My Iguanas aren't getting frisky.

Started by Sorenzo, February 03, 2016, 11:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorenzo

Hey

I know I don't really need to breed iguanas, but I want to try. Problem is, they're not helping me. I have two males and three females, two of which are stuck at 50% egg progress.

They're in a quite confined area with sleeping spots, and they hang around each other all the time, but they seem to stay at 50% egg progress, and have for months. I don't think they're mating.

Anyone has any idea why that might be? My other animals are doing just fine.

JimmyAgnt007

Id ask how old they are but age didnt seem to be an issue with other animals.  Could be a bug or just really bad luck on your part. 

Have you tried smooth jazz?

Sorenzo

All three females are stuck at 50% egg progress now. I wonder if anyone's done this successfully. Maybe the game just doesn't tell me? Maybe it's bugged. Oh well.

skullywag

They get to 50 anyways its simply that your male needs to do the deed but he only has a 5 percent chance per day, which isnt a lot. More males will help.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Sorenzo

Ah! Thank you. That makes sense, then. I kinda didn't expect there to be a modifier... I figured they'd get it on whenever they had the opportunity - some animals do.

I guess I'll keep my male Iguanas out of the line of fire for a while longer, then... I just finished combat training, too... ;)

Thanks!

skullywag

Well roosters are i believe the only animal that dont follow the 5 percent rule. They just go ham all the time.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

StorymasterQ

Your roosters go ham? Skullywag, you need to check those cocks.

As an aside, if an animal copulates with another animal of a different species, does that constitute bestiality?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here