[A12d] [WIP] Power Grid improvements

Started by tincan, January 20, 2016, 08:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tincan

Many People including me are thinking about improving their power grids by linking different important grids by means of a diode.
This would allow to use surplus power from a low priority grid in a higher priority grid.
At the moment I'm modding an automatic switch that can act depending on the grid status (power production positive or negative) to disconnect nonessentials.
This is not exactly what a diode does, but I think it's the easiest way to achieve priorities.
I stil have some bugs to fight but I hope I can give you a first version soon.

I also though about a object drawing that much power on one side to satisfy power needs on the other side, but the load distribution is giving me headaches. I will still try this one time.

And for the next project I'm planning to extend the switch to a UPS Controller that integrates blackout prevention, battery charger and surge protection.
Because Fuses only save batteries from blowing up but not from draining in a case of surge, and I'm sick of connecting fully charged backup batteries to the grid manually.

Bendigeidfran

If you get a working Diode then consider me sold already. Also more useful features for batteries to prevent blackouts and the like in the event of the main group of batteries draining would be awesome.

Sold. Get this done and you have another instant download here :D