Steam release and do i get a key.

Started by bradaz85, February 01, 2016, 08:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradaz85

I bought this game back in 2013 and I played a few of the alpha builds, was really keen to see how the game would turn out. I think I bought an influencer package ($30) back at kick-starter but through Paypal and I was just wandering if that nets me a steam key, I couldn't remember. And also if we will be sent a key automatically if we do get one? Is there a date on the steam release?

Many thanks in advance.

ItchyFlea

If you bought the game on or before the 4th of November 2014 you will definitely receive a Steam key. When the game is released on Steam you will be able to get your key via this page: RimWorld link and key giver
Right now you can only get your download link via that page.

EDIT: Fixed the broken link.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

bradaz85

That's great thank you! Yeah I definitely backed when the kickstarter was active in 2013. Any idea when the steam release will be?

Edit: that link doesn't seem to work pal.

bradaz85

Quote from: Darkhymn on February 01, 2016, 10:47:05 PM
Quote from: ItchyFlea on February 01, 2016, 08:45:48 PM
When the game is released on Steam

That's just stating the obvious whilst being as vague as possible :) but thanks haha.

william_doe

I don't even know if Tynan knows when the steam release will be at this point.  I think he wanted to wait until it's not early access iirc.

bradaz85

I see, so full release. That's cool. Thank you!

Coenmcj

Quote from: william_doe on February 02, 2016, 02:58:57 AM
I don't even know if Tynan knows when the steam release will be at this point.  I think he wanted to wait until it's not early access iirc.
Tynan's got a very good policy of never mentioning release dates, so as to not dash anyone's expectations should he encounter issues, and ensuring he has sufficient time to deal with said issues without getting backlash off of us for not having the next update 'on time'
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite