[MOD] (Alpha 1) ItchyFlea's Mod (Now with Recyclable Corpses!)

Started by ItchyFlea, January 27, 2014, 05:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

A new version has been released. (v1.2)

This version introduces Recyclable Corpses.
It is a structure that is designed to be destroyed, and when destroyed it leaves behind 3 potatoes.

It will accept any kind of corpse. Squirrel, Boomrat, Prisoner, etc.

How to use:
First build a blasting charge. Then, surrounding that, build the new item RecycleCorpse (Found in the Security Tab). It will accept any type of corpse as the material. Squirrel, Boomrat, Prisoner, etc. You can build up to 44 of these in the blast radius of the charge.
Once you are done building, or have built the number you require, detonate the charge. Boom! Fresh Potatoes.

The thinking is that everything seems to live off potatoes, and you are what you eat......

This was inspired by Tynan
I placed it in the security tab because I couldn't think of anywhere else to put it.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Jones-250

Skill,
  Cohesion
      and a Forward spirit.

Ender

The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

Ender

Quote from: Untrustedlife on January 30, 2014, 09:24:27 PM
Quote from: palandus on January 30, 2014, 05:35:03 PM
Also, nice update itchy, i'm still hammering away at my toxic world conversion when I have time :P
damn school getting in my modding-way.
Sooooo by toxic world i dont suppose it might be something of the sort in the old "eclipse colony" where we need air, or am i getting to excited? Please! do tell!

Untrustedlife

It is stated in the back stories of some colonists that some come from "Toxic Worlds" where toxic slime covers the surface and you are unable to survive outside.And live in compounds built into the ground.

I am making a total conversion for this.
(I have however stopped working on it for the moment , school has taken over my life, but i can assure you it is going swimmingly)

Current Features:
I have it set up that you cannot farm outside (but you can farm inside, and build "dirt plots" inside), and being outside gives a constant  debuff, and slime now replaces sand, which is almost impossible for colonists to walk through, (but they can very slowly, and they get an even bigger debuff from being in the slime , and colonists will either not go across slime, or path around it (apparently due to how the <PathCost> tag works.

Once I reskin the slime I will go ahead and release it.
(I don't have the time however, expect it within a few days)
The toxic slime and survival aspects work perfectly.  ;) (within the limits of the current alpha of course)
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Ender

so how well do raiders path around or through slime then? seeing as if what i gathered is correct raiders do path differently than colonists.

letharion

When I'm running with this mod, after about an hour or so, my AI malfunctions by doing nothing, as their current activity I get a "driverReport error".

Of course, I don't know that the mod itself is the cause, but I started a new game without the mod, and then I don't get it, so I figured I'd paste it here.

Awesome mod though. :D

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

ItchyFlea

Odd. Could you post the saved game with that bugged colonist?
Zip the save up and it should be small enough to post here on the forums. If it's still too large, upload it to mediafire (or somewhere similar) and post the download link here.
Saves are located here:

� Windows: Users\[Current user name]\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\
� Mac: /Users/[Current user name]/Library/Caches/unity.Ludeon Studios.RimWorld/
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

letharion

Here's the save, zipped. It appears to happen whenever a colonist decides to either construct, or haul, something. Colonists "snap out of it", if those tasks are unassigned. Though I don't think there's anything mod-related being built at the moment, and the problem persists even if I cancel all pending construction.

ItchyFlea

Wow that was fun to figure out. I've fixed the save and attached it to this post for you.

Found the exact cause, and have noted it in the OP.
Thanks for reporting this.  :)

letharion

That's awesome. :D

Can't have been entirely trivial to work out. :)

Since that turned out to be sort of related to the mod, I'm giving it a go again.

This time, there's two characters at the lower right end of the map. They're just standing still, doing nothing at all. If one clicks on them, one looses the entire UI. Nothing else is clickable, the colonists can't be deselected, and the only escape is to kill the application.

Unlike the previous issue, I haven't been able to find a way to make them snap out of it.

Ender

Quote from: letharion on February 19, 2014, 09:55:58 AM
That's awesome. :D

Can't have been entirely trivial to work out. :)

Since that turned out to be sort of related to the mod, I'm giving it a go again.

This time, there's two characters at the lower right end of the map. They're just standing still, doing nothing at all. If one clicks on them, one looses the entire UI. Nothing else is clickable, the colonists can't be deselected, and the only escape is to kill the application.

Unlike the previous issue, I haven't been able to find a way to make them snap out of it.
I to have had issues with this before in a game, it was a colonist of mine, and did the exact same thing, complete loss of UI and the only way to end it was to kill the program. though unfortunately i cant find the save file :P (this game i speak of was un-modded)

letharion

Quote from: Ender on February 19, 2014, 07:32:27 PM
I to have had issues with this before in a game, it was a colonist of mine, and did the exact same thing, complete loss of UI and the only way to end it was to kill the program. though unfortunately i cant find the save file :P (this game i speak of was un-modded)

Since you said it happened unmodded, I looked throught the normal bugs, and mantis. Turns out this is already a known issue:
http://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=341