January 28, 2014, 12:57:39 PM
Can i start a request here ?!

if yes, i would like to have x5 population and many geysers.

otherwise i love u anyway ;) ! Keep modding

Just play on Randy Random (hes not hard at all) and use dev mode so you can set unlimited power.. no need for a mod to do this anymore..

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Plasmatic on January 27, 2014, 09:23:05 PM
Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 27, 2014, 08:46:52 PM

Would it be possible to make it a double bed? as in 2 colonists sleep in it? I assume not :)
Its not possible, I have my own "Royal Bed" that I made ..(does  the same exact thing -_- heals em 25% faster and is 2x2,costs alot, but it cannot change how they perceive there room)  There are no tags that can change the amount of colonists per bed at this moment.

Itchy, you have any idea what the tags are for how much they improve the room they are in.. the only one i could find was "Neutral"

edit:
I looked through the xml files and found a few more.

So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Untrustedlife on January 28, 2014, 08:36:40 PM
Itchy, you have any idea what the tags are for how much they improve the room they are in.. the only one i could find was "Neutral"
edit:
I looked through the xml files and found a few more.
I found these ones when making this mod:
NiceTiny
UglyTiny
Neutral

Untrustedlife

Yea I saw those.
(as you can see i edited my post) perhaps tynan will enlighten us on the rest.
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

ItchyFlea

A new version has been released. (V1.1)

The new version adds targets to the game, so you can train your colonists shooting skill. They use the pawn head graphic so they look a little odd. They cost 20 Uranium to build, which can be acquired via trading. You can find them in the Security tab.

Using them is quite easy. First you draft a colonist and bring him/her somewhere near the target. Once in position, push the 'F' key on your keyboard and then click on the target. If the target is within range of their weapon, they will start attacking it.
It is indestructible, so you won't have to worry about rebuilding it after use.

Example of a shooting range:

Plasmatic

I only have 1 word to say:

Epic!

Keep bringing out these great ideas!

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

palandus

You can find the "beautytypes" by datamining the compiled dll with .NET Reflector. They are for reference:

Horrifying,
    Hideous,
    Ugly,
    UglyTiny,
    Neutral,
    NiceTiny,
    Nice,
    Gorgeous,
    Enchanting

ItchyFlea

Those are much appreciated.  ;D
I already have a use in mind for Horrifying.  :-X

If I can ask a favour, are you able to find and post the texturepaths for all the in-game textures? I haven't got a clue on how to datamine and have been literally stabbing in the dark trying to guess what they are.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: palandus on January 30, 2014, 05:35:03 PM
You can find the "beautytypes" by datamining the compiled dll with .NET Reflector. They are for reference:

Horrifying,
    Hideous,
    Ugly,
    UglyTiny,
    Neutral,
    NiceTiny,
    Nice,
    Gorgeous,
    Enchanting
Thank you for those I could really really use them.
I have a great idea now....

Also, nice update itchy, i'm still hammering away at my toxic world conversion when I have time :P
damn school getting in my modding-way.
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

LINK